Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halftime Adjustments
(09-14-2020, 06:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: How often did Bosa line up against Williams and what, if any, was the result? I watched the game but there was a lot of distraction.

I've seen a couple comments about 'beaten like a drum' and 'abused' for the early play. Bosa faced him a few times and Jonah whiffed completely on one block and Burrow kind of stepped up into another pressure. He had some trouble with him in the first half but not nearly what Hart had. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Trent Green said it right after that he wasn't Hart's man on the play.

Watching it again tonight, it looks like it was. Hopkins and XSF were engaged with defenders across from them. Gio was outside Hart and took the outside rusher. Hart stuck his hand out and then went right to engage the same guy Gio did. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, you don’t really need to be Joey Bosa to beat “blocking” like this...

[Image: Eh04RkNXcAssko5?format=jpg&name=medium]

Don’t remind me of that okay please

That play ruined Bobby Hart for me. Offensive lineman blocking NOTHING is just idiotic and i feel like you never see the good ones doing that
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: O-Line sucked. Yes, it was mostly Hart, but still OL sucked. Until the 2nd half. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were no sacks or penalties on the OL in the 2nd half.

So, CLEARLY some adjustments were made. Does anybody know what specifically they changed? The OL definitely played better in the 2nd half. Had they played that way in the 1st half, we would be talking about a Bengals win.
Bosa got tired from all that first half running from being basically unblocked the whole half and need to take breather.

Maybe he also decided he didn't want to end up crippling burrow in his first game being they are friends.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: O-Line sucked. Yes, it was mostly Hart, but still OL sucked. Until the 2nd half. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were no sacks or penalties on the OL in the 2nd half.

So, CLEARLY some adjustments were made. Does anybody know what specifically they changed? The OL definitely played better in the 2nd half. Had they played that way in the 1st half, we would be talking about a Bengals win.

Yes, even Hart was much better in the 2nd half against Bosa which gives me hope.

Plus this was the first game without Preseason games. Just happy we improved as the game went on.
Reply/Quote