Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steelers vs. Jags
(01-15-2018, 12:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, I've been to regular season games where the team was in it late in the game and no one left.  This was a playoff game settled by 3 points.  Not a good look.  Think if the Vikings fans left with 10 minutes to go. Mellow

[Image: 9r8fVzN.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:45 PM)6andcounting Wrote: [Image: 9r8fVzN.jpg]

Well no shit.....that's a 21 point shellacking!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, I've been to regular season games where the team was in it late in the game and no one left.  This was a playoff game settled by 3 points.  Not a good look.  Think if the Vikings fans left with 10 minutes to go. Mellow

It was 10 points until a TD with :00 on the clock.  

Once Jacksonville kicked the FG the game was over.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was 10 points until a TD with :00 on the clock.  

Ya never know.....

I would certainly understand if it was like the Pats/Titans tilt.....and we have certainly had our share of games that made you want to leave at halftime.....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was 10 points until a TD with :00 on the clock.  

Technically we could have recovered on onside kick in the end zone with 0:00 on the clock to win the game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:04 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Technically we could have recovered on onside kick in the end zone with 0:00 on the clock to win the game. 

'cept Tomlin learned his lesson and kicked it away.  Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:04 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Technically we could have recovered on onside kick in the end zone with 0:00 on the clock to win the game. 

Knowing Tomlin he probably thought that.  Whatever

I will always go back to the Sand Diego Monday night game a few years ago.  The one where Bell scored on a run with no time left.  Tomlin said after the game that "he thought they had time to run two plays".   Mellow

I lost any confidence I had him at that point and he has made zero decisions since then to restore that confidence.  I don't care how many games they win because he is fortunate enough to have stars that make plays.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Knowing Tomlin he probably thought that.  Whatever

I will always go back to the Sand Diego Monday night game a few years ago.  The one where Bell scored on a run with no time left.  Tomlin said after the game that "he thought they had time to run two plays".   Mellow

I lost any confidence I had him at that point and he has made zero decisions since then to restore that confidence.  I don't care how many games they win because he is fortunate enough to have stars that make plays.

If I recall correctly we had a timeout left that we just didn't use. 

Just doubled checked. We did. The wildcat play was snapped with 5 seconds left. Only play that could have possibly left us with enough time to use it would have been a qb sneak - from inside a half yard from the endzone. But we just don't do those so yeah.
Reply/Quote

Probably not judging from the first onside kick tried. 

Could not even kick it 10 yards. 

steelers did everything possible even getting lucky on a couple 4th and longs. 

Jax never flinched and slammed Bens window shut. 

That was Blake Bortles, not Tom Brady  !!!! 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Probably not judging from the first onside kick tried. 

Could not even kick it 10 yards. 

steelers did everything possible even getting lucky on a couple 4th and longs. 

Jax never flinched and slammed Bens window shut. 

That was Blake Bortles, not Tom Brady  !!!! 

If it was Tom Brady the score would have been over 100.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:04 AM)Beaker Wrote: steeler fans:

"This is the year we finally beat the patriots in Foxboro!"

[Image: dedzP2O.png]

Nevermind.

I think you mean Mike Mitchell.  LOL 
Reply/Quote