Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall of Fame honors Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb
Hall of Fame honors Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/2/23/18237368/cleveland-browns-hall-of-fame-honors-baker-mayfield-nick-chubb

Cleveland Browns rookies Baker Mayfield and Nick Chubb each had a season to remember in 2018.

And the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton now has a display to remind everyone.
On Friday, general manager John Dorsey and head coach Freddie Kitchens visited the hall to present Hall of Fame president David Baker and board chairman of the Board Randy Hunt with a Mayfield jersey and a Chubb jersey.

Mayfield’s jersey and uniform is from his first NFL start, which came against the Oakland Raiders in Week 4. Chubb’s jersey comes from the Week 10 game against the Atlanta Falcons where Chubb broke off a 92-yard touchdown run, the longest in franchise history and second-longest by a rookie in NFL history.

The jerseys and other memorabilia are grouped together in one display:

Chubb finished the season with 996 rushing yard, a franchise record for a rookie, and averaged 5.2 yards per carry while scoring eight rushing touchdowns. Chubb did that despite only having 16 carries through the first six games of the season.

[Image: 159ae635188247c507b8.jpg]

Mayfield threw for a team-record 3,725 yards in 2018, which is also the sixth-best mark by a rookie in NFL history. His 27 touchdown passes broke the rookie record of 26, which had been shared by Peyton Manning (1998 with the Indianapolis Colts) and Russell Wilson (2012 with the Seattle Seahawks).

He also become just the third quarterback in league history to throw at least one touchdown pass in each of his first 10 starts, finishing the season with a touchdown pass in each of the final 13 games and two or more touchdown passes in nine games overall.

Given the way their rookie seasons played out, this may not be the last time that Mayfield or Chubb see their names on display at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 07:33 PM)Vambo Wrote: Hall of Fame honors Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/2/23/18237368/cleveland-browns-hall-of-fame-honors-baker-mayfield-nick-chubb

Cleveland Browns rookies Baker Mayfield and Nick Chubb each had a season to remember in 2018.

And the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton now has a display to remind everyone.
On Friday, general manager John Dorsey and head coach Freddie Kitchens visited the hall to present Hall of Fame president David Baker and board chairman of the Board Randy Hunt with a Mayfield jersey and a Chubb jersey.

Mayfield’s jersey and uniform is from his first NFL start, which came against the Oakland Raiders in Week 4. Chubb’s jersey comes from the Week 10 game against the Atlanta Falcons where Chubb broke off a 92-yard touchdown run, the longest in franchise history and second-longest by a rookie in NFL history.

The jerseys and other memorabilia are grouped together in one display:

Chubb finished the season with 996 rushing yard, a franchise record for a rookie, and averaged 5.2 yards per carry while scoring eight rushing touchdowns. Chubb did that despite only having 16 carries through the first six games of the season.

[Image: 159ae635188247c507b8.jpg]

Mayfield threw for a team-record 3,725 yards in 2018, which is also the sixth-best mark by a rookie in NFL history. His 27 touchdown passes broke the rookie record of 26, which had been shared by Peyton Manning (1998 with the Indianapolis Colts) and Russell Wilson (2012 with the Seattle Seahawks).

He also become just the third quarterback in league history to throw at least one touchdown pass in each of his first 10 starts, finishing the season with a touchdown pass in each of the final 13 games and two or more touchdown passes in nine games overall.

Given the way their rookie seasons played out, this may not be the last time that Mayfield or Chubb see their names on display at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Wake me up when they're inducted.  They putting them in the Who Gives A Shit wing?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 08:36 PM)McC Wrote: Who Gives A Shit wing?

Hilarious LMAO Anthony Muñoz LMAO Hilarious    
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 07:29 PM)Vambo Wrote: Hilarious LMAO Anthony Muñoz LMAO Hilarious    
Right.  The greatest OLineman ever to play the game.  Please stop lobbing softballs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This isn't the smack talk forum so perhaps we can refrain from it devolving into that. Personally as a football fan I'm happy to see the Browns might be relevant again. It gives more value to the AFCN as a whole. It's going to be an interesting 2019 season and I bet very fun to watch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
All this with the backdrop of the squeelers devolving into childish tantrums with their rotten booger becoming the biggest whiny cry baby of them all tossing everyone under the bus.. OH the tragedy of it all!  Cry Cry Cry
Raise your hand if you feel eminently sorry for them as a team as their 3 best known players suddenly decide to collectively hate each other in such a public display of comradery.. So much for their playful peekaboo games, eh? 

Me crying a river of tears.. ---> [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXdcJqSac2VoENWgfedi8...JZ9b1sxYwQ]
That's right.. I'm not actually in the picture.. So sad.. "Sad face, sad face, sad face" \sad faces

Would I be mean to call them sore winners errr...losers ? 
And gee...The Enquirer seems to be having a tough time spelling it all out, huh? https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/03/01/bart-scott-ben-roethlisberger-throws-pittsburgh-steelers-under-bus/3026031002/
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote