Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hakeem Adeniji first start.
The hope for Adeniji is that due to his quick feet, versatility, and smarts, he can become a valuable depth puece. Not anchor the line at LT. Even if he becomes a solid player, he is doubtful to look it in game 1 vs Clowney.

Joe Thomas he is not.

If Burrow does not get killed this week, I'll be ecstatic.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is gonna ***** die.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never seen so much hype for a 6th round pick from some of the guys around here.

I hope he plays well, but I am not expecting much.  Not saying a 6th round pick can't become a good player in the NFL, but it is rare.  And even when it does happen it is almost never as a rookie.

Be rough on him at LT in his first game, that's no doubt. Sink or swim baby!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon, you know that isn't true.

I am just being realistic bout Hakeem.  I want him to succeed, but some guys around here have been claiming he is "the answer" for our O-line problems.  Why would anyone say that about the 180th player (34th offensive lineman) taken in the draft?

I could see if he was some project that could be much better next year.  Say a gifted athlete that just dropped in the draft because he needs a year to add bulk, or some overweight guy who has dropped a lot of weight, or an injured player who needed to recover.  But Hakeem is none of those things.  He is just a guy that every team scouted and  passed on for 5 rounds.

Every team scouted and passed on Tom Brady for 5 rounds. Every team scouted and passed on Antonio Brown for 5 rounds. Just two examples. It happens. 

Of course he's likely going to have some growing pains, but Dave Lapham had good things to say about him.... likes hours athleticism and feet. It'll be interesting to see how he holds up. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 07:26 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The hope for Adeniji is that due to his quick feet, versatility, and smarts, he can become a valuable depth puece. Not anchor the line at LT. Even if he becomes a solid player, he is doubtful to look it in game 1 vs Clowney.

Joe Thomas he is not.

If Burrow does not get killed this week, I'll be ecstatic.

If it gets REAL bad, I'd pull him. Is Mixon back this week? I haven't been keeping up. If so, go max protect and 3 yards and a cloud of dust it. Only shot to keep him outta the tent.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon, you know that isn't true.

I am just being realistic bout Hakeem.  I want him to succeed, but some guys around here have been claiming he is "the answer" for our O-line problems.  Why would anyone say that about the 180th player (34th offensive lineman) taken in the draft?

I could see if he was some project that could be much better next year.  Say a gifted athlete that just dropped in the draft because he needs a year to add bulk, or some overweight guy who has dropped a lot of weight, or an injured player who needed to recover.  But Hakeem is none of those things.  He is just a guy that every team scouted and  passed on for 5 rounds.

Agree feel like some fans overhype bottom of the roster guys every year because were so bad at a certain position that they think we might have a hidden gem hiding on the roster and that the coaches are dumb and can’t see there talent. Westerman, comes to mind. Like you said no ones saying you cant find good players in late rounds or undrafted guys but the odds lean towards them not panning numbers wise. We need to have realistic expectations for some guys. Fred Johnson is a good example. A 6’8 330 pound lineman who played at a big time program at Florida probably went undrafted because he’s not that good at football.
Reply/Quote
If Adeniji or Johnson goes down, who plays tackle? Finley?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 08:34 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: If Adeniji or Johnson goes down, who plays tackle? Finley?

I would say Michael Jordan would play tackle and one of the new guys or Sutherland would fill in at guard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 08:34 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: If Adeniji or Johnson goes down, who plays tackle? Finley?

Completely guessing but I feel like Michael Jordan has the size and length to play tackle and would probably be a better option then Finely who’s an inside guy. If I had to guess I’m assuming Turner has a plan for that and is giving that guy reps at practice at tackle.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 05:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: This will be interesting as I thought he projected more as a RT.

He played LT his entire college career.  Granted, it was for a poor team in the Big 12 Conference, but 4 years of D1 LT experience has to account for something.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not where I hoped he would fill in, but if there’s some talent with adeniji I think we will see it Sunday
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 08:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He played LT his entire college career.  Granted, it was for a poor team in the Big 12 Conference, but 4 years of D1 LT experience has to account for something.

Yep. His biggest knock is consistency. Great tools but, 6th round, hasn't put it together yet. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If nothing else, when you put these unknowns in, after a while at least you know what you have/don't have. That helps to clear up needs in FA and the draft. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Good luck to him! At the very least it's experience in case he has to play against Pittsburgh. Will be nice to have Spain in the fold against them.
Reply/Quote

6-4 205 lb Finley? uuuh   NO
new guy Finney? yep
And regarding the comments on him being a 6th rounder...look around the league and you will find many many players that were low picks or undrafted and are very good players
new guy Finney is one of those
Reply/Quote
Drew Sample is the next eric Winston. If he has to play tackle this game you'll see why. Haha JK. Would be cool though. Not sure what Winston weight was when he first came into the league but guessing Sample isn't close to where he was.
Reply/Quote
Is Hakeem Adeniji lining up against Jadeveon Clowney tomorrow?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 02:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Is Hakeem Adeniji lining up against Jadeveon Clowney tomorrow?

He will likely be moving around, but yes, he will. Fred and Hakeem will both see him.
Reply/Quote