Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals
That 2.6 mil is probably a drop in thr bucket compared to what the county makes off the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 12:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: ***** pay that guy in pennies.

This! Give Mikey dirty old pennies that have been festering up Cranley's ass for at least a month. "DILLY" "DILLY"
Reply/Quote
It's all fun and games, until Pacman and his crew show up to shakedown these county folks. You guys really think Mike Brown keeps these guys around as reclamation projects?... They're his muscle son!!!!

**** you. Pay me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
For the county it is Chump Change!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
It's obviously a statement.

Reply/Quote
It makes sense.

Stadium deals are supposed to benefit cities by bringing in tourism. New money for local business. When a team plays bad and isn't attracting tourists, there's not much benefit for the businesses or the city.
Reply/Quote
Could it be argued that the Bengals failed to bring the economic development it promised?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 03:05 AM)Trademark Wrote: CINCINNATI -- County leaders might skip a $2.67 million payment to the Cincinnati Bengals.

Hamilton County taxpayers are expected to pick up some of the tab for this season's football game-day expenses at Paul Brown Stadium. The bill is due early next year.

The team’s 26-year stadium lease calls for county taxpayers to pay for game clean up and security at the stadium during the final nine years of the deal. The Bengals are supposed to start collecting that payment in early next year, to cover the current season.

But Hamilton County Commission President Todd Portune told WCPO he has no plans of writing that check to the NFL team.

When asked if the Bengals are aware the county intends to ignore the request for payments, Portune said: “I think they know it’s coming.”

http://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/hamilton-county-might-ignore-267m-stadium-payment-to-bengals
Talking about wasting money.. the County is going to waste how much in court costs to find out what most have already figured out.. you signed a contract on your own free will... and you will have to live by the terms of the agreement.. this Commission the last few weeks has been a joke
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 04:09 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Lol oh god ,mikes going to be furious

Yep. Now we'll only have 2M in cap space for free agents. That's how little Mikey thinks.

He'll give it to Bodine. LMAO

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 06:22 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Could it be argued that the Bengals failed to bring the economic development it promised?

I really doubt the Bengals put specific numbers down, that they could be held accountable for. If they did, they’re idiots.

That stadium deal was a joke, and the County has only themselves to blame for it.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't bet that the county has learned one damned thing about these kinds of sweetheart stadium deals and when it finally expires I wouldn't be shocked to see another similar deal signed because the Bengals and the league would probably dump millions into getting their men or women elected to office for the next deal.. Failing to get them elected the team will simply threaten to move to another dumbass city willing to pony up whatever they ask for..
Who knows..maybe da browns would elect to move to Cincinnati and take over Paul BROWN stadium and of course sell off the naming rights..  I'm sure Cleveland fans would be thrilled to lose yet another team in the middle of the night.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 02:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: I wouldn't bet that the county has learned one damned thing about these kinds of sweetheart stadium deals and when it finally expires I wouldn't be shocked to see another similar deal signed because the Bengals and the league would probably dump millions into getting their men or women elected to office for the next deal.. Failing to get them elected the team will simply threaten to move to another dumbass city willing to pony up whatever they ask for..
Who knows..maybe da browns would elect to move to Cincinnati and take over Paul BROWN stadium and of course sell off the naming rights..  I'm sure Cleveland fans would be thrilled to lose yet another team in the middle of the night.. 

Only Baltimore has had that happen.

Model hinted at relocation prior to making the announcement that '95 would be the final season in Cleveland.  The announcement was made with 7 games still to play that season.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 01:17 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Yeah! Pay him in penises.

Where are we going to get that many penises?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:26 PM)Gwerian Wrote: Where are we going to get that many penises?

Pittsburgh - because they are all a bunch of dicks.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 04:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The Bengals need to move to AZ and NOT PHOENIX. I will endorse it. Sell Mike Brown! It'll make my dream come true

their isn't ANY cities that have ANY brains that would allow this bastard to move in!!!

Reply/Quote