Happy Juneteenth!
Reply/Quote
New paid holiday for me this year.

No complaints here LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Happy Juneteenth'

no wonder traffic was so light this morning

I forgot it was a federal holiday and took my brother down to the VA hospital. No one was there in their clinics. A waster trip

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 5dnq65.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 05:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 5dnq65.jpg]

She was celebrating the day LIBERALS freed the CONSERVATIVES slaves

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 05:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 5dnq65.jpg]

There are a lot of people around me with confederate flags who would probably shoot you for accusing them of being democrats.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 05:56 PM)pally Wrote: She was celebrating the day LIBERALS freed the CONSERVATIVES slaves

Awesome, when do conservatives get millions in reparations from the government?  Ninja

On a serious note, it amazes how many people do not know it was a Republican who freed the slaves with major dissension from Democrats.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 07:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Awesome, when do conservatives get millions in reparations from the government?  Ninja

On a serious note, it amazes how many people do not know it was a Republican who freed the slaves with major dissension from Democrats.

well maybe people don't know because today's Republican Party is unrecognizable as the party of Lincoln...

and exactly what do conservatives need compensation from the government for?

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 07:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: On a serious note, it amazes how many people do not know it was a Republican who freed the slaves with major dissension from Democrats.

It amazes me how many people know a republican freed the slaves, yet fly the confederate flag, fight to remove talking about slavery in depth from school education, and complain about reparations and Juneteenth.

Just kidding, that doesn't surprise me at all.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 07:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Awesome, when do conservatives get millions in reparations from the government?  Ninja

What group (or groups) of people do you think are not aware that Lincoln was a Republican?
Reply/Quote

Let's not act like the Democrat and Republican parties are anything like they were in the 1800's.
Both parties have evolved quite a lot over the past 150 years, and in some (many) ways essentially becoming the opposite of what they originally were.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 06:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There are a lot of people around me with confederate flags who would probably shoot you for accusing them of being democrats.

no they wouldnt. quit with the propoganda. folks with rebel flags aint no different then anyone else. so tired of hearing this nonsense. you might not like rebel flags an thats your right but dont put your ideas on them cause of it.
Reply/Quote
im gonna keep my thoughts on juneteenh to myself except that it is a completly made up thing for the left to get political points.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 04:32 PM)Leon Wrote: im gonna keep my thoughts on juneteenh to myself except that it is a completly made up thing for the left to get political points.

Nah, it is not a made-up thing. 

It's the last remnants of slavery in this country. 

The greatest country on the face of the earth. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 04:32 PM)Leon Wrote: im gonna keep my thoughts on juneteenh to myself except that it is a completly made up thing for the left to get political points.

Did Lincoln free the slaves for political points?
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 05:07 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Did Lincoln free the slaves for political points?

im talking about the reason they did the holiday is cause of political points not cause they actualy care. its sad. end of slavery should have always been celebrated buyt the left wasnt to concerned about it until they need more political points 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 05:22 PM)Leon Wrote: im talking about the reason they did the holiday is cause of political points not cause they actualy care. its sad. end of slavery should have always been celebrated buyt the left wasnt to concerned about it until they need more political points 

I mean, people have been celebrating Juneteenth ever since it occurred. The first recorded celebration of Juneteenth was on the 1 year anniversary of the occurrence. The Democrats didn't invent this holiday, they just chose to acknowledge it as a federal holiday. 

Everything in politics is done to "gain political points." Republicans cut taxes to get votes, Democrats implement social programs to get votes, Republicans claim the election was stolen to get votes, Democrats push corporate progressivism to get votes.

That's literally what politics is.

I'm just glad that Juneteenth has become a widely celebrated holiday in America now, as opposed to what it had been for over 150 years, which was a holiday that non-black Americans had never even heard of, let alone celebrated. I think that's a fantastic sign for America growing together over time.

That's what I celebrated yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 04:59 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Nah, it is not a made-up thing. 

No it's not. We still have slavery in the prison industrial complex.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 04:59 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Nah, it is not a made-up thing. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote