Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hart was Highest Rated OL Member against Browns
According to PFF, Hart was highest rated OL player against browns. Jordan obtained his highest rating in his young Career. Still, the Bengals need to draft OT and Guard in the upcoming Draft. Give credit to Turner, Hart and Jordan when it is due. Just one game but it is something.

Also, didn't it seem the O-Line did better with backups? I think Price is better at Center than at Guard.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As far as PFF goes, Hart is performing above average for tackles... he seems to be coming around and if continues through the rest of the year will have a good season
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 07:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: According to PFF, Hart was highest rated OL player against browns.  Jordan obtained his highest rating in his young Career.  Still, the Bengals need to draft OT and Guard in the upcoming Draft.  Give credit to Turner, Hart and Jordan when it is due.  Just one game but it is something.  

Also, didn't it seem the O-Line did better with backups?  I think Price is better at Center than at Guard.  

Yes it did. Price played great at C. That may have been the best performance at C that we've see all season, with all due respect to Hopkins. And it seemed like Johnson is a better OT than OG. He didnt have the best game ever, but certainly looked alot better than he did at OG. Not even close really.

Which leads me to, can Turner evaluate talent? It took a lot of Burrow getting killed before he signed Redmond to replace Johnson at G. Redmond hasnt been that great, but the OL has been better as a whole since then honestly. Id like to have Turner let more guys play their natural positions. I'm not sold on being able to just change guys around anymore and play them out of their natural positions. Turner.... ugh.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 07:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: According to PFF, Hart was highest rated OL player against browns.  Jordan obtained his highest rating in his young Career.  Still, the Bengals need to draft OT and Guard in the upcoming Draft.  Give credit to Turner, Hart and Jordan when it is due.  Just one game but it is something.  

Also, didn't it seem the O-Line did better with backups?  I think Price is better at Center than at Guard.  
Well to be fair. It would be damn near impossible to be worse. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

...Honestly I dont know how PFF does these....doesn't run blocking count? 
Lets ask the owner Cris Collinsworth 
Reply/Quote
Least smelly turd of the week...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 08:25 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Yes it did. Price played great at C. That may have been the best performance at C that we've see all season, with all due respect to Hopkins. And it seemed like Johnson is a better OT than OG. He didnt have the best game ever, but certainly looked alot better than he did at OG. Not even close really.

Which leads me to, can Turner evaluate talent? It took a lot of Burrow getting killed before he signed Redmond to replace Johnson at G. Redmond hasnt been that great, but the OL has been better as a whole since then honestly. Id like to have Turner let more guys play their natural positions. I'm not sold on being able to just change guys around anymore and play them out of their natural positions. Turner.... ugh.

Someone posted earlier today that Price graded over 80 in Pass Pro and over 70 in Run, the two penalties must weigh heavily in their grading system.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hart gets a high grade while they give him chip help what seemed like the majority of the time.

That doesn't seem right.

I saw a play where Garrett was going to absolutely abuse Hart, but then Gio comes in and slams his body into Garrett, stonewalling him. Another player saved Hart from having a negative play. So sure Hart didn't have a negative play, but it was only because he had help.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Someone posted earlier today that Price graded over 80 in Pass Pro and over 70 in Run, the two penalties must weigh heavily in their grading system.

He had a couple of poor snaps/exchanges that also probably hurt his grade.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hart gets a high grade while they give him chip help what seemed like the majority of the time.

That doesn't seem right.

I saw a play where Garrett was going to absolutely abuse Hart, but then Gio comes in and slams his body into Garrett, stonewalling him. Another player saved Hart from having a negative play. So sure Hart didn't have a negative play, but it was only because he had help.

and you don;t think other teams do the same to players like Garrett.. come on now... if you don;t trust PFF for Hart you can;t for others either.. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and you don;t think other teams do the same to players like Garrett.. come on now... if you don;t trust PFF for Hart you can;t for others either.. 

I 100% think other teams do the same to players like Garrett. You'd be foolish not to.

My point was, how can you grade a guy highly for a game where he required 2v1 help? If every OL had a second blocker to help him block their guys every play, wouldn't they all be amazing from a pressures allowed standpoint?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Big picture the Bengals need to make RG and RT a priority this offseason with both free agency and the draft. Hart’s not the answer long term at RT. I’m hoping Michael Jordan develops into a good guard he’s still young and has time to grow. Having Williams and Jordan playing well on the left side would be huge for the rebuild. Jordan hasn’t been great this year if he’s not the answer at LG it would set us back even more we have too many needs.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: He had a couple of poor snaps/exchanges that also probably hurt his grade.

Ok, I can see that dropping the grade some.  However, from a blocking standpoint, he looked by far, better than I've seen him in a Bengals uniform.

Even though he has been a huge disappointment, by and large, I still continue to root for him to get it going.  I hate to see any Bengal draft pick wash out, let alone a 1st round selection at a position of supreme need/priority.  He definitely looked more comfortable at Center, and was able to put the aggressive style that he was drafted on into function on the field.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

They left Adeniji off of that list.  I was curious as to how he graded.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I 100% think other teams do the same to players like Garrett. You'd be foolish not to.

My point was, how can you grade a guy highly for a game where he required 2v1 help? If every OL had a second blocker to help him block their guys every play, wouldn't they all be amazing from a pressures allowed standpoint?

Just a guess, but probably analyze it similar to how DVOA stats are compiled and determine the competition he's going against. Great question though.

Quote:Several factors can differentiate one three-yard run from another. What is the down and distance? Is it third-and-2 or second-and-15? Where on the field is the ball? Does the player get only three yards because he hits the goal line and scores? Is the player’s team up by two touchdowns in the fourth quarter, and thus running out the clock; or down by two touchdowns, and thus facing a defense that is playing purely against the pass? Is the running back playing against the porous defense of the Raiders, or the stalwart defense of the Bears?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
That grade for Jonah seems generous. Garrett beat him like drum a couple times.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, I can see that dropping the grade some.  However, from a blocking standpoint, he looked by far, better than I've seen him in a Bengals uniform.

Even though he has been a huge disappointment, by and large, I still continue to root for him to get it going.  I hate to see any Bengal draft pick wash out, let alone a 1st round selection at a position of supreme need/priority.  He definitely looked more comfortable at Center, and was able to put the aggressive style that he was drafted on into function on the field.

i find it interesting that he did so well at center. He started there his rookie year then had some injuries and they moved him to guard. Rookie lineman always struggle. For the majority of linemen it takes till year 3. With his age and Hopkins versatily you have to give Price another look at center to see if it was a fluke or if he has something. Also to see if we resign him or let him walk.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Someone posted earlier today that Price graded over 80 in Pass Pro and over 70 in Run, the two penalties must weigh heavily in their grading system.

That makes me wonder about the grades if they deduct that much for penalties, but I guess it is what it is. An 80 is pass protection is very impressive. I wouldnt mind seeing Price get another start at C.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, I can see that dropping the grade some.  However, from a blocking standpoint, he looked by far, better than I've seen him in a Bengals uniform.

He's been disappointing, but in fairness, it usually takes a few seasons for OL to develop in the NFL and C is an especially tough position to expect a rookie to come in and plug and play at. In retrospect, we all just had unrealistic expectations for the guy as a rookie. Hopefully, he can turn it around.  
Reply/Quote
It’s time we embraced this well refined, well developed, sexy sexy man as our future. We’re gonna miss him Sunday.
Reply/Quote