Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamilton County residents.... how mad are you?
I live in Louisville, so I have no standing. If I lived in Hamilton County, I would be burning up the phone to the Mayor and City Solicitor's office demanding they file suit for lost revenue against the NFL. The league had a set of rules in place for this very scenario and chose not to follow them. Since the stadium is taxpayer funded, if you are a taxpayer in Cincinnati you have standing and damages. The loss of a playoff game will cost the city huge amounts of money. They say for a Super Bowl it brings in to the host city 30-150 million dollars. I would think for a playoff game it would be slightly less, but not much and for the AFFCG it's probably pretty close. I'm sure they know exact figures somewhere. If the NFL is going to screw over the Bengals, then the City of Cincinnati needs to screw over the league by filing suit and seeking an injunction to stop the games until a hearing in court. And if the city doesn't do it, then enough taxpayers need to just get together and file a class action.
Reply/Quote
They'd need to miss out on a home playoff game first.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They'd need to miss out on a home playoff game first.

They’re potentially missing out on 2-3
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:39 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: They’re potentially missing out on 2-3

Potential doesn't get you a lawsuit.  You have to suffer damages.  Injunction?  Probably not that either.  They belong to an organization, and the organization decided this.  We need Fred back to give us a lawyer's perspective.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:39 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: They’re potentially missing out on 2-3

Exactly, and that's what the injunction would be for. 
Reply/Quote
I hope this team F* everyone in the ass on the way to the Super Bowl. This is not right. This is not right.

I'm in the northeast, so pardon my accent.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Potential doesn't get you a lawsuit.  You have to suffer damages.  Injunction?  Probably not that either.  They belong to an organization, and the organization decided this.  We need Fred back to give us a lawyer's perspective.

If it were a privately owned stadium, you would be correct. But Paycor is taxpayer funded, is it not? That means the taxpayers are suffering damages. It may not work out in the end, but it would sure be a pain in Goodell's arse.
Reply/Quote
How about the Bengals just go out and beat the Ravens this weekend, and show that they deserve to be the rightful division Champions? Maybe then we can get on to pissing and moaning about 'what could of, or should have been'?

I mean, there weren't any scenarios where the Bengals got the #1 seed without KC losing a game. Does anyone really think that the Raiders have any legit shot at beating the Chumps, particularly when the #1 seed is on the line?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How about the Bengals just go out and beat the Ravens this weekend, and show that they deserve to be the rightful division Champions? Maybe then we can get on to pissing and moaning about 'what could of, or should have been'?

I mean, there weren't any scenarios where the Bengals got the #1 seed without KC losing a game. Does anyone really think that the Raiders have any legit shot at beating the Chumps, particularly when the #1 seed is on the line?

Yes. Divisional road games are never easy.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How about the Bengals just go out and beat the Ravens this weekend, and show that they deserve to be the rightful division Champions?  Maybe then we can get on to pissing and moaning about 'what could of, or should have been'?  

I mean, there weren't any scenarios where the Bengals got the #1 seed without KC losing a game.  Does anyone really think that the Raiders have any legit shot at beating the Chumps, particularly when the #1 seed is on the line?

Well since the Texans and the Broncos both almost beat KC, I'd say LV has a chance. Patty is turning the ball over a lot this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How about the Bengals just go out and beat the Ravens this weekend, and show that they deserve to be the rightful division Champions? Maybe then we can get on to pissing and moaning about 'what could of, or should have been'?

Actually being the 2 seed would’ve given the bengals more chances at home playoff games.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How about the Bengals just go out and beat the Ravens this weekend, and show that they deserve to be the rightful division Champions?  Maybe then we can get on to pissing and moaning about 'what could of, or should have been'?  

I mean, there weren't any scenarios where the Bengals got the #1 seed without KC losing a game.  Does anyone really think that the Raiders have any legit shot at beating the Chumps, particularly when the #1 seed is on the line?

The Raiders who just took the 49ers to OT?
Reply/Quote
Was someone cutting onions in this thread?

Seriously, this much crying it's like an episode of some lame ass real house wives show.

