Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hanukkah Sameach
As we head into the 3rd night, Happy Hanukkah to anyone else who celebrates. As we see a rise in anti-Semitism in the US, it is important to show support to our Jewish neighbors.

While no one would think twice about putting up Christmas decorations, my wife is uncomfortable with displaying our hanukkiah (menorah) from our window as tradition would have you do as a means of sharing your faith and the miracle with everyone. While many people may dismiss recent events in the news, take a moment to think about how it affects others. It is the same reason she does not have a mezuzah outside of our door.

Be sure to wish any Jewish friends and family members you may have a "Happy Hanukkah". Let them know that they have support and an ally in you.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I’m guessing it’s where you live. I see a fair amount of decorations put up, I’m assuming without a lot of fear.

Happy Hanukkah
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Amen! I love the way Pope St. John Paul II referred to the Jews as “our elder brothers in the faith.” Blessed Hanukkah to my elder brothers and sisters from your Catholic younger sibling.
(12-24-2019, 06:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m guessing it’s where you live. I see a fair amount of decorations put up, I’m assuming without a lot of fear.

Happy Hanukkah

I've said that we live in a pretty tolerant/divese area and it's certainly not anything like New York where you've had 6 anti-semitic attacks in 2 weeks or so, but seeing those attacks on the news makes her worry.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-24-2019, 01:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  It is the same reason she does not have a mezuzah outside of our door.

Yeah, right.  Gimme a break.

We all know it is really because she is too busy controlling the media, plus the entertainment and banking industries, to put up decorations.
Am I the only one who keeps seeing this thread title and thinking it says "Hanukkah Schmanukkah?"
(01-02-2020, 06:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Am I the only one who keeps seeing this thread title and thinking it says "Hanukkah Schmanukkah?"

You are not alone.  Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-02-2020, 06:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Am I the only one who keeps seeing this thread title and thinking it says "Hanukkah Schmanukkah?"

(01-03-2020, 10:05 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You are not alone.  Hilarious