Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you've ever had a dog, or pet...
Saw this a couple weeks ago and now I can't get it out of my damn head. It's been 7 years for me, my beagle.

I think because our new beagle (who is now almost 7, since we got her when our old beagle left) lives with my parents (who are getting older themselves), I think I'm always worrying I'm not ensuring she's having a "wonderful time", or I'm not being the best son to my parents.

After my old beagle died, I kept saying we'd do it better for our new dog, she has fences to roam around/run in, he always went out on a rope/etc.

It was the first time I saw my mom ever cry (and she was almost 60), and my Dad couldn't go into the room with him. So my sister and I went. I can't imagine anything like that again, I barely handled that and I don't know what will happen when I have a family member leave, too.

[Image: 5ac7014d64bdb84cee160251b507c532--saying...oodbye.jpg]
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dogs want affection, food, security, and maybe some exercise. If you have provided those then you have done well.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Basically when we put our cat to sleep after 18 years. My first dog was when I was in my 20's. I lost him when I got divorced. It was tough, but not as tough as if putting them down, I imagine.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Had to put my childhood dog down for doing his job... which tore me up bad...

He bite a trespasser and the guy sued.

2 years ago I though I had to put my current dog down but shes still kicking and doing good but it was a ruff 6 months after her back injury
Reply/Quote