Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy for AJ Green
He was a warrior for the Bengals, played on a lot of close but not quite there teams. I'm always thankful for his contributions to the Bengals team in his years as a Bengal. Now that he's a Cardinal, life is a bit different for him. He no longer has to be THE guy, but can just be A guy on a really good team.

He was always a killer against the Browns, so it gave me great pleasure to watch him stick a dagger into the hearts of Browns fans once again, with his late TD catch.

Thanks for the memories, AJ. Now, I'm just hoping that your team doesn't have as easy of a day versus the Bengals, as the Cardinals did in Cleveland today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(10-17-2021, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He was a warrior for the Bengals, played on a lot of close but not quite there teams.  I'm always thankful for his contributions to the Bengals team in his years as a Bengal.  Now that he's a Cardinal, life is a bit different for him.  He no longer has to be THE guy, but can just be A guy on a really good team.

He was always a killer against the Browns, so it gave me great pleasure to watch him stick a dagger into the hearts of Browns fans once again, with his late TD catch.

Thanks for the memories, AJ.  Now, I'm just hoping that your team doesn't have as easy of a day versus the Bengals, as the Cardinals did in Cleveland today.

My sentiments exactly!
Reply/Quote
The Cardinals are a very good team. I hope AJ gets a shot at a playoff win and maybe more.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
He seems to have found his hands again this season. While the legs may not be stretching the field the way they use to, his hands are allowing him to be a big contributor.
Reply/Quote
I appreciate what he did here up until the last couple of seasons.

It's sketchy as hell that he's suddenly an effective player again when he looked absolutely finished and uninterested last season. He literally looked like he wasn't even trying to contest high-point throws anymore. He was making a metric shit ton of cash on that one year deal, and he was practically useless to his rookie quarterback.

AJ having the year he's currently having makes me at least partially believe that he was just going through the motions. That pisses me off as a fan of this team.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 08:49 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The Cardinals are a very good team.  I hope AJ gets a shot at a playoff win and maybe more.

I'll vote for that. AJ gets 2 playoff wins for the Cardinals, then loses the SB to the Bengals. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'll vote for that. AJ gets 2 playoff wins for the Cardinals, then loses the SB to the Bengals. ThumbsUp

Amen. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:17 PM)samhain Wrote: I appreciate what he did here up until the last couple of seasons.

It's sketchy as hell that he's suddenly an effective player again when he looked absolutely finished and uninterested last season.  He literally looked like he wasn't even trying to contest high-point throws anymore.  He was making a metric shit ton of cash on that one year deal, and he was practically useless to his rookie quarterback.  

AJ having the year he's currently having makes me at least partially believe that he was just going through the motions.  That pisses me off as a fan of this team.

In fairness to him for years he did and said all the right things.  He said he wanted to be a bengals and put it all out there ever game only to have the rug pulled out from under him every post season for various reasons beyond his control. 

Then the post seasons stopped coming and the team around him disintegrated and there was no promise it would get better again.  That has to take its toll on you and sap your motivation.

He was a bengal great but the time had come for both parties to go their separate ways. 

I get why it would frustrate you and your entitled to that as a fan but I get his side of it too.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy for AJ as well.
Reply/Quote
Happy for AJ. One of my all time favorites.
Reply/Quote
I was good with the Cardinals being great in the NFC this season, right up until JJ TWatt starting running his trap again about how they are "just better" than everyone else. I hope they lose out now. His old "good guy" shtick he had going in Houston was a fugaze, he's as big a **** as his little brother.
Reply/Quote
That dry air down there keeps you young
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 05:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: That dry air down there keeps you young

Unless your skin is drying out in the sun turning wrinkled..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
A rebound year.. on pace for around 1,000 yards, 8 TDs and 17 yard average which is better pace than Boyd or Higgins right now.. who would have thought that would be happening
Reply/Quote
LOL. What the hell was Green doing on that last pass??  

[Image: nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: LOL. What the hell was Green doing on that last pass??  

[Image: nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg]

AJ Green just crashed back to earth lol
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:41 AM)BucketE Wrote: AJ Green just crashed back to earth lol

It looked like he saw someone in the crowd and just stopped to stare at them. 

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: LOL. What the hell was Green doing on that last pass??  

It's crazy because everyone seen the safety cheating toward the line and giving AJ the 1 on 1 in the redzone which is a QB dream.

Well everyone seen it but AJ.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I thought he looked sluggish a few times that game, but that last play was really something else.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:46 AM)Synric Wrote: It's crazy because everyone seen the safety cheating toward the line and giving AJ the 1 on 1 in the redzone which is a QB dream.

Well everyone seen it but AJ.

He didn't even turn his head...like not even 5 minutes later.  Shocked

Reply/Quote