Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Haley to Dallas?
From the rumor mill...Todd Haley, Steeler's OC heads to Dallas in same capacity, Bruce Arians, returns to Pittsburgh to take his place.

Why it might happen:
Rothlesberger and Hayley NEVER saw eye to eye or got along. It's been a strained, (but successful) relationship since day one. BR was exceptionally pissed after that last play against NE when Hayley called off the spike at the last second. Probably cost them the game.

I don't think Tomlin was all that thrilled with the call either.

Hayley previously coached for the Cowboys

Hayley's contract runs out this year.  

Cowboys are expected to clean house of much of their coaching staff very soon. Garrett is safe, but coordinators are expected to be let go.

Arians was the Steeler OC before Hayley. He and Ben had a great relationship, very father / son-ish. Ben made no secret of his displeasure when he was let go.

Why it won't happen:
Though Haley may be gone, Arians will most likey stay with Arizona or retire completely. I don't see a clear scenario of him being fired from Arizona and taking the Steelers OC job.

Why it matters:

I don't see the Steelers making any kind of OC move if Ben is retiring, but I do see them making a move if he commits to the team another couple years. So if we see some movement to the offensive coaching staff, it probably is an indication that Ben will NOT be retiring in the next season or two.

Just my opinion....
Reply/Quote
bruce arians retired so lol
People suck
Reply/Quote
Haley injured in bar fight on NYE. That sort of headline doesn't generally cut it for a head coach. Steelers will keep him or he will head to college

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:37 PM)pally Wrote: Haley injured in bar fight on NYE.   That sort of headline doesn't generally cut it for a head coach.  Steelers will keep him or he will head to college

I can't wait for pissburg fans to say Burfict did it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: I can't wait for pissburg fans to say Burfict did it..

Impossible. He still doesn't know what planet he's on, let alone find his way to Pittsburgh. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 05:38 PM)Griever Wrote: bruce arians retired so lol

Arians does seem pretty done this time, but in all fairness the guy retired in 2012, too.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 06:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Arians does seem pretty done this time, but in all fairness the guy retired in 2012, too.

I think that was more according to the Steelers than it was to Arians ...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:06 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I think that was more according to the Steelers than it was to Arians ...

"Hey Bruce, congratulations on your retirement."

"Thanks.   Wait. What?"
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 10:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: "Hey Bruce, congratulations on your retirement."

"Thanks.   Wait. What?"

Yeah, I think that was pretty much it. LOL
Reply/Quote