Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hang in there...better days ahead! (according to ZT)
For some reason when he says hang in there I picture myself hanging in the gallows somewhere. Rooting for this team is absolute purgatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We're not getting it done because we have one of the bottom 3 offensive lines in the league and the bottom 3 LBer groups.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's why people should be a bit annoyed.  Coming into this year we weren't thinking so much about the growing pains of a young HC and his new roster, we were sold a win-now mentality and people (me included) bought into the whole notion that there is no way this team could win less than the 6 games we won last year.

We didn't come into this season looking for encouraging signs over W's, we expected the fact that we couldn't mess with our winning roster to mean that they had talent.  

I honestly think the FO and the Browns legitimately thought all they needed to do was bring in a new head coach and this thing could be turned around from what they were the past few seasons. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Yeah he's a terrible coach. I mean we were sooo good last year, and we got better at every position from last year....

Look, no one is happy. This sucks, but let's not pretend we didn't go 1-5 in Andy's last 6 starts last year. Some of those with AJ Green. can anyone name one position we got significantly better at this year? 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:32 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah he's a terrible coach. I mean we were sooo good last year, and we got better at every position from last year....

Look, no one is happy. This sucks, but let's not pretend we didn't go 1-5 in Andy's last 6 starts last year. Some of those with AJ Green. can anyone name one position we got significantly better at this year? 

Draft position.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:41 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Draft position.

REP....love it. Lol 
Reply/Quote
When we get rid of andy dalton for draft pick(s) I will believe.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 08:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Solid assessment.  Sadly, we will likely never see it except for a couple years where he had a decent (not Cowboy or even Raider-like) offensive line and rushing attack.  

The worst part of the team right now is the defense.  You see playmakers out there, but when the play is moved back in a different direction, an assignment is blown and the play gets an easy 10 yards.  I guess looking back it wasn't realistic to have any expectations of success when our game plan was "we are getting some guys back healthy" when those guys are camp monsters that rarely have a big impact during regular season games. 

The defense looks so inept that it has to impact the entire team.  I doubt Anarumo lasts long.  He will be the fall guy.  They should spend almost every draft pick on the defensive side of the ball.  The offense would be fine if Sample pans out (and why isn't he playing?) and they get Green and Ross back.  I know everyone is still harping on the offensive line, but it is the entirety of the lack of weapons on offense and injuries at the offensive line that has killed them this year.  Virtually every team is doing what Seattle did:  take away the run and make them pass.  But many of these teams have a better secondary than the Seahawks.  The Bengals have little threats in the WR corps that generate quick separation (especially with  the threat of Ross gone).  

The defense needs help at LB, S, CB, and Defensive line.  The offense really needs their weapons back healthy and a year of Jordan, Hopkins, and hopefully Price playing together in the middle of the line and Jonah Williams to be a rock at LT.  Hart is actually doing pretty well at RT, even though no one here will admit it.  

Defense, defense, defense, and a stud Guard to play RG.  That would be my dream draft next year.  Oh, and while I am dreaming, a better defensive coordinator and at least one FA LB.  

We could draft the right positions in the draft, but most of those guys don't contribute in Year 1...or are bad if they do.

Look, guys like MJ that we drafted are absolutely terrible. Pratt - No impact. I see him 10 yards down field on runs getting blocked.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:32 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah he's a terrible coach. I mean we were sooo good last year, and we got better at every position from last year....

I agree. It's not all on Taylor. But, he's not a good HC either.

It's interesting that the board defense of a coach is how bad all around this franchise is. Like there are some NFL rules that prevent management from actually upgrading positions.

Honestly, I feel like some of us from this board could run the team better. We see they need LB's. We see the line was going to be bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Taylor is in so far over his head that he has no clue what's going on.

He apparently chalks these up to luck.

I will say this...
If the Bengals had Williams, Glenn, Green, and Boling out there, I think they would have 2-3 wins.
With that said, Taylor's choice in his coordinators is terrible.
The playcalling shouldn't have been surprising given you have a HC who had very limited experience calling offensive plays in the past, an OC who had no playcalling experience prior, and a DC with very limited experience calling defensive plays in the past.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:12 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I honestly think the FO and the Browns legitimately thought all they needed to do was bring in a new head coach and this thing could be turned around from what they were the past few seasons. 

That is because the FO thinks far too highly of their own draft picks and they refuse to analyze them in a clinical manner. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:12 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I honestly think the FO and the Browns legitimately thought all they needed to do was bring in a new head coach and this thing could be turned around from what they were the past few seasons. 

So did most of the people here.  They blamed all the problems on Marvin.  

Remember how they would praise the front office for giving Marvin plenty of talent to win it all?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 08:59 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: We're not getting it done because we have one of the bottom 3 offensive lines in the league and the bottom 3 LBer groups.

For 3 years running this has been the case.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:54 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: When we get rid of andy dalton for draft pick(s) I will believe.

Are you one of same group who said get rid of ML and I will believe????????????

If so, how is that working out so far?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are you one of same group who said get rid of ML and I will believe????????????

If so, how is that working out so far?

No doubt. IF we just half-hazardly just start dumping players...and our best players at that...we really could go 0-16.

You definitely need to have a strategy around a rebuild and doing that 5 games into a year is rough.

That said, IF AJ Green is set on leaving...we're better off trading him rather than losing him for nothing.
Reply/Quote
Relax Guys, Jay Gruden is back on the horizon!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:21 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree. It's not all on Taylor. But, he's not a good HC either.

It's interesting that the board defense of a coach is how bad all around this franchise is. Like there are some NFL rules that prevent management from actually upgrading positions.

Honestly, I feel like some of us from this board could run the team better. We see they need LB's. We see the line was going to be bad.

Honestly, I'm not sure how you evaluate how good or bad Taylor is yet. He took over a team coming off 3 straight losing seasons, they did next to nothing to improve the roster during the offseason and the players are just not getting it done on the field.

There's no doubt that Taylor has made some mistakes of his own and he is responsible for those, and responsible for fixing them going forward. There have also been times where he hasn't adjusted well in-game and where the play calling has been very questionable, to say the least. 

Maybe Taylor will prove to be Shula level bad, but I don't think you can make that determination so early and with all the problems with the roster. It's not like the situation with Marvin where you have years of previous examples to evaluate and compare. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:14 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Relax Guys, Jay Gruden is back on the horizon!

Midlife crisis Jay Gruden too. Sign me up!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think so.  I am looking at teams that are tanking this year...Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Skins... most will need a QB...

Wait, wait, wait.....the Skins don't need no stinking QB, they drafted "the one we should have" this season. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Honestly, I'm not sure how you evaluate how good or bad Taylor is yet. He took over a team coming off 3 straight losing seasons, they did next to nothing to improve the roster during the offseason and the players are just not getting it done on the field.

There's no doubt that Taylor has made some mistakes of his own and he is responsible for those, and responsible for fixing them going forward. There have also been times where he hasn't adjusted well in-game and where the play calling has been very questionable, to say the least. 

Maybe Taylor will prove to be Shula level bad, but I don't think you can make that determination so early and with all the problems with the roster. It's not like the situation with Marvin where you have years of previous examples to evaluate and compare. 

Not to mention Marvin's first season, they started off 1-5 before winning 7 of their next 9 to be 8-6 before losing the last 2. So it's not like Marvin turned things around instantaneously. The biggest thing Marvin did was to not have a losing season in his first 4 years. But he also only had a winning season 1 time in his first 4 years, too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote