Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall and Bengals Still Talking Return
Leon Hall and the Bengals are still talking about a possible return to Cincinnati.

Look, I know he's 31 and past his prime, but I'd love to bring him back because, as old as he is, he'll most likely be on a vet minimum deal, and he'll be in the slot covering receivers or playing safety, so not like he'll be left on an island out wide covering a team's #1 or #2 receiver.

Leon has ball skills and instincts that you just can't teach, so I think he'd be a valuable asset to this team.

So far, the Giants, Falcons and Dolphins have expressed interest in Hall, and none of them appear close to signing the 31-year-old defensive back, so I think the chances of him signing here are very likely, especially because he'll want to get what he's come so close to getting when he started here a decade ago- a playoff win.

There's more in the article, including how it says we paid him so well that the least he can do is sign a friendly contract here.

Being a DB pre-tree, I've always had a love for Hall since we drafted him, so I'd love to see him stay with us so we can get him a playoff win or two!
Reply/Quote
I'd be totally fine with bringing him back on a vet minimum deal. As long as he's not handed the starting slot role just because.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So long as he comes back 100% he could definitely contribute.  FWIW he's been one of the guys who seems to play better in the playoffs so there's that.
Reply/Quote
An unnecessary and sentimental move.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 07:24 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'd be totally fine with bringing him back on a vet minimum deal. As long as he's not handed the starting slot role just because.

100% this. WJ3 and Dennard deserve a fair fight for a significant role. I'm tired of seeing young CBs rot on the bench for 2-3 years.

Love Leon though, and he'd be great depth/insurance...if healthy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Hell, I'd take him over Dre.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Leon's got some ball left in him
Reply/Quote
Would be a great signing given the injury history with DBs. Would be wonderful depth.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I'd take him over Dre.

I wouldn't because I think Dre is developing nicely and has some good football ahead of him, plus Hall can't play forever, and especially not at a high level.  In fact, I think he's shown how he struggles on the outside with better receivers.

I really do think that Dre has some great football in him and I think he's a playmaker, but I just think that the few lapses in judgement or bad plays (i.e. getting caught on double moves) are killing him.

If he can fix the small problems that lead to big plays for the opposition, he could really be a lockdown corner  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'd take him back even use him at safety some
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 10:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wouldn't because I think Dre is developing nicely and has some good football ahead of him, plus Hall can't play forever, and especially not at a high level.  In fact, I think he's shown how he struggles on the outside with better receivers.

I really do think that Dre has some great football in him and I think he's a playmaker, but I just think that the few lapses in judgement or bad plays (i.e. getting caught on double moves) are killing him.

If he can fix the small problems that lead to big plays for the opposition, he could really be a lockdown corner  ThumbsUp

Dre is not developing nicely; he was absolute garbage last year. He may be All-Pro this year but there is nothing to indicate he will be any good. My hope is that Radio or Dennard quickly become our #2
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I realize it might not be the best situation for Hall, but if no one else is going to take him, why not use him as a Chris Crocker 54th man on the roster. Tell him to stay in shape and you'll pick him up if there is an injury.

Reply/Quote
Leon Hall, the new Chris Crocker ?

I'm not opposed to bringing Hall back for depth but I don't think there's gonna be room.
Reply/Quote
I am not sure if we have enough room for him I hate to say it. Chris Crocker v2.0 in the making sounds like lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Sure, sign him. Wouldn't have a problem with it for depth reasons. But don't want him to be a starter. Give me Dennard over him in the slot easily. Hall has taken some steps back, it's been apparent.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
yes

Reply/Quote
As a 5th CB/ Swing Safety it would be worth a look, but I don't want to stunt the young guys growth.
Reply/Quote
This move would be a logical one. It would allow Fejedelem to land on the PS if needed rather than force him to be the final safety on the roster, giving him time to develop.

The starting 10 DBs would then be:
Jones, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Jackson, Hall, Lewis-Harris, Iloka, Williams, Smith, Shaw.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I'd take him over Dre.

There would go are good passing defense right out the window.  Hall isn't a premier cb anymore.
Reply/Quote
While I would love to have Hall back as a backup/slot guy on a vet minimum deal (his knowledge and leadership alone are worth that), placing him on the roster means one less D-back or LBer. I'm not sure that 53rd spot isn't better used somewhere else........
Reply/Quote