Poll: Best Rookie (before Chase) in team history?
Corey Dillon
Cris Collinsworth
Icky Woods
AJ Green
Andy Dalton
Eddie Brown
Isaac Curtis
Carlos Dunlap
I like to be different (explain)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who had the best rookie season in team history?
(10-29-2021, 10:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol THAT'S the type of error I let slide LOL

Yeah, no biggie; again, I can be a grammar Nazi all day if I chose to, but with the modern day of autocorrects and speed, I can understand if things get screwed up (I do it myself).

But the dominant thing... just one of the very few that REALLY irks me LOL

Carry on! ThumbsUp

I see a big difference between calling out a grammar mistake because it irks you and calling out grammar in the middle of a heated debate because you have no other argument.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 06:18 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, for me, it's Greg Cook. Who knows how things would've unfolded had he not gotten injured. Trumpy says their hands would be full of rings, and Bill Walsh said he was the best QB he'd ever seen. That's enough for me.....and I loved Ickey Woods.

He led the AFL in passer rating and yards/attempt that year with a torn rotator cuff.

He deserves respect and a mention, but I wanted to keep the list below 10.

But anywho, that's at least 2 votes for our guy Greg Cook.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Poor Eddie Brown is the only guy without a vote, and is the only guy listed who won Rookie of the Year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 03:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He led the AFL in passer rating and yards/attempt that year with a torn rotator cuff.

He deserves respect and a mention, but I wanted to keep the list below 10.

But anywho, that's at least 2 votes for our guy Greg Cook.

I get it....and that's all we really got, one year. What a shame. From what I've read, and what little I've seen, that guy had it all. There's no way to know for sure, but with Paul Brown and Bill Walsh on the sidelines, and this guy at the helm, it might've been the Bengals building a dynasty instead of Shitsburgh.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 04:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I get it....and that's all we really got, one year. What a shame. From what I've read, and what little I've seen, that guy had it all. There's no way to know for sure, but with Paul Brown and Bill Walsh on the sidelines, and this guy at the helm, it might've been the Bengals building a dynasty instead of Shitsburgh.

Greg Cook could have changed the entire history of the Bengals franchise.  Losing him like that is a tragedy.

But also look at this.

Bengal rookie rushing leaders

Corey Dillon............1129
Jeremy Hill..............1124 (Only rushed for 1774 more yards over 4 seasons. Never had more than 839 yards in a season)
Ickey Woods...........1066 (Only rushed for 459 more yards over 3 seasons)
Paul Robinson.........1023 (Only rushed for 1924 more yards over 5 seasons. Never had more than 622 yards in a season) 
Boobie Clark '73...... 988 (Only rushed for 2044 more yards over 7 more seasons. Never had more than 684 yards in a season.)
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 04:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Greg Cook could have changed the entire history of the Bengals franchise.  Losing him like that is a tragedy.

But also look at this.

Jeremy Hill..............1124 (Only rushed for 1774 more yards over 4 seasons. Never had more than 839 yards in a season)
Paul Robinson.........1023 (Only rushed for 1924 more yards over 5 seasons. Never had more than 622 yards in a season) 
Boobie Clark '73...... 988 (Only rushed for 2044 more yards over 7 more seasons. Never had more than 684 yards in a season.)
Those are great but Greg Cook has 2 rookie records that have stood for over 50 years:

Most passing yards per attempt

Most passing yards per completion

When you have 2 records that have withstood 50 years; you had a great rookie season; arguably the best ever by an NFL QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Those are great but Greg Cook has 2 rookie records that have stood for over 50 years:

Most passing yards per attempt

Most passing yards per completion

When you have 2 records that have withstood 50 years; you had a great rookie season; arguably the best ever by an NFL QB

Agree 100%.  Losing a good RB is nothing compared to losing a franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 04:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Greg Cook could have changed the entire history of the Bengals franchise.  Losing him like that is a tragedy.

But also look at this.

Indeed. Bill Walsh said that he was the best QB he ever coached, including Joe Montana. 
Reply/Quote

But also look at this.

Perhaps Joe Burrow will ?
Reply/Quote

But also look at this.

Wow.... that's eye opening to say the least. We've had our share of one hit wonders in the backfield.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 08:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was between Ickey and Collinsworth. Went with Ickey

I almost went with Collinsworth.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote