Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that don't exist, but probably will in 20 years
(02-14-2018, 01:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Do you watch black mirror? Some really interesting/scary concepts in that show... 

Have not seen it, will have to check it out. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not sure I will ever trust auto pilot cars.

This is not big break through because everything is already invented.

But always had the idea that if you took the highway land already owned by government and installed a monorail running on magnets alongside the roads.

They could do away with over the road semi trucks by hooking them up like trains and shooting them down the road to hubs where trucks can pick them up for local delivery.

Would save tons in rubber, fuel, oil, wrecks, traffic, and such. Plus keep all truck drivers local and at home every night.

Simplicity equals complexity.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Oh, I know!

Full automation of manual labor/transportation jobs.

Massive poverty among the majority of American population.

Political violence on a major scale and extremism in electoral politics.

Drug addiction as a way of life for a majority of Americans, illegal drug trade as the only real way to obtain money.

A bunch of dumb gadgets that nobody will be able to afford because there's no middle class.

A bunch of people blowing their brains out.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 01:13 PM)samhain Wrote: Oh, I know!

Full automation of manual labor/transportation jobs.

Massive poverty among the majority of American population.

Political violence on a major scale and extremism in electoral politics.

Drug addiction as a way of life for a majority of Americans, illegal drug trade as the only real way to obtain money.

A bunch of dumb gadgets that nobody will be able to afford because there's no middle class.

A bunch of people blowing their brains out.

Sure hope this is not prophetic for our children's sake. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 03:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Self replicating vibrators.

Until then, you're going to need to keep buying a separate one for each of your orifices.  But you can definitely dream of that one day you only have to pay for one vibrator to fill them all!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:26 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Fine. A fully automated transportation system. No human drivers on major commuter routes.

Literally my dream scenario.

One huge barrier to automated transportation is that nearly every driver on the road believes themselves to be the best driver on the road. The simple fact of the matter is that almost nobody is willing to admit that they're too stupid to do anything..Everyone thinks they're smarter than everyone else. It doesn't take genius to figure out that everyone isn't necessarily smarter than everyone else, but we live in a society that nearly every question posed can be quickly looked up on google and there's no shortage of people who will insist that since they found an answer online they're absolutely smarter than anyone who hasn't gotten around to looking up the same answer.
There will always be a large contingent of people who will never trust an automated system even if the system in question is proven beyond all doubt to be far superior. It'll only take one glitch in the programming for them to cherry pick one bad example to prove that it's death just waiting to happen. It's like the cold dead handers.. You'll pry my 1960's hotrod out of my cold dead hands..
You know..I'm just fine with prying certain things out of cold dead hands.. Some people actually deserve to have cold dead hands.
Such an automated system would have to be federally mandated and taken out of states control. As it is right now with various states rights as such there certain substances that are perfectly legal in one state, but cross state lines with the substance and you become a felon. You can literally drive from Maine to California and go from being a law abiding citizen to felon to law abiding, back to felon and law abiding many times over and never once even know it..
That pretty much defines insanity..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 04:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have not seen it, will have to check it out. 

Brilliant series. Maybe don't watch the first episode first (it's not sequential), as it might be the least representative of the series. 

Really one of my favorites going. 
Reply/Quote
The Zombie 222

A 1968 Mustang Hardtop that has been converted to all electric and is trying to get to 200mph. The battery pack converts 1.2 gigawatts of power to 4000amps to huge motors and converters and whatever it has to. It hasn't gotten to 200mph yet as of 2016 but it's top speed it 174mph and goes from 0-60 in 2 seconds.

You can buy your own for around $150,000.00 I think.
Reply/Quote
They exist, but not near as common as they will be.

Tattoo removal parlor
Reply/Quote
Using neural implants for pain relief instead of chemicals.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 02:15 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Just give me self driving cars and I'll be happy.

Big fight over the self driving semi trucks. Unions are going nuts.

Overall soon it will be all self driving.
Reply/Quote