Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy 23rd Birthday Joe Burrow!
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
People have been saying that players typically take a (big) leap in development around age 23.
That could explain why Burrow really stepped up this past season.
It can also explain why players who get drafted at 20-21 years old take a couple years to really come into their own.

The reason I bring this up is people may say well why not go with a younger prospect then, as that person could develop into a better QB than Burrow!
While that could be true, you could lose multiple years of the extremely valuable rookie contract if a player needs to take multiple years to develop into something good. I'd rather have Burrow, who I believe can come in as a rookie and be very effective compared to a guy like Jordan Love, who is a couple years younger but needs more work.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Indeed. I read that Love may not turn Pro and may transfer to like Oklahoma or some other school.
Reply/Quote
Happy Birthday Joe! Enjoy it, this is the peak moment in your life.

This time next year you will already have lost to OSU in the championship game and will have been drafted by the inept Cincinnati Bengals.

Your pro career will likely show promise but you will waste away for a decade with this organization before your decline years come up just short with a (thankfully) new organization leaving you to wonder for all of your years “what if I hadn’t been drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals”.

Happy Birthday bud! At least you’ll make plenty of money during your career....oh and our QB’s always have super attractive wives so hopefully for your sake you do to while wasting away in Cincy
Reply/Quote
I guess I can't blame Bengals fans for being so cynical, but I feel the opposite. Firstly, he will beat OSU in the National Championship, and secondly, I think he will do well here and get the Bengals deep into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 02:31 AM)whodeyfan1 Wrote: I guess I can't blame Bengals fans for being so cynical, but I feel the opposite. Firstly, he will beat OSU in the National Championship, and secondly, I think he will do well here and get the Bengals deep into the playoffs.

How is anyone going to beat OSU in the Championship game???

They're not getting past Clemson.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 04:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How is anyone going to beat OSU in the Championship game???

Unfortunately I have to agree.  Clemson is a terrible match up for the Buckeyes.  That's why OSU is an underdog after spending the majority of the year ranked #1.  
Reply/Quote
#mancrush
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 04:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How is anyone going to beat OSU in the Championship game???

I still think Clemson is going to win it all 
Reply/Quote
WHY IS THIS ON OUR BOARD??? this guy is NOT even a Bengal! This belongs in NCAA!
Admin please remove it!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 01:51 PM)RASCAL Wrote: WHY IS THIS ON OUR BOARD??? this guy is NOT even a Bengal! This belongs in NCAA!
Admin please remove it!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 09:27 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Unfortunately I have to agree.  Clemson is a terrible match up for the Buckeyes.  That's why OSU is an underdog after spending the majority of the year ranked #1.  

LMAO. No that's not why they're an underdog. Vegas sets a money line and it flows from there.....OSU has a better DL with more depth and a better OL....Clemson hasn't played one team this year. OSU wins this game...
Reply/Quote
I have a sneaky hunch whoever wins will have wooed the right NCAA officials to ensure victory. OSU has a proud wooing history with a lot of really hot babes on campus. Football talent? Who cares when you can introduce the right babes to the right people at the top of the NCAA food chain?  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 03:50 PM)higgy100 Wrote: LMAO. No that's not why they're an underdog. Vegas sets a money line and it flows from there.....OSU has a better DL with more depth and a better OL....Clemson hasn't played one team this year. OSU wins this game...

Actually they played 13 teams. 
Reply/Quote
Wow..in a mere 50 years from now we can all say happy 73rd birthday to Joe. That of course is assuming any of us are still alive 50 years from now. I'll be a mere 110 going on 111.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Happy Birthday Joe! Enjoy it, this is the peak moment in your life.

This time next year you will already have lost to OSU in the championship game and will have been drafted by the inept Cincinnati Bengals.

I hope Joe Burrow goes somewhere else besides Cincinnati.  The Bengals have ruined enough winning quarterbacks.
Reply/Quote