Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hakeem Nicks in for a workout
(04-06-2016, 02:29 PM)Shady Wrote: The links between the Lions and these WRs in the first round baffles me. They signed Jones and Kerley, and they still have Tate. That's quite a bit of talent. You'd think they'd be more attracted to an OLineman or basically anyone to improve their weak defense. 

The other teams I can certainly see being interested in a WR in the first. If they all go in that direction, which they could but probably won't, you'd think we'd be screwed, but I really like Sterling Shepard and Kolby Listenbee. I don't know if Shepard would be there for us in the 2nd, and I'm not sure he'd be worth a 1st round pick. I feel the same way about Michael Thomas. Listenbee is probably a guy we could get in the 4th, if he falls that far. 

3 #2's dont = megatron
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 03:12 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Giovani Bernard also played there.  He sucks too.

Right?

Beat me to it.

To the OP, all for more competition. Nicks did cause a lot of Eli's interceptions though.

I like Mike Williams much more with his amazing talent at going up for the ball, strong hands, bigger route tree and redzone ability.

If we can get Mike to focus on football i think he could make an impact here in a good way.

Want Corey Coleman in the first if he is there still.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 03:12 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Giovani Bernard also played there.  He sucks too.

Right?

I didn't mention Gio for a reason.

But you're denying the other 4 don't suck?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 01:14 PM)Shady Wrote: The coaches must not be totally convinced that drafting one of these WRs in the first round is such a good idea. Could they be that unimpressed with them?

It's just an insurance thing. Williams and Nicks, if they looked good, are now on the list to be called. It's like during the regular season when we see tryouts on Tuesday and it's positions that we don't see a need for. In case of injury, they're ready to go.

If we don't draft a WR where we want, then we'll probably give one of these guys a call. Look at 2007, we were close to signing Ed Hartwell, but we wanted to see what happened in the draft. We missed on all of LB prospects in the 2nd round, so we signed Hartwell.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 04:10 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I didn't mention Gio for a reason.

Well I wouldn't say Tate necessarily sucks, I just think his contributions are limited and he isn't a good wide receiver. He wouldn't have been in the league this long if he sucked

I think nicks still has talent, he just needs to get some confidence back. With that said I wouldn't hold my breath. But he could kind of be like kenny Britt who shows promise, fell out of favor a couple years but has played well last couple years. Not a number one, but solid contribution

Little was terrible

Bodine was a 4th pick who has started the last 2 years, so I never had even these expectations. I wouldn't say he sucks... But I wouldn't call him great (or maybe even good) either. Maybe average or a little below? In my opinion he is still much better than Eric ghaicheck ever was. And he may still have room to develop a little more. With his surrounding cast We don't need bodine to rock, we just need him to be competent. I would say he is at least capable of that. Guy is still young. If he doesn't show progression and starts regressing, then we may be on to something
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lawrence Taylor was also from NC..Definitely sucked..so was Julius Peppers.. Yeah, nothing but bums..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 04:10 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I didn't mention Gio for a reason.

Roleplayers are often as important as the superstars.... You can only afford so many superstars so the roleplayers make up the majority of your team.
Reply/Quote
UNC should stick to basketball! They can't produce any good football talent! Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote