Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Boyd been playing out of position?
Boyd has really turned it up this year. That said, he is a perfect slot receiver, but he has shown he should be opposite of aj, if Ross comes around. That said, after this year if ross doesn’t adjust, do they go out and find/ draft a guy for the 2 slot and move Boyd and Ross to slot positions or will Boyd continue to play all over? Furthermore, I know there is no chance in hell, but I would love to see the bengals make a play for dez. Mike brown is notorious for 2nd chances and charity cases.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 07:57 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Boyd has really turned it up this year. That said, he is a perfect slot receiver, but he has shown he should be opposite of aj, if Ross comes around. That said, after this year if ross doesn’t adjust, do they go out and find/ draft a guy for the 2 slot and move Boyd and Ross to slot positions or will Boyd continue to play all over? Furthermore, I know there is no chance in hell, but I would love to see the bengals make a play for dez. Mike brown is notorious for 2nd chances and charity cases.

It seems to be a league wide opinion that Dez doesn't really have much to give any more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
All 5 of AJ Greens touchdowns have been in the slot this season he must be playing out of position when on the outside. Ninja

Position titles are not important it's all about creating miss matches.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 07:57 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Boyd has really turned it up this year. That said, he is a perfect slot receiver, but he has shown he should be opposite of aj, if Ross comes around. That said, after this year if ross doesn’t adjust, do they go out and find/ draft a guy for the 2 slot and move Boyd and Ross to slot positions or will Boyd continue to play all over? Furthermore, I know there is no chance in hell, but I would love to see the bengals make a play for dez. Mike brown is notorious for 2nd chances and charity cases.

It's hard to say about the draft. But consider that both AJ's and Boyd's contracts expire at the end of next season.

Then there is CB where Dennard is in the final year of his rookie deal. And we need OL picks.

As for Dez, I really don't think he wants to fit in anywhere. Dallas is barren in the WR department and still cut him.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 08:04 PM)Synric Wrote: All 5 of AJ Greens touchdowns have been in the slot this season he must be playing out of position when on the outside. Ninja

Position titles are not important it's all about creating miss matches.

Fully agree.

AJ in slot is a brilliant mix by Lazor. He is actually coming across the field behind the backers.

Works well in man coverage.

We need Ross to clear out the safety.
Reply/Quote

The most dangerous core of receivers is their ability for any of them to play any one of the 3 WR positions. AJ can do it. Boyd can do it. Ross is still learning. Malone is one dimensional with lots to learn as is Core. Erickson is a slot guy only.

The more flexible are top 3 receivers are, the more options Lazor has to set up mismatches.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The most dangerous core of receivers is their ability for any of them to play any one of the 3 WR positions. AJ can do it. Boyd can do it. Ross is still learning. Malone is one dimensional with lots to learn as is Core. Erickson is a slot guy only.

The more flexible are top 3 receivers are, the more options Lazor has to set up mismatches.

I agree with everything you've said with the exception of the bold.  Given the reps to prepare for it, I'm pretty confident that Erickson can succeed outside the numbers.
Reply/Quote