Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halftime Adjustments
O-Line sucked. Yes, it was mostly Hart, but still OL sucked. Until the 2nd half. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were no sacks or penalties on the OL in the 2nd half.

So, CLEARLY some adjustments were made. Does anybody know what specifically they changed? The OL definitely played better in the 2nd half. Had they played that way in the 1st half, we would be talking about a Bengals win.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Journalistic jargons? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So it's interesting, I am watching back the abbreviated version since they don't have the all 22 up yet but one thing that stands out to me is when they took shots Bosa wasn't on the field. Anything that traveled more than 10 yards down field was either a 6/7 man protection scheme or Bosa wasn't on the field. It is amazing to see the difference when he is on the field and when he isn't. I will say, Bobby Hart won two match ups with Bosa on that final drive (one he held him then Gio chipped him) but he did what he had to do.

In the first half it seemed like Bosa was playing more down then the 2nd half, so as crazy as it sounds the blocking was better but I think it was better for the most part because Bosa wore down and was off the field more.
Reply/Quote
The first half XFS and Fart we're really out of sync. They didn't know who was blocking who. Once Price went in it helped a lot. Some blocking schemes could have been because of XFS and not Fart. We need a new RT like 2 years ago
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:02 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The first half XFS and Fart we're really out of sync. They didn't know who was blocking who. Once Price went in it helped a lot. Some blocking schemes could have been because of XFS and not Fart. We need a new RT like 2 years ago

Hart actually wasn't bad when he was blocking someone not named Joey Bosa or Melvin Ingram. He actually won a few reps against both, the problem was when he lost he lost spectacularly. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: Hart actually wasn't bad when he was blocking someone not named Joey Bosa or Melvin Ingram. He actually won a few reps against both, the problem was when he lost he lost spectacularly. 

I mean, you don’t really need to be Joey Bosa to beat “blocking” like this...

[Image: Eh04RkNXcAssko5?format=jpg&name=medium]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, you don’t really need to be Joey Bosa to beat “blocking” like this...

Yeah man, he was BAD. I tried to watch Jonah all I could, but Hart was getting beat so badly, that I didn't have time to focus on him...lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, you don’t really need to be Joey Bosa to beat “blocking” like this...

Without the time stamp hard to say, but my guess is he beat him outside in not just straight ran by him.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: Without the time stamp hard to say, but my guess is he beat him outside in not just straight ran by him.

I don't think so. I feel if that was the case Bobby would be a little more dramatic in trying to stop him. He looks like he is looking for someone else. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:38 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don't think so. I feel if that was the case Bobby would be a little more dramatic in trying to stop him. He looks like he is looking for someone else. 

Right, the fact he does put out a hand and looks the other side means it was probably Xavier's job to step down. Tough to know without seeing the full play, that is why I asked fora time stamp.

Either way it doesn't change my total evaluation, Hart got wrecked by their good guys (most the time) and played well enough against everyone else. It really is no coincidence our longest throws downfield came when Bosa wasn't on the field (or we were in 7 man protection when he was)
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: O-Line sucked. Yes, it was mostly Hart, but still OL sucked. Until the 2nd half. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were no sacks or penalties on the OL in the 2nd half.

So, CLEARLY some adjustments were made. Does anybody know what specifically they changed? The OL definitely played better in the 2nd half. Had they played that way in the 1st half, we would be talking about a Bengals win.

All I have to say about Hart, the OL and even XFS is that this coaching staff owns the mess 100%. One of their first moves in 2019 was to get Hart signed to an overpaid 3 year deal. Then, the only competition they've given him has been waiver wire cast offs.

We all more or less knew that Hart was going to be a problem this year and one has to figure that the coaches should know that as well. Yet, where's the help? Where's that 2nd round blocking TE? Gio chipping Bosa is better than a foam speed bump, but seriously, he's not going to stop Bosa or even redirect him.

As Dave Thomas had in his commercials, "Where's the beef?"

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Right, the fact he does put out a hand and looks the other side means it was probably Xavier's job to step down. Tough to know without seeing the full play, that is why I asked fora time stamp.

Either way it doesn't change my total evaluation, Hart got wrecked by their good guys (most the time) and played well enough against everyone else. It really is no coincidence our longest throws downfield came when Bosa wasn't on the field (or we were in 7 man protection when he was)

When I saw the replay of the play. it looked to me like Hart was expecting Xavier to pick up Bosa.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: Hart actually wasn't bad when he was blocking someone not named Joey Bosa or Melvin Ingram. He actually won a few reps against both, the problem was when he lost he lost spectacularly. 

Williams handled Ingram like he wasn't even there. That damn Bosa though...that dude has elite speed/strength combination. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: Without the time stamp hard to say, but my guess is he beat him outside in not just straight ran by him.

I think he was expecting XSF to get him. He just put his arm out and looked outside like he was handing him off. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Journalistic jargons? Ninja

Oh Merv, you will never leave us.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 06:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Williams handled Ingram like he wasn't even there. That damn Bosa though...that dude has elite speed/strength combination. 

How often did Bosa line up against Williams and what, if any, was the result? I watched the game but there was a lot of distraction.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 06:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: How often did Bosa line up against Williams and what, if any, was the result? I watched the game but there was a lot of distraction.

He abused Williams the first few snaps before he went and slapped Hart around.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Right, the fact he does put out a hand and looks the other side means it was probably Xavier's job to step down. Tough to know without seeing the full play, that is why I asked fora time stamp.

Trent Green said it right after that he wasn't Hart's man on the play.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He abused Williams the first few snaps before he went and slapped Hart around.

Hmm

Williams first game. Sure he will do better.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: So it's interesting, I am watching back the abbreviated version since they don't have the all 22 up yet but one thing that stands out to me is when they took shots Bosa wasn't on the field. Anything that traveled more than 10 yards down field was either a 6/7 man protection scheme or Bosa wasn't on the field. It is amazing to see the difference when he is on the field and when he isn't. I will say, Bobby Hart won two match ups with Bosa on that final drive (one he held him then Gio chipped him) but he did what he had to do.

In the first half it seemed like Bosa was playing more down then the 2nd half, so as crazy as it sounds the blocking was better but I think it was better for the most part because Bosa wore down and was off the field more.

Football conditioning requires playing, and the lack of a preseason makes them even worse off early on.
Reply/Quote