Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Half Way Point
We are 5-3 at the halfway point of the 2018 season. If we replicate what we did in the first half of the year, 10-6 gets us in the playoffs.

Now we all know we are in contention for the AFC North Crown however if we stumble in that regard we are dealing with 4 teams for the 2 Wild Card Spots:

San Diego (who we play in Dec)
Baltimore (who we already beat and play again)
Miami (who we already beat)
and maybe Tennessee (who is sub .500 now)

The second half won't be easy but we have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Getting way ahead of myself but it sounds like a wildcard birth that would be an away game against Houston or Pittsburgh.   Sick

Oh well if we get that far I think we are capable of winning such a game despite our history. Still not the path I'd pick per se.

I hope I'm wrong but my second half breakdown is like this:

Saints L

@Ravens L

Browns W

Denver L (they always give us trouble)

@Chargers W

Raiders W

@Browns W

@Pittsburgh L

That is 4-4 or 9-7 on the year. Beating the Chargers might keep us in it for the Wild Card though it is true the Titans have an easy enough schedule that they could challenge us. That said, maybe I'm wrong and we go 7-1 and 12-4 on the year. Anything is possible.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 09:33 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Getting way ahead of myself but it sounds like a wildcard birth that would be an away game against Houston or Pittsburgh.   Sick

Oh well if we get that far I think we are capable of winning such a game despite our history. Still not the path I'd pick per se.

Saints L

@Ravens L

Browns W

@Chargers W

Raiders W

@Browns W

@Pittsburgh L

That is 4-4 or 9-7 on the year. Beating the Chargers might keep us in it for the Wild Card though it is true the Titans have an easy enough schedule that they could challenge us. That said, maybe I'm wrong and we go 7-1 and 12-4 on the year. Anything is possible.

I think the Brownies take one from us. I also think the Chargers game will be a good one, and depend on which team shows up. But still think this team ends up 9-7 with maybe taking one from Pitt or Denver.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 09:33 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Getting way ahead of myself but it sounds like a wildcard birth that would be an away game against Houston or Pittsburgh.   Sick

Saints L

@Ravens L

Browns W

@Chargers W

Raiders W

@Browns W

@Pittsburgh L

This year, I see a split with the Browns, as they are much improved, and no way I see a win in LA.  7-9
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 01:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This year, I see a split with the Browns, as they are much improved, and no way I see a win in LA.  7-9

After today they are even in more disarray, we should now sweep them easily........I hope Ken Zampese is their new OC
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Interesting comments from Jay Gruden:

The second came on the ensuing possession, which started at the Washington 25. On the third play, Adrian Peterson took his third straight carry off right tackle, and ripped through the Giants defense for a 64-yard touchdown. And that was it. Ballgame.

So what ties the two? Gruden and the Redskins’ massive investment in big people, on both sides of the ball, allowed them to play bully ball when it mattered most.

“I’m a firm believer in line-of-scrimmage football. We invested a lot of money in our offensive line and draft picks, and we’ve invested a lot in our defensive line,” Gruden said. “And to me that’s what football’s all about. It enables you to protect your quarterback, run the ball, stop the run and get after the quarterback. It’s paying off right now.”

The rundown on the investment is pretty staggering. Among the five guys (including the outside linebacker) who start on the defensive line of scrimmage, three are first-round picks—Ryan Kerrigan, Da’Ron Payne, and Jonathan Allen. Preston Smith, who plays opposite Kerrigan, is a second-rounder, as is the third outside ’backer, Ryan Anderson. And Matt Ioannidis is a home-grown fifth-rounder.

On offense, left tackle Trent Williams and right guard Brandon Scherff were top-five picks. Right tackle Morgan Moses was a third-rounder, and center Chase Roullier was a sixth-round revelation. Left guard Shawn Lauvao was a decently-priced free-agent signing.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Post-Buccanneers:

Saints: L (Drew Brees against this defense? LOL.)
@Ravens: W (What can I say? They don't scare me.)
Browns: W (Just lost their HC and OC. They're in disarray.)
Denver: W (I can see this going either way, but right now they don't scare me.)
@Chargers: L (West Coast game against a decent Chargers team. Don't like it.)
Raiders: W (No excuse to lose to this.)
@Browns: W (see first game.)
@Pittsburgh: L (Expect the worst, hope for the best.)

I'd say 10-6 or 9-7 sounds about right.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Other than the Saints and Steelers, which should be losses, the rest are toss ups.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote