Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hakeem Adeniji first start.

Pray he plays well...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he does and maybe tackle is off the board in the 1st round.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I have never seen so much hype for a 6th round pick from some of the guys around here.

I hope he plays well, but I am not expecting much. Not saying a 6th round pick can't become a good player in the NFL, but it is rare. And even when it does happen it is almost never as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
Fred down on everyone this year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I saw somewhere (Hobson I think) this is his second start. Did he start a game as an extra tackle in a running formation?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 03:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fred down on everyone this year.

C'mon, you know that isn't true.

I am just being realistic bout Hakeem.  I want him to succeed, but some guys around here have been claiming he is "the answer" for our O-line problems.  Why would anyone say that about the 180th player (34th offensive lineman) taken in the draft?

I could see if he was some project that could be much better next year.  Say a gifted athlete that just dropped in the draft because he needs a year to add bulk, or some overweight guy who has dropped a lot of weight, or an injured player who needed to recover.  But Hakeem is none of those things.  He is just a guy that every team scouted and  passed on for 5 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon, you know that isn't true.

I am just being realistic bout Hakeem.  I want him to succeed, but some guys around here have been claiming he is "the answer" for our O-line problems.  Why would anyone say that about the 180th player (34th offensive lineman) taken in the draft?

I could see if he was some project that could be much better next year.  Say a gifted athlete that just dropped in the draft because he needs a year to add bulk, or some overweight guy who has dropped a lot of weight, or an injured player who needed to recover from an injury.  But Hakeem is none of those things.  He is just a guy that every team scouted by passed on for 5 rounds.

No one has said that. 

There are some guys that liked him through the draft process and wanted the team to give him a chance at guard when Fred Johnson and Billy Price were in there giving up sacks and pressure. 

I liked him through the process but I know he needs that first year to rebuild his body before he's NFL ready. I also said I wouldnt mind him getting a shot at LG after the bye week if XSF was back...That was a couple weeks ago.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:12 PM)Synric Wrote: No one has said that. 

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-OL-guru-believes-answer-to-the-unit-is-already-on-the-roster?highlight=answer
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh yes they did.

A bunch of them

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-OL-guru-believes-answer-to-the-unit-is-already-on-the-roster?highlight=answer

You should actually read the posts. 

Reply/Quote
I agree with Fred on this one. Is he going up against clowney? Tough first go... unless clowney slacking which is a possibility.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:12 PM)Synric Wrote: No one has said that. 

There are some guys that liked him through the draft process and wanted the team to give him a chance at guard when Fred Johnson and Billy Price were in there giving up sacks and pressure. 

I liked him through the process but I know he needs that first year to rebuild his body before he's NFL ready. I also said I wouldnt mind him getting a shot at LG after the bye week if XSF was back...That was a couple weeks ago.

I have been talking up Hakeem.  I think he has great potential with his feet movement.  Curious to see how he does in his first start.  Would prefer that he played RT though.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I have been talking up Hakeem.  I think he has great potential with his feet movement.  Curious to see how he does in his first start.  Would prefer that he played RT though.  

I seen somewhere a few weeks ago Adeniji was getting reps at Center. LG/Center might be his best chance in the NFL. Year 2 pre-season will be huge for him.

I would say hes gonna struggle Sunday lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:17 PM)Synric Wrote: You should actually read the posts. 

Seemed like folks in that thread were being realistic about Hakeem. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This will be interesting as I thought he projected more as a RT.
Reply/Quote
So I guess that means Fred Johnson will be at RT...
Reply/Quote
Gonna be a interesting game with this improvised line-up.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never seen so much hype for a 6th round pick from some of the guys around here.

I hope he plays well, but I am not expecting much.  Not saying a 6th round pick can't become a good player in the NFL, but it is rare.  And even when it does happen it is almost never as a rookie.

Yes, you have.  I'm positive that you were a member of the boards when Desmond Briscoe mania was upon the fans. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seemed like folks in that thread were being realistic about Hakeem. 

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story trying to get an argument started. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon, you know that isn't true.

I could see if he was some project that could be much better next year.  Say a gifted athlete that just dropped in the draft because he needs a year to add bulk, or some overweight guy who has dropped a lot of weight, or an injured player who needed to recover.  But Hakeem is none of those things.  He is just a guy that every team scouted and  passed on for 5 rounds.
I do recall Lapham was very high on this guy during training camp...acted like we got a second rounder in him. 
We shall see.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 05:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: This will be interesting as I thought he projected more as a RT.

I’m surprised as well.Maybe I missed something but I would think he would start at RT.Fred Johnson has already shown he is a better Tackle at the NFL level than Guard.Especially LT.For the most part,Fred Johnson,at the end of last season and this year,what limited amount he has played,he appeared to be above average.
Reply/Quote