Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hard Yards For Mixon
Tiger

When will this offensive line create running lanes for Mixon? It seems like all of his yards are "hard" yards and not many break aways at all! The hard yards take a toll on the body when this coach doesn't seem to have a rotation plan. Give Evans some carries.... If not the line and this coaching staff is destroying Mixon. Imo
The running game isn't great right now and nobody is really talking about it just yet. The divisional games are coming and he'll have to drop this guy back 30 times! Dang it Zac
Reply/Quote
Way to go there, Superfan. You've officially smacked your own team..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 03:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Way to go there, Superfan.  You've officially smacked your own team..

Tiger

Just seeing the damage coming but I certainly bleed orange & black. These are the teams we need to get rid of early. We don't have a consistent running attack.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey

Get that backup QB some game snaps Zac!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 04:26 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Who Dey

Get that backup QB some game snaps Zac!

Why are you posting non smack stuff in smack?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 05:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why are you posting non smack stuff in smack?

Tiger

I dunno
Reply/Quote
Sir, this is a Wendy's.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
You would think that decades of high draft picks would have given the Bengals a Superbowl by now.
Reply/Quote
Did you watch yesterdays game? Did you know Mixon is 4th in the league in rushing? Can you believe it's not butter?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 09:42 AM)E.A. Poe Wrote: You would think that decades of high draft picks would have given the Bengals a Superbowl by now.

Personally, i'd think that decades of trying would have given E.A. Poe at least one post that was funny, insightful, cogent or factually correct. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Keep feeding Joe Mixon!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Get that backup QB some snaps Zac!
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Its time to start dominating games with Joe Mixon and establishing a running game that's feared. Its November football now! I've been one of the biggest critics around regarding this offensive line and I must admit they've played solid as a unit thus far. Its time to see if they're ready to cold weather run block and if Mixon is the runner we think that he is moving forward. 25+ ZAC!  Let's really see if this offensive line is built for bigger things!  Tough games coming up. I've said it once and I'll say it again the Pittsburgh Steelers " Big Brother" aren't going anywhere!
Reply/Quote
The real question is...

why hasn't this been moved to JN yet?   Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 10:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The real question is...

why hasn't this been moved to JN yet?   Mellow

Tiger

I've just become a senior so they'd never do that.
JN is the big time and I'm small man
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 03:21 PM)Emeritus Wrote: When will this offensive line create running lanes for Mixon?

FootballOusiders has a stat called "adjusted line yards" that tries to measure the offensive lines contribution to the running game.  It is complicated, but basically it gives the O-line more blame for runs of zero or negative yards, and also gives them less credit for "second level yards" (yards more than 10 yards past line of scrimmage).  The Bengals are 8th in "adjusted line yards".  So overall they are doing a pretty good job blocking for the run.

But they absolutely suck in short yardage situations.  That is the only real weakness I see on our team right now.  It is a small issue but it will eventually bite us in the ass.  if w can't get push in the running game we should just start throwing the ball in short yardage situations.
Reply/Quote
Still waiting for some "pops" or chunk gainers in the running game. I believe they will come, especially as the passing offense instils more fear and respect. Fred's post above is spot on too though. I'd like to see us blow the opposing line off the ball a little better at times; ideally all of the time, but especially in short yardage.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: FootballOusiders has a stat called "adjusted line yards" that tries to measure the offensive lines contribution to the running game.  It is complicated, but basically it gives the O-line more blame for runs of zero or negative yards, and also gives them less credit for "second level yards" (yards more than 10 yards past line of scrimmage).  The Bengals are 8th in "adjusted line yards".  So overall they are doing a pretty good job blocking for the run.

But they absolutely suck in short yardage situations.  That is the only real weakness I see on our team right now.  It is a small issue but it will eventually bite us in the ass.  if w can't get push in the running game we should just start throwing the ball in short yardage situations.

I’d like to see more RPO’s in short yardage. Have a slant built in that allows you to pull it and throw the slant when everyone crashes.
Reply/Quote
I need Mixon to find some holes and quit running in to guys. 5 minutes after complaining about him needing to do more in the Baltimore game he finally got loose. And it was about time.

We are paying him too much for him to not be a game changer. He needs to make something out of nothing more often than he does. That’s what elite backs do. And he is being paid as an elite back
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 11:10 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I've just become a senior so they'd never do that.
JN is the big time and I'm small man

Don't put yourself down like that. Mellow
Reply/Quote