Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamilton County approves $10 million in PBS changes
This is in anticipation of being a potential World Cup site in 2026, the changes include $4 million for changing the turf to grass and $6 million for removal of the corner seats to make room for the wider soccer field. There is $2 million in reserve to change the field back to synthetic turf should the team want to change back.

Other changes needed, such as improved WiFi and upgraded luxury boxes, are included in the PBS master plan so didn't need new funding

The World Cup is scheduled for June 2026 so would not interfere with the NFL use.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2022, 05:14 PM)pally Wrote: This is in anticipation of being a potential World Cup site in 2026,  the changes include $4 million for changing the turf to grass and $6 million for removal of the corner seats to make room for the wider soccer field.  There is $2 million in reserve to change the field back to synthetic turf should the team want to change back.

Other changes needed, such as improved WiFi and upgraded luxury boxes, are included in the PBS master plan so didn't need new funding

The World Cup is scheduled for June 2026 so would not interfere with the NFL use.

Would be cool if Cincy could be one of the World Cup hosts.
Also hoping Nashville. New stadium for Nashville SC just got built earlier this year. It's the largest soccer-specific stadium in both the US and Canada now.
https://www.nashvillesc.com/geodispark/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well that is cool. Would be sweet for Cincy to host a World Cup. Nashville too which might be the coolest city in the USA.
Reply/Quote
Not too happy about this allocation of funds.
We couldn't fill a 26,000 seat stadium in Cincinnati for a US mens national team match yesterday. One day before all of sudden I owe my part of a $10,000,000 bill.
It was an exhibition. But still.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/06/02/us-soccer-star-christian-pulisic-frustrated-by-lack-americans-tql-stadium/

And all of this just to be considered as a potential site.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2022, 06:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Not too happy about this allocation of funds.
We couldn't fill a 26,000 seat stadium in Cincinnati for a US mens national team match yesterday. One day before all of sudden I owe my part of a $10,000,000 bill.
It was an exhibition. But still.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/06/02/us-soccer-star-christian-pulisic-frustrated-by-lack-americans-tql-stadium/

And all of this just to be considered as a potential site.

Would you feel the same way if the Bengals had a soccer team and Burrow was the captain? Ok, that's just my stupid attempt and miss of being funny. Seriously tho, how much of that part would fall on you, just curious. $100yr? $50yr? I'm just talking about this portion of your taxes to cover these costs.

Reply/Quote
Why is the county always forking up the dough? Maybe the World Cup should pay for it. I live in Hamilton County and getting tired of taxes.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2022, 07:48 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Why is the county always forking up the dough? Maybe the World Cup should pay for it. I live in Hamilton County and getting tired of taxes.

Why in the world would they do that? Hosting the World Cup would bring in up to half a billion dollars (and several thousand jobs) to the city. There’s a reason all the potential cities vie against each other so much to get this.

Reply/Quote
I love it because we're finally bringing the team, the stadium, and the fans into the 21st century!

I also love the natural grass because natural grass causes less injuries and we have HORRIBLE luck with injuries.

The World Cup here would be pretty sweet but I don't see it happening because Cincinnati, while I love it here and it is building up, just doesn't seem to have the flash or things to do that you'd want in a World Cup site.

Be interesting to see if they include something for sports betting if they think Cincinnati will get it.
Reply/Quote
I get why Hamilton County wants to do it, but the grass fields at PBS were a disaster. I would hope that they could get it switched back to turf before the football season starts.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2022, 08:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why in the world would they do that? Hosting the World Cup would bring in up to half a billion dollars (and several thousand jobs) to the city. There’s a reason all the potential cities vie against each other so much to get this.

This is the argument for hosting the Olympics, but from what I’ve read and heard reported the economic impact isn’t as positive as expected. I have no info on economic impact of the World Cup, but I wonder if it is better or worse than the Olympics?
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 12:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is the argument for hosting the Olympics, but from what I’ve read and heard reported the economic impact isn’t as positive as expected. I have no info on economic impact of the World Cup, but I wonder if it is better or worse than the Olympics?

The problem I see is the control Fila will have on the $$.. all ticket sales, advertisement i have read goes to them.. and i believe max of two games... seems like 10 million is a steep cost to overcome
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 02:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The problem I see is the control Fila will have on the $$.. all ticket sales, advertisement i have read goes to them.. and i believe max of two games... seems like 10 million is a steep cost to overcome

Not really, compared to the estimated net of anywhere from 90-400M per host city. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I like the move to turf from a team injury perspective.
Reply/Quote
It seems like a lot of money's just to change turf. Oh my goodness.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 09:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It seems like a lot of money's just to change turf. Oh my goodness.

They also have to remove a bunch of seats in the corners.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They also have to remove a bunch of seats in the corners.

I don't get this.  Will they be permanently removed?  Is the stadium capacity significantly diminished?  
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 10:55 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't get this.  Will they be permanently removed?  Is the stadium capacity significantly diminished?  

They would have to be put back. Which is part of why it’s so expensive.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2022, 02:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They would have to be put back. Which is part of why it’s so expensive.

I assumed so, but wasn't sure.  I can't imagine they'd boot the expensive season ticket holders down there for 2 soccer games.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati wasn't chosen to host 2026 World Cup games. So no worry about changing the turf and removing the seats i guess.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 10:38 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Cincinnati wasn't chosen to host 2026 World Cup games.   So no worry about changing the turf and removing the seats i guess.

PBS could still benefit from $10 mill worth of upgrades lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote