Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
Is anyone on the board here Jewish?  

I was thinking about it on the way home.  I'd really like to get their perspective.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(10-11-2023, 06:20 PM)Dill Wrote: No. That is not justifying/supporting Hamas.

Lot's of Israelis and American Jews agree that Netanyahu and his cabinet bear (to borrow your phrase) "the lion's share" of blame for this
debacle. E.g., Former prime minister Ehud Barak and journalist Thomas Friedman.

Are they Hamas supporters too? No, they are not. Neither am I or anyone else on this thread, or the politicians you reference. 

No, this is just a limitation in your ideological framing, which cannot process more than one "cause" when faced with complex social and political phenomena. No different from when you call me an ISIS supporter for not calling them "savages" (because calling other people "savages" is what perpetuates savagery).  Your lack of even the most basic knowledge of the history of the conflict or the current configuration of forces operating in the region, or even interest in gaining it, just fuels these oversimplifications. 

They didn't say they shared the "lions share of the blame".  Those were my words.  The specifically stated that they, "hold the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence."

If I punch you in the face and knock out all of your teeth, but then everyone who saw it said you were responsible, and not me, are they justifying and supporting my actions?  The answer is yes.  You are literally a synonym for disingenuous at this point.  
(10-11-2023, 08:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is anyone on the board here Jewish?  

I was thinking about it on the way home.  I'd really like to get their perspective.

Yeah, me.  You've been getting that perspective the entire thread.

[Image: mind-blown-tim-and-eric.gif]
(10-11-2023, 09:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, me.  You've been getting that perspective the entire thread.

[Image: mind-blown-tim-and-eric.gif]

[Image: weebay-thewire.gif]