Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hang in there...better days ahead! (according to ZT)
There are several teams tanking this year who need QB. I know many support Dalton and some including myself want them to take Thomas or O-Line in next draft. I think they will need to pull the trigger on QB first round next draft. They should trade as many vets for draft picks they can.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:14 PM)BengalChris Wrote: What exactly is suppose to "flip"?

Is Andre going to "flip" into being anything more than an over-the-hill OT?

Is Hart suppose to "flip" into a golden RT?

Are the LBers going to "flip" into tackling?

Well Dunlap did a nifty little somersault out of a tackle so that might be the kind of "flips" he's talking about.  Style points y'all!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Moral victories are now going into stats!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
In all honesty a properly run franchise would be starting the fire sale now. Get the best picks you can for anyone you can move so you have a hoard of picks for the draft. They are not going to get better with this roster and to get what they need either means massive Free Agent expenditures or having multiple picks in each of the first three rounds.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There are several teams tanking this year who need QB.  I know many support Dalton and some including myself want them to take Thomas or O-Line in next draft.  I think they will need to pull the trigger on QB first round next draft.  They should trade as many vets for draft picks they can.

They will draft a QB early in next year's draft but does it have to be with it's first pick?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They will draft a QB early in next year's draft but does it have to be with it's first pick?

I think so.  I am looking at teams that are tanking this year...Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Skins... most will need a QB...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There are several teams tanking this year who need QB.  I know many support Dalton and some including myself want them to take Thomas or O-Line in next draft.  I think they will need to pull the trigger on QB first round next draft.  They should trade as many vets for draft picks they can.

Our o-line is bad, but if it is truly so bad that we aren't even a real NFL team then we should take our probably top #3 pick and if there isn't the next Munoz in the draft, trade down and use every damn pick on o-line.  Just use it all because the line is so bad that apparently Tom Brady would look like a drunken Nathan Peterman behind it.

We have no room to pick or trade or do anything that doesn't lead to a total re-do on everything and everyone o-line.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Our o-line is bad, but if it is truly so bad that we aren't even a real NFL team then we should take our probably top #3 pick and if there isn't the next Munoz in the draft, trade down and use every damn pick on o-line.  Just use it all because the line is so bad that apparently Tom Brady would look like a drunken Nathan Peterman behind it.

We have no room to pick or trade or do anything that doesn't lead to a total re-do on everything and everyone o-line.

I hear Thomas is the real deal and he could go #1 in draft.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hear Thomas is the real deal and he could go #1 in draft.

Then we might nneed to beat Washington to him.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Then we might nneed to beat Washington to him.

I know this is going to sound bad but if the Bengals win 3-4 games, it could take them out of the top 6 of draft.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know this is going to sound bad but if the Bengals win 3-4 games, it could take them out of the top 6 of draft.  

0 or 1 wins would be a stain that never goes away.

Honestly, we're not 1 draft pick away from contending. We're 6-7 quality starters and possibly 3-4 coaches away from competing.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think so.  I am looking at teams that are tanking this year...Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Skins... most will need a QB...

Jets & Skins have young QBs probably won't draft one; Also it seems like a deep year for QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 0 or 1 wins would be a stain that never goes away.

Honestly, we're not 1 draft pick away from contending. We're 6-7 quality starters and possibly 3-4 coaches away from competing.

This looks like a team that will be picking high in the draft the next 2-3 years.  They need that franchise QB...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I think better days are ahead. This is year 1 of 17.

We should be sniffing .500 around 2034

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Green and Atkins need to be traded to the highest bidder, possibly Dunlap. That would show me they are thinking of the future and not trying to keep polishing this turd.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They will draft a QB early in next year's draft but does it have to be with it's first pick?

Picking quarterback after quarterback early in the draft sunk the Bengals in the 1990s. I fear repeating that pattern because there are so many glaring needs on this team which need to be addressed first. After seeing the Steelers two weeks in a row I’m convinced anyone could operate behind that Pittsburgh offensive line. I hate their guts but their run and pass blocking is among the best in the league and it’s why the Steelers will finish 8-8 at worst. It’s the same thing in New England. Tom Brady doesn’t get touched and he has ample time to go through his progressions. You could put anyone behind their line and they would be successful — maybe not Brady successful — but a consistent winner.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 11:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Picking quarterback after quarterback early in the draft sunk the Bengals in the 1990s.  I fear repeating that pattern because there are so many glaring needs on this team which need to be addressed first.

In all fairness, I'd imagine between Palmer and Dalton being our only QBs for 16 years there could be other teams out there saying "Don't be afraid to draft a QB now and then...look at the Bengals, they've drafted 2 in almost 20 years and they've got nothing to show for it."

We've had QB stability since 2003 and we never managed to parlay that luxury into addressing all the other issues.

Not saying we should draft a QB high, just saying that I'm not particularly concerned about us doing it, either.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 11:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've had QB stability since 2003 and we never managed to parlay that luxury into addressing all the other issues.

You are absolutely right, and this is where Mike Brown’s thinking gets muddled. Remember, he was a quarterback himself at Dartmouth. Because of this, he tends to look at that position exclusively and ignores the others. I’ve heard Mike Brown say in many interviews that he thinks quarterback is the most important position on the team — and he’s right — and if you get a good one everything else should automatically fall into place which is wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 11:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You are absolutely right, and this is where Mike Brown’s thinking gets muddled. Remember, he was a quarterback himself at Dartmouth. Because of this, he tends to look at that position exclusively and ignores the others. I’ve heard Mike Brown say in many interviews that he thinks quarterback is the most important position on the team — and he’s right — and if you get a good one everything else should automatically fall into place which is wrong.

He was probably a QB during the era where the forward pass was illegal, though.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:38 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Usually I choose to believe everything Marisa Contipelli says but not this time.  I think Zac Taylor is in denial about how awful the Bengals are.  Andy Dalton reminds me of Manning — Archie, not Peyton or Eli — because if he played anywhere but the Saints he would have been legendary.

Solid assessment.  Sadly, we will likely never see it except for a couple years where he had a decent (not Cowboy or even Raider-like) offensive line and rushing attack.  

The worst part of the team right now is the defense.  You see playmakers out there, but when the play is moved back in a different direction, an assignment is blown and the play gets an easy 10 yards.  I guess looking back it wasn't realistic to have any expectations of success when our game plan was "we are getting some guys back healthy" when those guys are camp monsters that rarely have a big impact during regular season games. 

The defense looks so inept that it has to impact the entire team.  I doubt Anarumo lasts long.  He will be the fall guy.  They should spend almost every draft pick on the defensive side of the ball.  The offense would be fine if Sample pans out (and why isn't he playing?) and they get Green and Ross back.  I know everyone is still harping on the offensive line, but it is the entirety of the lack of weapons on offense and injuries at the offensive line that has killed them this year.  Virtually every team is doing what Seattle did:  take away the run and make them pass.  But many of these teams have a better secondary than the Seahawks.  The Bengals have little threats in the WR corps that generate quick separation (especially with  the threat of Ross gone).  

The defense needs help at LB, S, CB, and Defensive line.  The offense really needs their weapons back healthy and a year of Jordan, Hopkins, and hopefully Price playing together in the middle of the line and Jonah Williams to be a rock at LT.  Hart is actually doing pretty well at RT, even though no one here will admit it.  

Defense, defense, defense, and a stud Guard to play RG.  That would be my dream draft next year.  Oh, and while I am dreaming, a better defensive coordinator and at least one FA LB.  
Reply/Quote