Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Mock
First off, I want to tell everyone reading this to please be smart this weekend and keep in mind that not everyone out there driving is going to be sober. Have fun guys and be safe.  Cheers  Happy New Year!

New HC: Jay Gruden

Other than the dreadful idea of Marvin coming back, this move seems the most likely. Just hope its not via trade... Whatever

Quarterback: Andy Dalton

I wouldn't mind a new face for this offense, but I don't think its very realistic whether you guys like it or not. Especially if Gruden or Jackson are our next HC who have ties to Andy already.

Notable Free Agents:

Nate Solder, LT, Pre-Team: New England

We need help everywhere on offense. I would say this guy would help out a tiny bit, but who knows.. Ninja

Tyler Eifert, TE, Pre-Team: Bengals

The way I see it is, he will come cheap. I don't think he has much choice or argument here. Kroft looked VERY promising and I have him up there with WJ3 as breakout player of the year for the Bengals. Its a win-win.

Trade(s):

AJ McCarron to Cleveland for their 2nd and 3rd RD Picks.

Trade our 2a. and 4a. picks to move up into the 27-30 range.

2018 DRAFT:

1a. Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
Not a surprising pick here. We're in desperate need of LB help. Great coverage guy with hits that make you say lights out.

1b. Billy Price, C, Ohio State
This has to be the fan favorite this year and another huge need. Price is the best Center to come out in a minute.

2b. Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
We need Safety help badly. Iloka has been exposed as an okay safety since the departure of Nelson. Williams is a backup at best.

3a. Isaiah Wynn, C/G/OT, Georgia
Great run blocker, good pass blocker and can play multiple positions on the o-line in a pinch.

3b. Jordan Whitehead, S, Pittsburgh
Look at 2b's explanation. Safety problem fixed.

3c. Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
Backup QB. Possible future QB of the Bengals.

5a. Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida
Need a Kicker who is consistent....

5b. Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
OT depth.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 09:41 AM)Takedown Wrote: First off, I want to tell everyone reading this to please be smart this weekend and keep in mind that not everyone out there driving is going to be sober. Have fun guys and be safe.  Cheers  Happy New Year!

Other than the dreadful idea of Marvin coming back, this move seems the most likely. Just hope its not via trade... Whatever

I wouldn't mind a new face for this offense, but I don't think its very realistic whether you guys like it or not. Especially if Gruden or Jackson are our next HC who have ties to Andy already.

Notable Free Agents:

We need help everywhere on offense. I would say this guy would help out a tiny bit, but who knows.. Ninja

The way I see it is, he will come cheap. I don't think he has much choice or argument here. Kroft looked VERY promising and I have him up there with WJ3 as breakout player of the year for the Bengals. Its a win-win.

Trade(s):

2018 DRAFT:

Not a surprising pick here. We're in desperate need of LB help. Great coverage guy with hits that make you say lights out.

This has to be the fan favorite this year and another huge need. Price is the best Center to come out in a minute.

We need Safety help badly. Iloka has been exposed as an okay safety since the departure of Nelson. Williams is a backup at best.

Great run blocker, good pass blocker and can play multiple positions on the o-line in a pinch.

OT depth.

I like the draft just some questions. I'm assuming in this senerio the Bengals win the McCarron appeal and put him on a 1st round tender (since if they do a 2nd round tender there's no point in the Browns giving 2 picks when 1 will do).

Who do the Browns take #1 overall?

I can't see them taking a QB with first pick then trading a 2nd and 3rd for a QB...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 11:11 AM)Synric Wrote: I like the draft just some questions. I'm assuming in this senerio the Bengals win the McCarron appeal and put him on a 1st round tender (since if they do a 2nd round tender there's no point in the Browns giving 2 picks when 1 will do).

Who do the Browns take #1 overall?

I can't see them taking a QB with first pick then trading a 2nd and 3rd for a QB...
True.

Yes this would be assuming McCarron loses his appeal. Its been pretty quiet so I don't think anything will come of it tbh.

Correct. I could honestly see them trying to trade down for 2019 1st and 2nd RD picks since they're already loaded as is for this draft. A team like the Giants who are at #2 right now and/or the Broncos are two likely teams that will be in the hunt for a QB and could trade up to take Rosen or Darnold. I think that's pretty realistic.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 09:41 AM)Takedown Wrote: First off, I want to tell everyone reading this to please be smart this weekend and keep in mind that not everyone out there driving is going to be sober. Have fun guys and be safe.  Cheers  Happy New Year!

Notable Free Agents:

Trade(s):

2018 DRAFT:

OT depth.
Love this but a couple things I would change. First don't sign Nate solder. Hell get 11 million +. As far as draft, if hernandez isn't there in 2, and Sutton somehow falls, it would be EXTREMELY hard not to take him. Also instead of Whitehead deshaun Elliot out of Texas is a much higher upside imo. Love Rudolph he's my qb1 and will be the next Phillip rivers but more mobile 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 08:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Love this but a couple things I would change. First don't sign Nate solder. Hell get 11 million +. As far as draft, if hernandez isn't there in 2, and Sutton somehow falls, it would be EXTREMELY hard not to take him. Also instead of Whitehead deshaun Elliot out of Texas is a much higher upside imo. Love Rudolph he's my qb1 and will be the next Phillip rivers but more mobile 

I too love Elliot out of Texas and wouldn't be upset with either. I could care less about solder. Anyone would be an instant upgrade over CedO
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 02:22 PM)Takedown Wrote: I too love Elliot out of Texas and wouldn't be upset with either. I could care less about solder. Anyone would be an instant upgrade over CedO

Elliot is that ball hawk fs..  also would take his teammates  Hilton hill if he falls to 5. Top 5 cb but  character/drug concerns. Just think solder is very overrated. He gets destroyed a ton. Not sure he would be a upgrade. 
Reply/Quote
I would be absolutely shocked if the Bengals took a LB in round 1. It just isn't a huge need in their scheme. They only use 2 of them 75% of the time. Love the player, but I can't see anyway that they would take him at #12.

Love the rest of the draft.
Reply/Quote