A guy was on the field, with no heartbeat...it has happened one other time in NFL history.

This was not normal times. Most importantly, none of the players seem outraged. So why are any of you?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Was someone cutting onions in this thread?

Seriously, this much crying it's like an episode of some lame ass real house wives show.

A guy was on the field, with no heartbeat...it has happened one other time in NFL history.

This was not normal times. Most importantly, no one from the Bengals organization is outraged. So why are any of you?

Wait, wuh?  You sure there is no outrage from Bengals org bro?

They should have finished the damn game.  Talk about crying.  He was not dead when he left the field. Suck it up and do your job like a man.  Talk about onions.  3 days later and he is already doing fantastic.  Tube out, face timing, no brain damage, etc.  
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Wait, wuh?  You sure there is no outrage from Bengals org bro?

They should have finished the damn game.  Talk about crying.  He was not dead when he left the field.  Suck it up and do your job like a man.  Talk about onions.  3 days later and he is already doing fantastic.  Tube out, face timing, no brain damage, etc.  

No one from the Bengals organization was upset about the game not being played.

Hell Reader said he might not even play Sunday at one point due to how much it impacted him.

The outrage from the Bengals organization is about the Ravens game outcome, the enitre win or you have a coin flip for home field kind of thing which is actually dumb but can be avoided by simply winning a game Sunday.

So having a home playoff game is actually still very much in the Bengals control... win and you have a home playoff game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Was someone cutting onions in this thread?

This was not normal times. Most importantly, none of the players seem outraged. So why are any of you?

You probably could have sold this Monday night, but now it’s Friday and nobody likes a horse f’n after the week we’ve had. The NFL had 3 days to solve this, yet they come up with this bullshit. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You probably could have sold this Monday night, but now it’s Friday and nobody likes a horse f’n after the week we’ve had. The NFL had 3 days to solve this, yet they come up with this bullshit. 

[Image: acd7e42e4e57a4679f298c412744e06e.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I noticed you updated your post from "no one in the Bengals organization is outraged" to "none of the players seem outraged."

You seem out of the loop. Probably when you realized Katie Blackburn was outraged and Zac Taylor was outraged you updated your post, without noting that major change. And yet still you are wrong. Mixon publicly expressed outrage.  I've heard reports many of the Bengals are outraged. So now maybe you can update this "no one on ESPN is outraged."

And it was never about one playoff game. It was about arbitrarily changing the rules right before the weekend. It is also about setting conflicting rules with the Bengals on the short end of the stick. The league tells the Bengals they have to flip a coin with the Ravens for the home field if they end up only 1/2 game ahead, because the Bengals might have lost the Bengals-Bills game Then they tell the Bengals they have to go to Arrowhead if they are a half-game behind, with the Chiefs in 2nd and the Bengals in third (the second weekend of playoffs), ignoring the possibility the Bengals could have won the Bengals-Bills game. The same situation (1/2 game difference, unequal number of games played) but one rule to benefit the Ravens and one to benefit the Chiefs. Probably because they don't want the Chiefs to risk losing home field to the Bengals. They did this despite the Chiefs and Ravens both having 8 home games and the Bengals only 7.

Many of the issues resolve themselves if the Chiefs win today and the Bengals win on Sunday. But that would not change the way the league treated the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote

Your missing the point.  The NFL changed the rules creating a situation that is not fair and equitable.  They didn't follow the rules they have in place.

I'm not outraged but miffed how they can do this with at least providing a neutral field for any Bills/Bengals game.  They took away the ability for the Bengals to achieve the #2 seed without a Buffalo loss.  Similarly, they did the same to the Bills, took away their ability to achieve a #1 seed without a KC loss.  The difference being if those 2 teams play it will be done on a neutral site.  Not the same for Cincy v. Bills, it will be in Buffalo.

Do you consider this fair?  Separate yourself from the Monday night event and look at it objectively.  What would they have done if the event happened in the playoffs?
Reply/Quote

So, for the sake of everyone's sanity here, we should just hope the Chiefs win?  

[Image: raw]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote