Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hard Rock Christmas music
Was just wondering if anyone else listens to Hard Rock Christmas tunes this time of year? I have a Gary Hoey Christmas
station on Pandora I always listen to this time of year that rocks. He is a badazz guitarist and he plays tons of Christmas
songs and it even has Classic Rock dudes on it like Neil Schon from Journey and lots of other bands who like to rock.

I find this type of music much less annoying than the same old Christmas songs you hear all the time on the radio.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was just wondering if anyone else listens to Hard Rock Christmas tunes this time of year? I have a Gary Hoey Christmas
station on Pandora I always listen to this time of year that rocks. He is a badazz guitarist and he plays tons of Christmas
songs and it even has Classic Rock dudes on it like Neil Schon from Journey and lots of other bands who like to rock.

I find this type of music much less annoying than the same old Christmas songs you hear all the time on the radio.

i love the Trans-siberian Orchestra...

they usually come thru Cincy each year and its a great show.  took my dad and father in law a year or 2 back and they loved it.

Oh already missed them this year in Cincy it seems  (will be in columbus oh 12/23)
Reply/Quote
Some good ones in the genre! Gary Hoey, TSO as mentioned. I have really enjoyed the Merry Axemas albums (there are 2) with lots of guitar greats. August Burns Red is more metal, but has a couple of really good Christmas albums.

I really like things that are different than the typical classic sung songs (I don't need Bing, Nat or Mariah on a rotation). I love me some Vince Guaraldi (not just his Christmas album which we all know from The Peanuts). I've been listening a lot lately to Reel Big Fish's "Happy Skalidays" album (ska) and love the 12 Days of Christmas that Relient K does. Weezer's Christmas album is a good one to mix things up, too. So many options!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So Ive been looking into this more now... Twisted Sister has a Twisted Christmas album lol...
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 10:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i love the Trans-siberian Orchestra...

they usually come thru Cincy each year and its a great show.  took my dad and father in law a year or 2 back and they loved it.

Oh already missed them this year in Cincy it seems  (will be in columbus oh 12/23)

Oh yeah, always loved TSO. I remember back in the day when they first came out rockin' they might of been the first.

Mannheim Steamroller is a little soft for me. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 12:39 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Some good ones in the genre!  Gary Hoey, TSO as mentioned.  I have really enjoyed the Merry Axemas albums (there are 2) with lots of guitar greats.  August Burns Red is more metal, but has a couple of really good Christmas albums.  

I really like things that are different than the typical classic sung songs (I don't need Bing, Nat or Mariah on a rotation).  I love me some Vince Guaraldi (not just his Christmas album which we all know from The Peanuts).  I've been listening a lot lately to Reel Big Fish's "Happy Skalidays" album (ska) and love the 12 Days of Christmas that Relient K does.  Weezer's Christmas album is a good one to mix things up, too.  So many options!

Awesome MHG! Agree on August Burns Read, they are really hard, but I like it and they are on my Hoey station.

Haven't checked out Weezer's Christmas album yet, always liked Weezer. Will add that station, thanks. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'll be the typical scrooge. I freaking HATE Xmas.. Lot of fun at parties though.. just not Xmas parties.. and I ESPECIALLY hate Xmas music.. Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 01:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So Ive been looking into this more now...  Twisted Sister has a Twisted Christmas album lol...

And it is awesome.  We have it.  Play it every year.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 10:13 AM)Stewy Wrote: And it is awesome.  We have it.  Play it every year.

Just heard one of their Christmas songs today on my Hoey station. Sounded just like "We're Not Going to Take it"! 

They just changed the words... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It’s not Christmas until I hear two songs……

Corey Taylor- X-M@S

And

Drop kick Murphy’s - The Season’s Upon Us

Listen to these songs even if you hate Christmas and the season.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 08:09 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: It’s not Christmas until I hear two songs……

Corey Taylor- X-M@S

And

Drop kick Murphy’s - The Season’s Upon Us

Listen to these songs even if you hate Christmas and the season.

Love the Drop Kick Murphy's "The Season's Upon Us".  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 12:43 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love the Drop Kick Murphy's "The Season's Upon Us".  Hilarious

Best part of the song is the dog.

‘He defiled my teddy bear, and left me the mess.’ LMAO!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Trans Siberian Orchestra is great, and there are several good, old-fashioned Emerson, Lake, and Palmer Christmas songs, both with the late, great Greg Lake singing "I believe in Father Christmas," and the rocking instrumental The Nutrocker.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 10:59 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Trans Siberian Orchestra is great, and there are several good, old-fashioned Emerson, Lake, and Palmer Christmas songs, both with the late, great Greg Lake singing "I believe in Father Christmas," and the rocking instrumental The Nutrocker.

Without a doubt my all time favorite Christmas song.

For those who don't know, the late actor Christopher Lee (aka Count Dookoo, Sauramon, and MANY others) was trained as an opera singer, and late in life made some metal albums, including metal Christmas albums.  Interesting stuff, to say the least.
Reply/Quote
Christopher Lee was quite a talent; not only the scariest Dracula but one of the best Bond villains. It surprises me not at all that he could sing, too.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 10:59 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Trans Siberian Orchestra is great, and there are several good, old-fashioned Emerson, Lake, and Palmer Christmas songs, both with the late, great Greg Lake singing "I believe in Father Christmas," and the rocking instrumental The Nutrocker.

Love Greg Lake and Emerson Lake and Palmer. Also love Lake's vid on youtube with Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull playing the flute in a 
Christmas song. Cannot remember which one right now, great though.

Look it up if you haven't seen it WGBenGal. I know you would love it.  Cool

(12-17-2022, 12:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Without a doubt my all time favorite Christmas song.

For those who don't know, the late actor Christopher Lee (aka Count Dookoo, Sauramon, and MANY others) was trained as an opera singer, and late in life made some metal albums, including metal Christmas albums.  Interesting stuff, to say the least.

That is awesome, didn't know that about Christopher Lee RIP.

(12-17-2022, 07:27 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Christopher Lee was quite a talent; not only the scariest Dracula but one of the best Bond villains. It surprises me not at all that he could sing, too.

Wild seeing Lee in the Dracula movies around Halloween, didn't know he did all that. I was just a LOTR's dude.
Reply/Quote
Thank you for the tip, Nate! Wow! That one caused my hair to stand on end! From the dual guitar to Ian on flaut, the chorus' angelic backup and the mighty, heart-melting voice of Greg Lake, it was so powerful!
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2022, 12:00 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wild seeing Lee in the Dracula movies around Halloween, didn't know he did all that. I was just a LOTR's dude.

okay his metal music is pretty good..

But Christopher Lee holds the record for On screen deaths @ 70 with the next closest (and living ) only in the 40s...

Hes done a ton in cinema
Reply/Quote
Love that this thread took a turn to ELP and Tull. Two bands I grew up heavily influenced by!
Reply/Quote
Former Lead Guitar for Mors Principium Est performing Carol
Of the Bells. Absolutely shreds it! \m/

https://youtu.be/8w3i0xVCdI4
Reply/Quote