Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand gun
(02-10-2019, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: I have my grandpa's 1911. Wouldn't trade it for the world. I don't carry it all the time, but I have, and never had any problem with it's weight or bulk.

Fun fact.... I let it make a lil noise at about 3 in the morning this past summer. Some tweaker was trying to steal my neighbor's downspouts. It was funnier than hell watching that douchebag run back to his truck.

Hilarious Who the hell steals downspouts?? Where they made of copper or something??? LMAO  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ernest T. Bass approves this message.

[Image: if-you-say-good-morning-i-aint-gonna-thr...at-you.jpg]

[Image: ETB-4-PRESIDENT.jpg]

My favorite Andy Griffith character!
Reply/Quote
well I cant recommend what gun you would want I have a glock 17 gen 5... its a pretty nice hand gun. might get a slightly smaller one if I get my conceal carry permit.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:40 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Hilarious Who the hell steals downspouts?? Where they made of copper or something??? LMAO  

Aluminum... He had a whole trailer full of them. It was pitch black outside, and I just happened to be leaning out of my bedroom window smoking a cigarette... He pulled up, and got out. He was tying his shoe for an outrageous amount of time... Probably looking around. Then he went over, and started to try to pull a downspout off. I knew the cops would take about 20 minutes if they hurried... So I just handled it. It really was a shame nobody else was around to witness it... It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The problem i have with handguns and guns in general in the hands of the wrong people is that mistakes are really tough to undo. Prisons are full of people who simply made mistakes shooting someone they thought were there to rob them or just steal an inexpensive item.. What may seem to be justifiable killing may just turn out to be a murder 1 rap. 
I'm not totally against guns. They have their uses, but protecting easily replaceable items via outright murder?  There have been cases of people getting killed for less than walking on someone's lawn. No, I'm not the grumpy lawn owner willing to murder someone for walking on my grass.. They would have to at least pick one of my prized flowers to get killed over..  Nervous
Seriously though, I really don't own anything worth killing someone over. It would have to be a matter of life and death before I'd even consider shooting someone. I lead a pretty rough life as a younger man, hitch hiking coast to coast multiple times, hanging out in real rowdy bars, dope houses and so on without guns in my life, but for me personally my strongest objection to ME having a gun handy is that I've been known to have suicidal tendencies. I would have shot myself on several occasions if I had one which is why I simply don't. How others feel is entirely up to them. I'm not a law maker and don't pretend to be one. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You'd fit well up here, Gramps.

Seriously, I don't have a dog in this fight and don't want to turn it political, but just reading this thread, it is SCARY how many handguns are around in the States.

I know, the chances of getting fragged are still not great, but I thank God I don't live in the USA lol.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 03:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You'd fit well up here, Gramps.

Seriously, I don't have a dog in this fight and don't want to turn it political, but just reading this thread, it is SCARY how many handguns are around in the States.

I know, the chances of getting fragged are still not great, but I thank God I don't live in the USA lol.

We wouldn't need hand guns, if they only allowed hand grenades! Guy with the best arm and aim, wins!
Reply/Quote
I carry an M&P 2.0 in 9mm. It holds 17+1. It's a little bigger than most would like for CC but i'm not a little guy so it doesn't bother me, especially after i found the right holster. I can carry it all day and not even think about it. I prefer a higher capacity because i'm not going to take the chance of being stuck in a mall or restaurant somewhere and only have about 8 rounds to throw at someone. While i'm at work (always) and even when i'm not (sometimes), i'll carry an extra mag in my pocket. 

You know what they say...better to have and not need than need and not have. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
You know.. I guess the unasked question is when was the last time you found yourself needing to actually kill someone? Sure, there's always that part of WHAT IF? What IF I did need to kill someone, but the last time I really might have had the need was when a bunch of guys broke into my folks house to steal everything they could lay their hands on. I could have shot them IF I had a gun, but when they broke in I was sound asleep laying in bed, unarmed in my underwear. If I had been armed I probably would have been killed since I wasn't awake enough to actually do anything other than say, "Can I at least get dressed?" 
Think about possible scenarios. Suppose someone breaks in while you're in the shower. Do you keep your guns in the shower with you? I'm guessing no. There's a LOT of possible scenarios, sure, but the truth is most would be robbers are already on high alert when they break in while most residents at home are not.
Just walking down the street most of us are not particularly alert enough to be on the ready for someone who might sneak up to knock you in the head from behind and if armed the odds of suddenly regaining your faculties fast enough to take aim and hit a would be assailant are slim to none at all. Your adrenaline is going to suddenly spike rendering your thought process pretty useless...  The truth is you're probably better off just letting them have whatever they want rather than trying to duke it out on the street with someone fully ready to commit armed robbery. Chances are they've already gotten the drop on you with a very good chance this would be assailant might just take your gun from you and indeed use it on you..
What I'm saying is that people who do rob others out on the street already have their senses tuned in to getting the drop on you. They've already cased you out, selected you as their victim and are likely much more prepared than you are to do battle. 
Try thinking of yourself as a would be assailant. You would very likely be thinking of your victims weaknesses and not looking for a guy armed to the teeth so the odds that any would be assailant picking on you are slim to none. That said, being armed guarantees you absolutely nothing other than being armed. You can always think nobody would dare pick on a guy or gal with a gun, but then again you're already a potential target to have your gun(s) stolen from you.. Nobody is going to come up on you, ask if you're armed then just walk away. They're going to wait until you're at your most vulnerable.. 
I don't know.. I've been in a lot of vulnerable situations in my life with my only weapon being either a rock, a knife or my hands. I survived them all. The last thing I want to read about is one of you getting rolled, having your gun taken from you then used on you. If you have to carry a gun or any weapon at all stay fully alert at all times and definitely don't stop off to get drunk along the way.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote