Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart Standards
One thing that has gotten on my nerves a little at Walmart are the cashiers that are too young to sale beer and you don't find out until you get to the register and see the little sign.

Also the idiots that are not smart enough to operate a door knob trying to use the self-checkout.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 08:13 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Features aren't the same as QC and Old Navy doesn't sell Levi's jeans so of course they are going to be different. 

Would you expect a Ford truck to be identical to a Chevy? Both are trucks and have similarities just like Old Navy and Levi's jeans are both pants.

I agree with you features and quality are not the same.The more features an item has, the costlier it is ( Lincoln cost more than ford ) .I failed to properly convey the concept.I should have said the Levis'  we buy at WM are lower quality manufactured than Levis' sold at other retailers' that sell Levis'. (same brand, different materials or process )
WM accepts lower quality products so they can resell stuff at lower prices. Their advertising mostly mentions lower prices.
Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 09:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There are at least 30 lanes at my store and no more than 4 are ever open. I've worked at multiple retail stores and every one had a policy and plan in place if lines get too long. Walmart will let lines get 10 customers deep.

Then when they get new cashiers on, they'll just sit there and not ask the next person in line to come over. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a new register opens and someone in the back gets over. You're suppose to let the next person (who doesn't have their stuff on the belt) over. 

Totally agree, but half the time the person in the front isnt paying enough attention to realize a new one opened up.  I'm not going to hold peoples hands through life.

With the new self checkout fad in grocery stores, one trend I see a lot is people just walking up to an open self check out when there is a line for them in the first place.  Drives me nuts to the point that I will deride the individual so they might take their head out of their ass and think twice the next time.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 09:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There are at least 30 lanes at my store and no more than 4 are ever open. I've worked at multiple retail stores and every one had a policy and plan in place if lines get too long. Walmart will let lines get 10 customers deep.

Then when they get new cashiers on, they'll just sit there and not ask the next person in line to come over. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a new register opens and someone in the back gets over. You're suppose to let the next person (who doesn't have their stuff on the belt) over. 

More lines should be set up like the bank: one queue with everyone advancing as a customer rep becomes available.  Won't work everywhere, of course, but it should be utilized when possible.  It never fails that no matter where I'm at, be it the grocery or the movies, I always get stuck behind people who are clueless about what they want or what they are doing.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Apparently Walmart is working on something so you can drive a cart around with an App and do your shopping that way. I guess being lazy just got easier?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 02:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Apparently Walmart is working on something so you can drive a cart around with an App and do your shopping that way. I guess being lazy just got easier?
They need to follow through on the RFID checkout.
You only need to roll your cart onto a platform and it scans the prices of your items immediately.
I'm sure produce would need manually entered, but still faster.
People would bag their items in a separate area and it could promote people using reusable bags, so they might bag items from the cart directly into their car.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Wal Mart's of the Devil.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote