Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardcore Bengals fan moment
(01-14-2022, 05:59 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Been a Bengals fan since day 1. But I have two questions for you .

1. Isn't it Ironic that you despise the 49ers led by Joe Montana and you live in Montana?
2. Do you know John Dutton?

1. And I threw away my Hannah Montana jersey...BTW, I check off of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyLMwzDR4qY&t=6s

2. You mean the Longmire hat? No, but a lot of his stories take place in these parts...at least in his books.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When I tried to rape a tiger at the circus.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 08:09 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: 1. And I threw away my Hannah Montana jersey...BTW, I check off of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyLMwzDR4qY&t=6s

2. You mean the Longmire hat? No, but a lot of his stories take place in these parts...at least in his books.
Not sure what a Longmire hat is. I was making a bad joke about John Dutton, main character in Yellowstone. Apparently not everyone watches it. LOL.
Reply/Quote
Mine is pretty bland.. I did start off as a Browns fan due to Tim Couch (I'm a UK Fan) + they were the new franchise so at 8 years old it just made sense to me to follow my college QB into a new franchise.

However I did live in NKY and my dad was a Bengals fan.. he started taking me to a lot of games and it won me over. My Stepdad was a Steelers fan so it fueled my hatred of the Steelers having to hear that guy talk ish every year.

We got season tickets in 2005 and I'm hooked for life.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 08:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When I tried to rape a tiger at the circus.

Fredstein
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:08 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Not sure what a Longmire hat is. I was making a bad joke about John Dutton, main character in Yellowstone. Apparently not everyone watches it. LOL.

John Dutton hats are worn by sheriff Walt Longmire on the Netflix "Longmire" series. Books are bettet. Seems silly to watch Yellowstone, as I guide there...I know, different time period.
Reply/Quote
the 81 Super Bowl was my Senior year of HS, we drove from Louisville to Cincinnati and bought a keg of Little Kings for our party and we deemed it the Striper Bowl since that was the first year of the stripes on helmet.

Also had went to my first NFL game that very season which happened to be a SB preview with Joe Montana's 49ers coming to Cincy earlier that season. Game was so so per Kenny Anderson sitting out per injury that game and Jack Thompson stunk up the place while everybody chanted for Turk Schonert.

yet had already been a Bengals fan for several years prior.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: the 81 Super Bowl was my Senior year of HS, we drove from Louisville to Cincinnati and bought a keg of Little Kings for our party and we deemed it the Striper Bowl since that was the first year of the stripes on helmet.

Also had went to my first NFL game that very season which happened to be a SB preview with Joe Montana's 49ers coming to Cincy earlier that season. Game was so so per Kenny Anderson sitting out per injury that game and Jack Thompson stunk up the place while everybody chanted for Turk Schonert.

yet had already been a Bengals fan for several years prior.

Hot damn, bet that head was thick the next day.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I got a Bengals helmet for Christmas, the original helmet with just BENGALS on it probably about 73...... I slept in that thing and wore it everywhere!!Lol
I still have it to this day.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 11:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I got a Bengals helmet for Christmas, the original helmet with just BENGALS on it probably about 73...... I slept in that thing and wore it everywhere!!Lol
I still have it to this day.

That's awesome.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:05 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: John Dutton hats are worn by sheriff Walt Longmire on the Netflix "Longmire" series. Books are bettet. Seems silly to watch Yellowstone, as I guide there...I know, different time period.

Are you saying that you're a guide in Yellowstone National Park? The series Yellowstone is about a ranch in Montana, as you surely know. I'm just a little confused. And I beg your indulgence but I have a huge interest in Montana after watching the show. I also loved Lonesome Dove so I guess until I'm able to go to your state I'll just have to keep reading all I can about it.  
Reply/Quote
I actually considered getting the B tattooed on me.
Reply/Quote
I'd listen to their sorry asses on the radio when I lived in Columbus in the early and mid 90s... I'd talk about them with the guy who ran the convenience shop down the alley from my house. We were both beside ourselves that they sucked so bad because "they have talent". If you don't jump ship through times like that, you're definitely hard core.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
In 88, Sports Illustrated had a picture of the Bengals playing in the Hall of Fame game against the Rams and they had a picture of the great safety Eric Thomas tackling a Rams wr. I cut out and stole that picture from our school’s SI magazine. I still have that picture pinned to my closet door.

I want a Bengals tattoo….been looking for a cool design for one. Not the B or the leaping tiger. Something else.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 12:19 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: In 88, Sports Illustrated had a picture of the Bengals playing in the Hall of Fame game against the Rams and they had a picture of the great safety Eric Thomas tackling a Rams wr.  I cut out and stole that picture from our school’s SI magazine.  I still have that picture pinned to my closet door.

I want a Bengals tattoo….been looking for a cool design for one. Not the B or the leaping tiger.  Something else.

I have the tiger head you have in your picture tattooed on my shoulder.   Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 12:19 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: In 88, Sports Illustrated had a picture of the Bengals playing in the Hall of Fame game against the Rams and they had a picture of the great safety Eric Thomas tackling a Rams wr.  I cut out and stole that picture from our school’s SI magazine.  I still have that picture pinned to my closet door.

I want a Bengals tattoo….been looking for a cool design for one. Not the B or the leaping tiger.  Something else.

I don't have any tattoos myself but I did see a really badass white tiger tattoo before.

Tiger Get this logo over the new "B" logo if your gonna go  that  route.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 04:38 PM)Science Friction Wrote: January 1989.  Superbowl XXIII.  I was 26 years old.  I pissed my pants and cried like a baby, all because of the Bengals.   I was so excited after Stanford Jennings kickoff return for a TD that I pissed myself (didn't matter, would have done it again for another TD).  

Then Montana to Taylor with 34 seconds remaining all but ended my life(at least that's how it felt). Only time I had ever cried like that over a game. I have still never forgiven Lewis Billups for the dropped INT.

Any grown ass man that is completely sober and pisses himself and then cries like a baby over a ballgame is hopeless and definitely hardcore.

Pretty much the same time to me. Living in Germany and beeing 15 years old, as far as I remember it was the first year german TV showed at least the Play offs and the SB. Due to the time difference I had to tape them (remember VHS?) and haven´t been a fan of a particular team. When I saw the Bengals, i liked the jerseys (lol) but more Boomer´s name and Ickey´s dance (sometime there are simple reasons). So I rooted for the Bengals. 

At the SB I was stoked when we lead late in the game and devastated when we lost 30 seconds to the end of the game. My new love just got beaten, what a bad start for a life long relationship. While Football became a bit more popular in Germany, most people jumped on the side of successfull teams like the 49ers, Packers and Patriots, but beeing loyal to my team (my real football team, 1 FC Köln was successfull before I crushed on them in ´82, since then we pretty much suck), I stayed a Bengal since then. Hard times show real love, so whoydey 4life Wink
Reply/Quote
In ‘74 when I was six, I got a Bengals winter parka, Bengals hat and Bengals gloves for Christmas. Bengal fan ever since.

Grew up 3.5 hours away from Cincinnati, but could get 700 WLW. Remember listening to Bob Trumpy talk about their first Super Bowl trip the two weeks leading up to the game with my mom while doing dishes. For some reason, I remember Trumpy making a big deal about the Ben-Gals not going to the Super Bowl. I still don’t know if the teams cheerleaders go to the game or not

Also, for the Bengals second trip to the Super Bowl I had a choice between studying for a Physics test or watch the game….I watched the game and both outcomes were not good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 09:24 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: In ‘74 when I was six, I got a Bengals winter parka, Bengals hat and Bengals gloves for Christmas.  Bengal fan ever since.  

Grew up 3.5 hours away from Cincinnati, but could get 700 WLW.  Remember listening to Bob Trumpy talk about their first Super Bowl trip the two weeks leading up to the game with my mom while doing dishes.  For some reason, I remember Trumpy making a big deal about the Ben-Gals not going to the Super Bowl.  I still don’t know if the teams cheerleaders go to the game or not

Also, for the Bengals second trip to the Super Bowl I had a choice between studying for a Physics test or watch the game….I watched the game and both outcomes were not good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My grandpa used to say Paul Brown didn't want to spend the money for the Ben-Gals to go to the SB. 

I'm not sure how true that statement really was.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
For me, it was probably 1975 because my dad got transferred to Cincinnati from Kansas City and the Bengals were doing much better than the Chiefs then. His company was always giving away tickets, so we saw two games that year. I looked at the program and thought the Bengals had funny first and last names, such as "Booby," "Rufus," and "Trumpy." They won both of the games we saw, which were the Browns on opening day and the Patriots on a warm October day.

The Bengals lost in the playoffs that year to the Raiders. Hmm. It was at Oakland, and the Raiders were just a little bit better.
Reply/Quote