Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Do Girl Scout Cookies Go Bad?
Those things have a lot of chemicals and preservatives. You'll be good for a couple hundred years or so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I can't recall the last time I saw a Girl Scout go door to door.

I always see them outside the grocery stores or Sam's Club pushing their crack from a table.

If I mention that I don't have any cash while they are accosting me to buy, they always are quick to respond "We take credit cards!"

I just tell them I have diabetes, and can't eat them.  They usually give me that WTF expression.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
They're good until you start puking.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 04:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Use the force Gramps!

[Image: 1Xjz.gif]

And you wonder why the Mrs MIGHT get pissed off at you? Lol

Nah.. I raised 3 daughters and a granddaughter. I don't have it in me to be mean to little kids at my door selling cookies .  
They still go door to door around here, but most of this neighborhood is old folks my age and older . Kids around here are generally treated pretty good. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I've always wondered if they have any kind of turf wars over selling territory.

Maybe one weekend I'll wake up early and sit outside the grocery store waiting to see if there is any kind of winner-take-all, battle royale in the parking lot for the right to set up some tables and hock their goods...
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I've always wondered if they have any kind of turf wars over selling territory.

Maybe one weekend I'll wake up early and sit outside the grocery store waiting to see if there is any kind of winner-take-all, battle royale in the parking lot for the right to set up some tables and hock their goods...

We were at the mall yesterday and the GS were everywhere, like flies at a barbeque.  I kept avoiding eye contact in hopes they wouldn't approach me, but they did just the same.  No, I don't want your damn do-si-dos, you pusher!  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
In these parts, fund raising kids usually stake out in front of the grocery store, or at the libraries. I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere else. I'm pretty sure they don't go door-to-door.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 09:00 PM)snowy Wrote: In these parts, fund raising kids usually stake out in front of the grocery store, or at the libraries. I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere else. I'm pretty sure they don't go door-to-door.

I tried to respond to this, but all 5 responses made me nervous of a suspension. LOL! Use your imagination.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 09:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I tried to respond to this, but all 5 responses made me nervous of a suspension. LOL! Use your imagination.

I admire your restraint.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 09:21 PM)snowy Wrote: I admire your restraint.

Not me.

Whatever he was going to say, it was going to be damn funny.

So I lost a good laugh because he showed restraint Sad
Reply/Quote