Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday Truck 101!
Saw it on the main page.

Happy Birthday! I hope it's the best one yet!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
HB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Happy Birthday Truck.

Reply/Quote
Happy birthday hoser!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Happy birthday Truck_1_0_1_ Hope you are having a good one.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Happy Birthday, young fella!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Many thanks, everyone!

Was a low-key day; woke up, made my usual weekend breakfast sandwich (a bun, any type, from any region of the world, with mustard, small strips of cheddar cheese, avocado and an egg), went grocery shopping, came home, put the groceries away, went to my parents' house (my dad's bday is the 9th), where my dad made a 200 year old rabbit recipe and we had a Boston Cream Cake my wife made from scratch (I made the cream, as she isn't as skilled on top of the oven, as she is inside the oven LOL) and then came home, went to bed.

The Jays won, so that made my demeanor better!

[Image: CHANLnQ.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Happy birthday, amigo! Sounds like it was a good time with family and a little relaxation.
Reply/Quote
Nice looking family you have there. That 200 year old rabbit sounds interesting. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 12:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Nice looking family you have there. That 200 year old rabbit sounds interesting. :)

Thank you :)

And it is! So the recipe comes from a book called, "Il Talismano della Felicita," (roughly, "The Talisman (guide) to Happiness) and the book is from 1929 (it's absolutely falling apart lol). The majority of the recipes in that book (almost 1,000 of them) were already a few hundred years old when it was published and as such, many recipes call for the food to be placed, "over the flame," or, "on the fire," as household ovens were only becoming commonplace around that time.

I've made about 20 recipes from the book myself, including Pannetone from scratch (oh God, what a marathon of a hassle lol... but worth it in the end!) and they really are the best you can make from Italian cooking; so many bastardisations and shitty recipes out there...
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 12:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Nice looking family you have there. That 200 year old rabbit sounds interesting. :)

Yup. Who woulda thought they could live that long!?!?
Reply/Quote
Happy belated Truck! Glad you had an awesome day.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Happy belated birthday, Truck!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Well better late than never. Happy Birthday Wink
Reply/Quote
Yes, better late than never. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TRUCK! Rock On CheersClapping
Reply/Quote
Time flies! I could have sworn you've been posting on this site far longer than 33 years by now..  Shocked I know...the missing 0 was misplaced..Right? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 11:34 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote:  we had a Boston Cream Cake my wife made from scratch (I made the cream, as she isn't as skilled on top of the oven, as she is inside the oven LOL

[Image: CHANLnQ.png]

Why is no one else talking about that cake.

It is like a freaking 5 lb. eclair.

I'd kill for that.
Reply/Quote
BTW Happy Birthday!!!
Reply/Quote
Happy belated birthday to my favorite muthacanucker.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 12:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why is no one else talking about that cake.

It is like a freaking 5 lb. eclair.

I'd kill for that.

lol not because we made it, but I promise, Fred, it was better than ANY éclair Wink

And thanks! Big Grin
Reply/Quote