Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harbaugh off to rough start in his debut.
Disclaimer: this is just thoughts so far in the game.  2 min left to go in first half.

Zero running game. Bad turnovers. He was arguing with ref about the spotting of the ball.

Positives: does seem like this team plays harder from previous years. That says to me the players respect and want to play for him; he just needs a little more talent, most specifically in the trenches.  

Excited to see college football back! Can't wait for the Buckeyes game :-)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't say I'm not disappointed Hoof. I was cautiously optimistic the score would have been flipped the other way. I really didn't know what to expect though.

Ryuko go easy on me you big meanie!

He has his work cut out for him that's for sure. I am confident he can do it but its a marathon and not a sprint i guess.

Last night's issues are what you pointed out that plagued this team last year. ZERO run game and costly turnovers. you cannot throw 3 picks (one for 6) on the road, against a solid team, on prime-time and expect to win. Great teams can survive those mistakes and rally to win. Michigan as it stands right now, cannot.

next week I'll be at the game...that alone should push them to their first victory right? either way I'll be drunk.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 11960043_504324793064181_147121068913672...e=566C1782]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 09:20 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: Can't say I'm not disappointed Hoof.  I was cautiously optimistic the score would have been flipped the other way.  I really didn't know what to expect though.

Ryuko go easy on me you big meanie!

He has his work cut out for him that's for sure.  I am confident he can do it but its a marathon and not a sprint i guess.  

Last night's issues are what you pointed out that plagued this team last year.  ZERO run game and costly turnovers.  you cannot throw 3 picks (one for 6) on the road, against a solid team, on prime-time and expect to win.  Great teams can survive those mistakes and rally to win.  Michigan as it stands right now, cannot.

next week I'll be at the game...that alone should push them to their first victory right?  either way I'll be drunk.

I'm always nice!

But there is a long way to go. I count myself among those who believe that RichRod would have won you guys a national title, were he allowed a 4th and 5th year, but Hoke managed to bungle things up pretty thoroughly in Ann Arbor. Outside of Peppers and Butt, there aren't a lot of bright spots on the team. (Inside of peppers or a butt, there's no light at all! *Ba-dum, tss*) Once the talent is there, I expect things to turn around quickly, but that may take a couple years. I did expect better QB development (ie, not 3 INTs), but you're starting Iowa's scraps at QB and the only receiving threat is the tight end. Harbaugh's only had half an offseason of this, after all... It is what it is, and this is a 6-6 team in 2015. 

Ride it out, though, I expect it will get better in '16/'17 once the talent pool is restocked.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 02:05 PM)Ryuko Wrote: I'm always nice!

But there is a long way to go. I count myself among those who believe that RichRod would have won you guys a national title, were he allowed a 4th and 5th year, but Hoke managed to bungle things up pretty thoroughly in Ann Arbor. Outside of Peppers and Butt, there aren't a lot of bright spots on the team. (Inside of peppers or a butt, there's no light at all! *Ba-dum, tss*) Once the talent is there, I expect things to turn around quickly, but that may take a couple years. I did expect better QB development (ie, not 3 INTs), but you're starting Iowa's scraps at QB and the only receiving threat is the tight end. Harbaugh's only had half an offseason of this, after all... It is what it is, and this is a 6-6 team in 2015. 

Ride it out, though, I expect it will get better in '16/'17 once the talent pool is restocked.

ya you are pretty impartial actually.

i have to ride it out at this point...been a fan since I was 16 and i'm 41 now.  plus i've been a Bengal fan since 89....i'm as tough as they come!
Reply/Quote
I am an OSU fan. Hate Michigan. But come on. His team is very light on talent, and he played a loaded and much superior Utah team ON THE ROAD and only lost by 7 points, even with making tons of mistakes.

While it wasn't a great showing, other Michigan teams of hte last couple years would have lost by 3-4 touchdowns.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 09:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: [Image: 11960043_504324793064181_147121068913672...e=566C1782]

"Should of?' Did you write that yourself? LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
UM fans should expect this... Its going to be a year or two before they get back to being heavy hitters in the B10. Harbs will get the talent pipeline back and pumping. On the other hand if the Buckeyes manage to win another title, it wont bode well for recruiting south of that border.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 02:59 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: ya you are pretty impartial actually.

i have to ride it out at this point...been a fan since I was 16 and i'm 41 now.  plus i've been a Bengal fan since 89....i'm as tough as they come!

I'm glad you gave me credit for being impartial on that 6-6 call, because I'm feeling rather foolish about it now. Based on what I saw Saturday, you guys are trending more towards 9-3 or better.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:27 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: UM fans should expect this... Its going to be a year or two before they get back to being heavy hitters in the B10. Harbs will get the talent pipeline back and pumping. On the other hand if the Buckeyes manage to win another title, it wont bode well for recruiting south of that border.

(09-28-2015, 09:23 PM)Ryuko Wrote: I'm glad you gave me credit for being impartial on that 6-6 call, because I'm feeling rather foolish about it now. Based on what I saw Saturday, you guys are trending more towards 9-3 or better.

They are definitely playing with a different attitude or mindset than in the past.  I didn't have any doubts he'd turn things around, but wasn't confident it would happen that quickly.  I guess winning attitudes and culture starts from the top and that can go a long way.

lots of games to be played though.

My trip there a couple weeks back was a great time as well.  Can't believe i waited this long to start hitting up college football games.  amazing experience for any football fan or even any sports fan.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 10:05 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: They are definitely playing with a different attitude or mindset than in the past.  I didn't have any doubts he'd turn things around, but wasn't confident it would happen that quickly.  I guess winning attitudes and culture starts from the top and that can go a long way.

lots of games to be played though.

My trip there a couple weeks back was a great time as well.  Can't believe i waited this long to start hitting up college football games.  amazing experience for any football fan or even any sports fan.

He knows football, that's for sure. And then he does things like this, and he makes me wonder if he's legitimately insane...
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:27 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: UM fans should expect this... Its going to be a year or two before they get back to being heavy hitters in the B10. Harbs will get the talent pipeline back and pumping. On the other hand if the Buckeyes manage to win another title, it wont bode well for recruiting south of that border.

(09-30-2015, 11:29 PM)Ryuko Wrote: He knows football, that's for sure. And then he does things like this, and he makes me wonder if he's legitimately insane...

ya buddy...he's a bit cray cray as the kids say.  but maybe that's what the program needs after so many years of craptastic football.
Reply/Quote