Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hakeem Nicks tried out today
Per Schefter;

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/717457317348974593

Reply/Quote
again reinforcing that we are looking for BPA in the draft and not leaving holes in the roster going into it.

everything tells me that they want a DE/DT in the first round. I think they will have a run on CB's before 20 or I would say CB could be in play as well.

If he's healthy I still think he can be a solid 2 or 3. It will be interesting when training camp comes if they will give the rookies/backkups equal chance to snag one of those coveted starting roles.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Was once a pretty good receiver.

Hasn't been much productive last 2 years but I would be curious to see what he's got.

He just turned 28.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 06:07 PM)Okeana Wrote: again reinforcing that we are looking for BPA in the draft and not leaving holes in the roster going into it.

everything tells me that they want a DE/DT in the first round. I think they will have a run on CB's before 20 or I would say CB could be in play as well.

i would say DE more than CB just cause we resigned adam and have kirk and dennard but they could be thinking longer term.

Really i like when we go into the draft and have no idea what the team might be thinking.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 06:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i would say DE more than CB  just cause we resigned adam and have kirk and dennard  but they could be thinking longer term.

Really i like when we go into the draft and have no idea what the team might be thinking.

Agreed we normally don't take Dline in the first round, but I think this year has so much talent that we may make an exception.  Lets not forget Darron Lee is also a strong possibility, but with them confirming the confidence in Dawson its unlikely.

Reply/Quote
I really don't hate the move to bring in vets like Hicks and Lafell. They have great resumes, and could easily replicate previous form with this offense. It's not a great year for offensive talent, so positioning themselves to make the most of the defensive talent available in the draft I think is smart.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 07:38 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: I really don't hate the move to bring in vets like Hicks and Lafell. They have great resumes, and could easily replicate previous form with this offense. It's not a great year for offensive talent, so positioning themselves to make the most of the defensive talent available in the draft I think is smart.

I couldn't agree more, with your line of thinking here.  I'm also hoping that they see Center as a serious issue, and spend a quality pick to address that problem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals have whiffed on every DT since Geno Atkins in the draft.

Not sure I want one in the 1st
Reply/Quote
I just hope they check him out very, very thoroughly. If he checks out and works out he would be a good addition.
Reply/Quote
Nicks is done. As long as we're not planning on using him as one of our top 3 recievers I guess I'm okay with it.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 08:10 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Nicks is done. As long as we're not planning on using him as one of our top 3 recievers I guess I'm okay with it.

What makes you say he's done? 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 08:05 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Bengals have whiffed on every DT since Geno Atkins in the draft.

Not sure I want one in the 1st

LMAO do you know how many players actually work out that are drafted each year in the league ?  This year we have a new defensive line coach so maybe he will evaluate talent better.  Thinking we shouldn't draft a DT/DE in the first just because a couple mid round guys didn't work out is juvenile.

Reply/Quote
Wink 
(04-05-2016, 08:10 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Nicks is done. As long as we're not planning on using him as one of our top 3 recievers I guess I'm okay with it.

[Image: madame_orba4.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 09:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: [Image: madame_orba4.jpg]

Is that the same crystal ball you use to predict the rest of Jeremy Hill's career? Smirk
Reply/Quote
Bring in both Hicks and Williams.

Draft a WR in the mid rounds

Let them compete.

Reply/Quote
Bring him in and let him compete. who doesnt want some competition? we need WR

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/05/bengals-kick-the-tires-on-veteran-wideout-hakeem-nicks/
Reply/Quote
Where's Greg Hill? He didn't suck too much last year.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I though Nicks disappeared because he was injured, but from what I can tell he was healthy last year.

He was cut by the Titans before the season started. He was not picked up by the Giants until Novemeber and did nothing for them.

Looks like he is finished.
Reply/Quote

at this point we are probly worknig them out but wont sign anyone till after the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What makes you say he's done? 

Never played a full 16 games. (Except with the Colts when he only started 6 of them)

Did barely anything with the Colts, then as Fred said, did even less with the Titans last year. 

He used to be a great receiver...in 2011 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote