Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Valentine's Day!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Oh thanks sweetie.

Just because I didnt get you a card or flowers or take you to dinner or remember it was valentines day; doesn't mean I won't notice if you fail to do the dishes tonight.
Reply/Quote
Due to the fact that Dollar Tree has Valentines Day balloons for $1 I treated the wife to a bouquet
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 07:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Due to the fact that Dollar Tree has Valentines Day balloons for $1 I treated the wife to a bouquet

Savage, af!   LOL

I thought about posting 'ole Wille on my wife's FB wall, as a spoof.  But, then I start thinking about all the cranky comments I would get from my mom, in laws, my sisters, etc. etc.  So, I posted one of her favorites and saved 'old Willie for here.

I did do the honorary stuff.  Bought flowers, all her favorite treats, alcohol included.  Going to make her one of her favorites for dinner.  It's the leas that I can do for her, tolerating my adolescent style sense of humor the other 364 days/year.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I learned a hard lesson today. I went to a florist this morning and told her I'd like a dozen long stemmed red roses. So she had me wait while she put them in a vase with all the fancy stuff to make them look pretty. She put a nice big red bow around the vase, and set it on the counter. I was impressed, until, she rang them up and said, "that will be $101.65."

Long story short, I paid for them to save my dignity, and took them home. My wife got home and loved them, until, she was balancing the checkbook and saw how much I paid. Now she's pissed. (She forgave me, but she plum went off when she saw it at first.)

Anybody else ever have to pay that much for flowers before?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 09:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I learned a hard lesson today.  I went to a florist this morning and told her I'd like a dozen long stemmed red roses.  So she had me wait while she put them in a vase with all the fancy stuff to make them look pretty.  She put a nice big red bow around the vase, and set it on the counter.  I was impressed, until, she rang them up and said, "that will be $101.65."  

Long story short, I paid for them to save my dignity, and took them home.  My wife got home and loved them, until, she was balancing the checkbook and saw how much I paid.  Now she's pissed.  (She forgave me, but she plum went off when she saw it at first.)  

Anybody else ever have to pay that much for flowers before?

Oh brother, never pay that much.  I go to my local grocery for mine, they cost $20, and usually last 10-14 days.  I literally couldn't ask for a better deal.  Now, I do have to trim the stems and put them in a vase with the plant food, but for saving that much money, it's just a little inconvenience.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh brother, never pay that much.  I go to my local grocery for mine, they cost $20, and usually last 10-14 days.  I literally couldn't ask for a better deal.  Now, I do have to trim the stems and put them in a vase with the plant food, but for saving that much money, it's just a little inconvenience.

I knew I screwed up.  Next year, it's Kroger's for roses!   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 09:29 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I knew I screwed up.  Next year, it's Kroger's for roses!   ThumbsUp

Skip the large chain, the roses will die in less than a week.  Go to a local grocery store, or at least one that get's their goods from local sources.

I did not come to know this by accident...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Savage, af!   LOL

I thought about posting 'ole Wille on my wife's FB wall, as a spoof.  But, then I start thinking about all the cranky comments I would get from my mom, in laws, my sisters, etc. etc.  So, I posted one of her favorites and saved 'old Willie for here.

I did do the honorary stuff.  Bought flowers, all her favorite treats, alcohol included.  Going to make her one of her favorites for dinner.  It's the leas that I can do for her, tolerating my adolescent style sense of humor the other 364 days/year.

She gonna get a hot pocket...  so you can get one?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 09:58 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: She gonna get a hot pocket...  so you can get one?

Actually, I'm making Szechuan beef stir fry.  I'm sure that her pocket will get plenty hot for me.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 10:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, I'm making Szechuan beef stir fry.  I'm sure that her pocket will get plenty hot for me.  Ninja

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
And, we also have a song for the guys unfortunate enough to have dates today..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
And for those who were lucky enough to spend all of their days with the one they love..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Some of you young'uns might be turned off to the fact that I chose old country songs for my Valentine's Day semi-humor thread. But, those dudes had feelings, those songs had meaning, written from the heart. Most of today's stuff just doesn't have that sort of feel, it's written to be "catchy".

So, "Come at me, bro's!" "Fight me in the comments..." LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 09:29 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I knew I screwed up.  Next year, it's Kroger's for roses!   ThumbsUp

Good idea. I learned the hard was too. However this year there were no flowers. Just a $1 card from dollar store and I made her supper.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 10:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, I'm making Szechuan beef stir fry.  I'm sure that her pocket will get plenty hot for me.  Ninja

Pretty close to what I made my wife for supper last night. http://www.southyourmouth.com/2017/02/pepper-steak.html

Reply/Quote
$20 bucks and I got an amazing blo...I mean valentine gift! I don't remember her name though. Some where down town Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 03:57 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: $20 bucks and I got an amazing blo...I mean valentine gift! I don't remember her name though. Some where down town Mellow

So your saying some unknown chick gave you an amazing blouse somewhere downtown? WTF? Do you live on the west coast or something?

Reply/Quote
Florist and Kroger for flowers.

You know they grow for free in the old ladies yard down the street and White Castles puts table cloth down if you make reservations ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 11:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Florist and Kroger for flowers.

You know they grow for free in the old ladies yard down the street and White Castles puts table cloth down if you make reservations ?

I'll remember that next year.   Cool
Reply/Quote