Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite today's game...
I still managed to mow the lawn (and forget about the loss awhile) and then the grass clippings that got tossed in the lake from the mower attracted lots of fish to the area close to our side and I caught two bass so it wasn't a total loss . I'm probably not going to mow grass every time I want to go fishing though, but it does attract them because of all the bugs that get tossed in the water not to mention the species that are vegetation eaters.. 
My day was salvaged after all ..

Oh yeah,  totally unrelated I've somewhat rediscovered the simple pleasures of jello with a bit of fruit added to it. Jello is dirt cheap (about 35¢ for a 2 cup serving and despite claims to the contrary jello is really easy to make ..boil water and stir. It doesn't get much easier than that ) plus whatever else you might want to add to it.. You can't not like jello (it's against federal law to dislike it) and it rhymes with hello.. Hello jello.. And chello, fellow, mellow yellow.... Ok..enough of that. Eat jello OR ELSE!  Smack
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Strange Jello fact I discovered. I have always known that canned pineapple works well in Jello, but for some reason fresh pineapple ruins it. I won't set.

I ate a lot of Jello growing up. Usually with either canned pineapple or the amazing "Fruit Cocktail".

they used to have a type of Jello that would set in layers. The top layer would be like a foamy head that set. Anyone remember that?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Strange Jello fact I discovered.  I have always known that canned pineapple works well in Jello, but for some reason fresh pineapple ruins it.  I won't set.

I ate a lot of Jello growing up.  Usually with either canned pineapple or the amazing "Fruit Cocktail".

they used to have a type of Jello that would set in layers.  The top layer would be like a foamy head that set.  Anyone remember that?
Fresh pineapple is far too acidic to set jello.. The acidity effects the proteins in the jello or so it was explained to me once upon a time.. The person who told me wasn't exactly a bio engineer, but I believed it and still do whether true or not.. I DON'T NEED NO STEENKING FACTS!

Back to fishing   Suddenly and with absolutely no explanation from the fish they've all packed up and left the lake. There have been reports of busloads full of fish leaving the area and airports all clogged with flying fish.. 
Sunday was a great fishing day. Since then absolutely nothing. Even the worms are getting impatient waiting to be jabbed with hooks . Meanwhile my woman doesn't seem in the least bit concerned.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote