Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Tuesday
(03-01-2016, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Plus he has been a successful Governor for a massive swing state.

I originally predicted Kasich would win the nomination.  

Ohio is the only state he has a chance in hell of winning. 

After today, watch Kasich bow out and then be nominated by Trump for his VP. I honestly think he is sticking around to help Trump.

Nail in coffin. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(03-01-2016, 06:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Ohio is the only state he has a chance in hell of winning. 

After today, watch Kasich bow out and then be nominated by Trump for his VP. I honestly think he is sticking around to help Trump.

Nail in coffin. 

Pretty sure Christe is going for the Trump VP
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Front row seats to see the death of the republican party.

[Image: 566939e4d16f26f06f1b648b74270c264240bb66...b3976c.jpg]

Popcorn
So Trump is leading here in Virginia, but it's a tight race between him and Rubio.

Interesting part of this to me, the city I live in was a reverse of the state on the Dem side. 66% for Bernie.
(03-01-2016, 02:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I asked the German embassy on Twitter if they would accept US citizens as refugees if that were the case. No response as of yet.

British Columbia for me. Vancouver or Victoria. I will live in a Trump-free zone, one way or another.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(03-01-2016, 09:02 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: Front row seats to see the death of the republican party.

[Image: 566939e4d16f26f06f1b648b74270c264240bb66...b3976c.jpg]

Popcorn

Actually it will be the rise of it.  Trump will lose, and the Dems will have Hillary representing them for the whole nation to see.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-02-2016, 10:08 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Actually it will be the rise of it.  Trump will lose, and the Dems will have Hillary representing them for the whole nation to see.

In 2000 I had a discussion with a rabid right wing employee we had at the time and I explained to him that a democrat winning would be the BEST thing for the GOP because we were due for a downturn and Hillary or Kerry taking the blame for it would be set the Republicans up for decades in the house and senate AND the POTUS.

You are probably right about the next president just setting things up for the other party.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-02-2016, 10:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: In 2000 I had a discussion with a rabid right wing employee we had at the time and I explained to him that a democrat winning would be the BEST thing for the GOP because we were due for a downturn and Hillary or Kerry taking the blame for it would be set the Republicans up for decades in the house and senate AND the POTUS.

You are probably right about the next president just setting things up for the other party.

I can't vote for Hillary.  Just can't, but if it's her and Trump I'm rooting for Hillary.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-02-2016, 11:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't vote for Hillary.  Just can't, but if it's her and Trump I'm rooting for Hillary.  

Does that mean you just won't vote then?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-02-2016, 11:22 AM)GMDino Wrote: Does that mean you just won't vote then?

Nah I'll pick some third party.  Probably Libertarian.  Maybe this will lead to a boost for them.

(03-02-2016, 10:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: In 2000 I had a discussion with a rabid right wing employee we had at the time and I explained to him that a democrat winning would be the BEST thing for the GOP because we were due for a downturn and Hillary or Kerry taking the blame for it would be set the Republicans up for decades in the house and senate AND the POTUS.

I'm really feeling who ever wins is going to be a 1 term president. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(03-01-2016, 06:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Ohio is the only state he has a chance in hell of winning. 

Nail in coffin. 

I still think he would be valuable to any candidate as a VP.

He is a "Washington outsider", and he could deliver a big swing state.
(03-02-2016, 11:24 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm really feeling who ever wins is going to be a 1 term president. 

Fed has been warning that they are going to tighten credit.  Unless the shit hits the fan with the market they will do it in the next year or two.  That is going to slow things down unless other adjustments are made.

But I don't see any President getting elected and really making tax reform, trade deals, or reducing the military his number one priority.  Instead he will make a big deal out of the "ISIS threat/crisis", and call a few minor tweaks to the ACA "sweeping reform".

Meanwhile we keep spending ourselves over a cliff and all the gains in the economy go to a few at the very top.
I don't know about economic gains. I've read some articles that global economists are seeing indicators of another recession looming.
(03-02-2016, 11:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't vote for Hillary.  Just can't, but if it's her and Trump I'm rooting for Hillary.  

If it comes to Hillary vs. Trump that's like asking me which STD I want, gonorrhea or chlamydia.  I don't want either.  I'm not particularly fond of Hillary.  I have no idea what Trump believes because everything he supports now he was opposed to in 2008 and vice versa.
(03-02-2016, 02:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know about economic gains. I've read some articles that global economists are seeing indicators of another recession looming.

Yep.  Debt bubble bursting in China is being felt around the world.  

Plus it is just time for another one.  No one really understands how to control the economy.  It has been going up and down throughout history.  We have never been able to stay ahead of it.