Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harvin?
(04-01-2016, 12:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fred, you're so good at reading.   Rolleyes

Not as good as you are at backpeddling.
Reply/Quote
Man, I used to think Harvin was a great talent, but boy is he a douche. He really doesn't belong in the league at this point. One of my buddies was joking about signing him and this was pretty much my reaction:

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 12:40 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, I used to think Harvin was a great talent, but boy is he a douche.  

He was absolutely electrifying in college.  Going into the draft I had some concerns about his durability, but I considered him one of the most talented players on the board.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 04:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sometimes I feel like there's no player with more unrealistic expectations than a Bengals player buried on the depth chart.

Meh, every team has this section of a fanbase that just sees 0's on a guys statline and starts thinking hey...those 0's could totally be super high numbers!  One month into the NFL season fans of 75% of NFL teams start making arguments that the starting QB should be benched so they can "see what they have" in some backup who has never been a starter, or some 23 year old kid who knows about 3 plays.

People have seen to many damn movies and keep thinking every player MIGHT be the next ______!!!! Just keep plugging them in!  I mean, the Browns start 4 QBs per year, so how they haven't stumbled over the next Tom Brady I'll never know!

The whole "Let's bench this average or even above average player because the 7th round pick behind him might magically be elite" mindset is probably shared by people who think "winning the lottery or becoming famous" are valid career paths to take.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 06:54 PM)TRsome Wrote: Any chance that Ol' Mike tries another reclamation project? Would you want him as a 3rd WR?

Have we talked about this already?

No, he is a head case and injury prone. The guy has talent, but he would come in and be a locker room cancer. This club has done a good job of developing a better atmosphere so no need to add a guy that is as unstable both mentally and physically like him, besides like someone else said we have Alford who should get his fair shot this season.
Reply/Quote