Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Knocks
6 teams eligible this year. (that means can be forced to do it). Browns, Ravens, Chargers, 9ers, Redskins and Broncos. Everyone else falls into the new head coach, been in the playoffs in the last 2 years, or have been on the show in the last 10 years exemptions. 2 of these teams have already said they want no part of it (Browns and 9ers). Actually, the most watchable of the group would be the 9ers with Jimmy G., but the coach doesn't want to do it because he doesn't agree with cutting players on camera etc. So why is this in Jungle Noise? The Bengals, who have the best ratings on that show, can volunteer to do it again. Marvin Lewis on the hot seat, new oline coach and players, new OC and DC.... Mike Brown is not acting like Mike Brown..... that's good stuff right there......lol. Last two times the team did the show, they wound up in the playoffs. C'mon Mike, volunteer to do it again...... I would love to see this years training camp. 
Reply/Quote
I would selfishly love to see it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I would love it. But I am sure marvin would loathe it in every possible way lol
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would love it.  But I am sure marvin would loathe it in every possible way lol

Actually, Marvin and Mike have both said they enjoyed doing it and wouldn't mind doing it a 3rd time. Some coaches hate it, Marvin doesn't seem to mind it.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually, Marvin and Mike have both said they enjoyed doing it and wouldn't mind doing it a 3rd time. Some coaches hate it, Marvin doesn't seem to mind it.

Sign them up then. I enjoy it.
Reply/Quote
Wife would be pissed but I would love it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m gona get flamed for this but I’d love to see the browns. I feel like with the addition they’ve made they should be(but probably won’t be) a legit competitive team. I want to see the disfunction of how management turns a talented roster into trash like that.

... oh wait nvm; you guys are right we could just watch the bengals for the same result.
Reply/Quote
I can see them going Chargers to try and drum up interest in the new city.
Reply/Quote
How can a team be forced to do it against their will? Seems shady.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 09:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How can a team be forced to do it against their will? Seems shady.
They play abroad whether they want to or not, right?  They play on Thursday whether they want to or not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 06:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wife would be pissed but I would love it.

Seems like you're in the dog house a lot lately.  Shape up!   Tongue
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 09:10 PM)McC Wrote: They play abroad whether they want to or not, right?  They play on Thursday whether they want to or not.
That’s a lot different than allowing cameras to follow everything that happens behind the scenes 24/7.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 09:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How can a team be forced to do it against their will? Seems shady.

Because it makes the league money. After teams started refusing, the league created a new policy giving Goodell the ability to pick a team. I’m assuming that as a condition of being in the league, you have to agree to all league policies. I’m pretty sure it’s the owners that vote on approving new policies, so this picking process is what the majority of them wanted.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2013/the-nfl-can-now-force-teams-to-do-hard-knocks.html
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 10:44 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Because it makes the league money. After teams started refusing, the league created a new policy giving Goodell the ability to pick a team. I’m assuming that as a condition of being in the league, you have to agree to all league policies. I’m pretty sure it’s the owners that vote on approving new policies, so this picking process is what the majority of them wanted.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2013/the-nfl-can-now-force-teams-to-do-hard-knocks.html

I’d be shocked if they made the Kraft’s or Rooney’s do something like this if they don’t want to.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 6 teams eligible this year. (that means can be forced to do it). Browns, Ravens, Chargers, 9ers, Redskins and Broncos. Everyone else falls into the new head coach, been in the playoffs in the last 2 years, or have been on the show in the last 10 years exemptions. 2 of these teams have already said they want no part of it (Browns and 9ers). Actually, the most watchable of the group would be the 9ers with Jimmy G., but the coach doesn't want to do it because he doesn't agree with cutting players on camera etc. So why is this in Jungle Noise? The Bengals, who have the best ratings on that show, can volunteer to do it again. Marvin Lewis on the hot seat, new oline coach and players, new OC and DC.... Mike Brown is not acting like Mike Brown..... that's good stuff right there......lol. Last two times the team did the show, they wound up in the playoffs. C'mon Mike, volunteer to do it again...... I would love to see this years training camp. 

Amazon Prime does their version of Hard Knocks I forget what it's called but it is quite good maybe the Bengals could be on that show.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I would like to add to that the change in player personnel may have made the Cincinnati Bengals less appealing i e missing Chad Johnson. But if they somehow land that Ohio State Center Billy Price he's irritable and probably will cause a lot of fights during training camp so it would be entertaining.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I agree I loved the Hard Knocks when they featured the Bengals. I felt spoiled that they featured the Bengals TWICE!! And how about this little story:
Backround info on my family. The majority of my family has a different football team. My dad's four brothers are Rams, Niners, Eagles, and Steelers fans. My dad is a Packer fan. My cousins are Titans, Vikings, Panthers fans. My brother is a Jets fan, my sisters Lions and Seahawks. When I was 4 my uncle (the Rams fan) bought me a Bengals helmet for Christmas in 1988. A few years ago, one evening I was taking care of my rowdy nephew and neices. Towards the end of the night, I told them "BE QUIET, YOU HAVE MADE ENOUGH NOISE AND RUCKUS! NOW LET ME WATCH THIS!" So, I proceeded to watch Hard Knocks. My nephew then started asking questions. Who's that guy? What does that mean? I explained who AJ Green was, Andy. Burfict the badboy of the team. Weeks later I hear my nephew is a Bengals fan. Of all teams to pick, and knowing our family chooses different teams, he still pickecd the Bengals. All most likely thanks to Hard Knocks. What's even cooler. He visited Cincinnati (he lives in CT, I live in CA) and sent me a Bengals hat a few days ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 6 teams eligible this year. (that means can be forced to do it). Browns, Ravens, Chargers, 9ers, Redskins and Broncos. Everyone else falls into the new head coach, been in the playoffs in the last 2 years, or have been on the show in the last 10 years exemptions. 2 of these teams have already said they want no part of it (Browns and 9ers). Actually, the most watchable of the group would be the 9ers with Jimmy G., but the coach doesn't want to do it because he doesn't agree with cutting players on camera etc. So why is this in Jungle Noise? The Bengals, who have the best ratings on that show, can volunteer to do it again. Marvin Lewis on the hot seat, new oline coach and players, new OC and DC.... Mike Brown is not acting like Mike Brown..... that's good stuff right there......lol. Last two times the team did the show, they wound up in the playoffs. C'mon Mike, volunteer to do it again...... I would love to see this years training camp. 

Fun little side fact for you guys, if you remember in the last hard knocks we were on, AJ Green bought a 6 series BMW on screen. I imagine this comes as no surprise to anyone, it was all fake. At the time, AJ was a celebrity endorser for Jake Sweeney, so he did them a solid to get them some screen time. 
Reply/Quote
I would like to see Cleveland Browns
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 03:08 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: Fun little side fact for you guys, if you remember in the last hard knocks we were on, AJ Green bought a 6 series BMW on screen. I imagine this comes as no surprise to anyone, it was all fake. At the time, AJ was a celebrity endorser for Jake Sweeney, so he did them a solid to get them some screen time. 

6 series too low end for AJ, can't be among us commoners.  :andy:
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote