Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harvard vs Yale 1968
The game tied at 29, but Yale had the game wrapped up with a 16 point lead with 42 seconds left, but Harvard tied the game.. For some reason that game reminds me of our last playoff game..
The headlines actually read: Harvard beats Yale 29-29. Just watched the movie by the same name.. Dejavu.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 12:37 AM)grampahol Wrote: The game tied at 29, but Yale had the game wrapped up with a 16 point lead with 42 seconds left, but Harvard tied the game.. For some reason that game reminds me of our last playoff game..
The headlines actually read: Harvard beats Yale 29-29. Just watched the movie by the same name.. Dejavu.. 

That is a good movie. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
The playoff game reminded me of the movie Nightmare on Elm Street.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Feel like I barely survived but have been scared for life watching my friends massacred.
Still wake up screaming to this day.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I was pretty pissed, no doubt, but I still thought that they weren't going all the way with their backup QB. He did rally very well against the asshat steelers, though.

I look at it this way: I will take that loss if the Bengals have a boulder-sized chip on their shoulder and come out driven to win it all...and they do. Everything happens for a reason, and I think that last year will give this team more than enough fuel for the stretch run.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 10:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was pretty pissed, no doubt, but I still thought that they weren't going all the way with their backup QB.  He did rally very well against the asshat steelers, though.

I look at it this way:  I will take that loss if the Bengals have a boulder-sized chip on their shoulder and come out driven to win it all...and they do.  Everything happens for a reason, and I think that last year will give this team more than enough fuel for the stretch run.

I like to take the Brightside to things so here is how I look at the loss.

It sucked. Plain and simple

BUT

Imagine the circus shit show that would be this years training camp and preseason if McCarron did happen to win us our first playoff game in forever. It may have been a long term blessing that McCarron didn't happen to win the game... just my 2 cents. The playoff win woulda been great, but the repercussions might not have been.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 12:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I like to take the Brightside to things so here is how I look at the loss.

BUT

Imagine the circus shit show that would be this years training camp and preseason if McCarron did happen to win us our first playoff game in forever. It may have been a long term blessing that McCarron didn't happen to win the game... just my 2 cents. The playoff win woulda been great, but the repercussions might not have been.

Valid point, never thought of that and you are exactly right. It would have been if neither were traded. 

Still sucked badly though. Especially the way it happened. 

My face still goes straight to the palm of my hands to muffle the sobs when recalling this debacle.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 12:41 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Valid point, never thought of that and you are exactly right. It would have been if neither were traded. 

Still sucked badly though. Especially the way it happened. 

My face still goes straight to the palm of my hands to muffle the sobs when recalling this debacle.  

The Dalton-led Bengals will have the last laugh...this season, next season, and they will finally send that fat pig out with a demoralizing loss in his home finale.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 12:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I like to take the Brightside to things so here is how I look at the loss.

BUT

Counter-point is that everyone saw him basically come back to win that game and there's still no camp controversy. ESPN ranked him #1 backup tho so people definitely noticed. 
Reply/Quote
I'm just imagining Yale's players and fans must have had a very similar feeling as we all did last playoff game. It's as if everyone was totally powerless to stop the whole shitshow and you just knew it was going to happen from the very moment of the fumble going forward ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote