Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy memorial day
For those who have lost loved ones, friends and fellow service members, thank you.

My grandfather was a navy pilot, but he made it through WWII without any issues. This memorial Day (and likely the next several) will mean a bit more personally as my son gets set to join the army later this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To All our fallen brothers and sisters, and those left behind. Let us Never Forget.

https://youtu.be/UUZHTE1jMXg

Reply/Quote
Thank you to all the fallen hero’s who sacrificed everything for me and my family. I’m not a billy ray cyrus fan by any means, but his song Some Gave All is a must listen to this weekend.

Both my G’pa and Dad served during war time. And both have similar stories. G’pa was a medic in his unit that was set to land in Normandy three days after D-Day. His boat was rerouted to England instead and they ordered all medics on the ship off to help with all the casualties coming back from France. He spent the entire war in England. He still got all his Unit’s metals and ribbons cuz he gave them to me before he passed away. One of his medals was from the Battle of the Bulge. He once told me some of those guys coming back all they could do to treat them was put them in a padded room and let them scream their lungs out. Those were the guys he said gave him the worst nightmares.
My Father’s story is similar in that on the way to Vietnam, his ship was re routed to Okinawa and him and others like him were ordered off the ship and he spent the entire war in Okinawa instead of humping it thru the jungle. I don’t know what the reason was why he was ordered off the boat though. He doesn’t talk much about that time. G’pa only opened up later in life to me cuz he knew I was so interested in WW2. G’ma told me he’s never said a lot about that time to anyone else. That he never really opened up until him and I got to talking.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Thanks to all of the American servicemen who made the ultimate sacrifice, so that we may enjoy our lives in freedom and peace.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 09:40 PM)Benton Wrote: For those who have lost loved ones, friends and fellow service members, thank you.

My grandfather was a navy pilot, but he made it through WWII without any issues. This memorial Day (and likely the next several) will mean a bit more personally as my son gets set to join the army later this year.

First off, my respect to your son. 

Secondly, remember the fallen. If you do nothing else on this day watch a War Movie. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Let us never forget. I've heard it said that you can't imagine your feelings if you ever get to visit a place such as this:

https://www.european-traveler.com/france/visit-normandy-american-cemetery-memorial/attachment/normandy-american-cemetery/
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 06:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let us never forget. I've heard it said that you can't imagine your feelings if you ever get to visit a place such as this:

https://www.european-traveler.com/france/visit-normandy-american-cemetery-memorial/attachment/normandy-american-cemetery/

It sure would be sobering to say the least.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 12:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off, my respect to your son. 

Secondly, remember the fallen. If you do nothing else on this day watch a War Movie. 

Appreciated. 

Personally, I spent the day covering softball tournaments. But I will say at least they honored veterans during each game. I'd have preferred Kentucky didn't schedule high school games on holidays, but they didn't ask me.
Reply/Quote