Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hakeem Adeniji cleared for practice
(10-20-2021, 03:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, I'm not down on him by any stretch, but I'm also not over the moon.

If he had great games when he played last year, I'd sing a different tune, but Carman has looked just as good (if not better) than Adeniji (and yes, I know they play different spots).

Also, again, you draft the player and not the school, but Kansas isn't known for OL and the last one we got... turned out to be borderline useless.

[url=https://www.edwardjones.com/us-en/financial-advisor/tanner-hawkinson][/url]Tanner Hawkinson, Financial Advisor | Edward Jones
Contact Me · call Tanner Hawkinson at (785) 841-3991 · Ask A Question · Refer a Friend.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Adenji is alright, a bit overhyped around here IMO. Great to get depth back though. Do we think he is long-term better than Prince? I assume so, but he hasn’t been a bad backup so far this year either.

I think I remember seeing something about him also being looked at for center.  That could be intriguing, but unlikely for this season.  I like the Swiss Army Knife-style that he is and can play every position.  

Guys like that are good to have on the roster.  I thought he did pretty well in limited action as a rookie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 05:50 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Ossai coming back too?  : )

Man, I wish.  Seems his injury was the worst type for that injury and will take time.  Not as bad as an ACL or MCL, but still...he won't be back this year.  
Reply/Quote
This might not mean much more then them wanting to get him some practice. Jonah after he tore his pec his rookie year was cleared to practice but never saw the field.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 01:46 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Me too....great news.  I was kind of excited for him as a solid depth piece going into the season.  

quality depth is always a good thing especially as there are 17 games now. welcome back Hakeem!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 04:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whachu talkin' bout, Gramps?  Hopkins IS the deficiency on the OL this season..

Good point. Trey Hopkins is playing at roughly the same level he did in 2020 and don’t forget due to injury he missed most of Frank Pollack’s early tutelage. The rest of the line has caught up to Trey and passed him in terms of ability.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad Adeniji is back. He'll add some nice depth for us.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He is one of the most overrated players by a lot of fans here, but I agree it is good to have him back for depth. We are paper thin behind our starters.

Just hope I don't see him play this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 09:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: This might not mean much more then them wanting to get him some practice. Jonah after he tore his pec his rookie year was cleared to practice but never saw the field.

Jonah had a torn labrum....different recovery time

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote