Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Has Reality Hit Yet?
Reality did hit. All those years ago when i was bashing Carson Palmer for being a quitter i was wrong.

This head coach has mentally broken another QB. And a HoF WR.

Why wait until the end of the year marv is sabatoging this team. Killing a top 10 picks psyche. Wasting last years first round pick. Not developing anything on the OL.

Move the f on
Reply/Quote
Huber had a LOT of Punting yards. Can we just punt on frst down and speed up the game?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Reality did hit. All those years ago when i was bashing Carson Palmer for being a quitter i was wrong.

Why wait until the end of the year marv is sabatoging this team. Killing a top 10 picks psyche. Wasting last years first round pick. Not developing anything on the OL.

Move the f on

I agree. Also maybe Dillon and Pickens had it right also
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Reality did hit. All those years ago when i was bashing Carson Palmer for being a quitter i was wrong.

Move the f on

I honestly would not have let Marv on the plane.  "Sorry, Marv, you no longer work here."

This is the life of a Bengals fan--when it's good, something will always come along and take it away.  When it's bad, it is soul crushing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Reality did hit. All those years ago when i was bashing Carson Palmer for being a quitter i was wrong.

Move the f on

I don't think he's telling the line to not block and the WR's to not get open.

The talent just isn't there. They lost their 2 best lineman.

No coach could win with this roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't think he's telling the line to not block and the WR's to not get open.

The talent just isn't there. They lost their 2 best lineman.

No coach could win with this roster.

Any coach would make changes to what isnt working. Other than the loser making the calls here. 

The talent is here. It is so frustrated it is throwing punches at helmets trying to break HoF hands
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:35 PM)McC Wrote: Well, you have told us about seventeen times so, yeah, we're probably aware of it.

(11-05-2017, 06:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol yea we are aware that the Steelers are a good football team this season.

Jebus man. You can stop with these steelers lover threads.

(11-05-2017, 06:49 PM)thillan Wrote: Yeah dude, it's not a big secret the Steelers are better. You should probably just head over there, since you can't stop talking about them.

[Image: agree-gif-6.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Any coach would make changes to what isnt working. Other than the loser making the calls here. 

The talent is here. It is so frustrated it is throwing punches at helmets trying to break HoF hands

How is the talent here?

What's the fix to the offensive line?

What's the fix at WR2?
Reply/Quote
Why is it wrong when someone such as Pistons (sorry to single you out) wants to talk about the realistic state of the franchise? Has it been pointed out multiple times. Yes and I’m guilty of it also but even watching us get our asses handed to us we have playoff talk. Are you fukking serious?.. I’m a huge fan. Have been my whole life but I’m not ignorant enough to believe in that but let’s for arguments sake say we go 7-1 and make the playoffs. What will it mean? A first round exit, a Marvin extension and messing up draft position for a chance to draft an impact player.

Face reality we should be focusing on the drAft yeah we hope to win(we are fans) but with the teams current state a chance at an impact player is something we should all agree is something we desperately need. That and a coaching change (no Paulie he is a loser) so losing can help us in the long run
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How is the talent here?

What's the fix at WR2?

Start with trying someone else at C. We have 3 interior linemen on the roster we refuse to even try even though our interior line is garbage.

We have 2 1st and a 2nd round pick playing tackle. Fire the shitty ass line coach and get someone who isnt a soft spoken chubby shit who couldnt motivate a crackhead to smoke crack.

The redskins signed 3 dudes off the street like a week ago on OL. They are currently beating the seahawks. 

When you suck large swaths of ass you make changes.

Maybe play your top 10 pick. Who happens to be a wr when your wrs cant get open
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:34 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Why is it wrong when someone such as Pistons (sorry to single you out) wants to talk about the realistic state of the franchise? Has it been pointed out multiple times. Yes and I’m guilty of it also but even watching us get our asses handed to us we have playoff talk. Are you fukking serious?.. I’m a huge fan. Have been my whole life but I’m not ignorant enough to believe in that but let’s for arguments sake say we go 7-1 and make the playoffs. What will it mean? A first round exit, a Marvin extension and messing up draft position for a chance to draft an impact player.

Face reality we should be focusing on the drAft yeah we hope to win(we are fans) but with the teams current state a chance at an impact player is something we should all agree is something we desperately need. That and a coaching change (no Paulie he is a loser) so losing can help us in the long run

Yeah...people like to think we're just 1 or 2 minor changes away. Like Lazor.

When I do posts about how some 8 of our players grade out as really bad by PFF it ruffles some feathers as the team that people follow is a loser.

The real reveal of late is that the defense stinks too.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...people like to think we're just 1 or 2 minor changes away. Like Lazor.

When I do posts about how some 8 of our players grade out as really bad by PFF it ruffles some feathers as the team that people follow is a loser.

The real reveal of late is that the defense stinks too.

As bad as they played today they only gave up 16 points on the road  (the other 7 were ST). The offense is what's holding this team back. 

Reply/Quote
This isnt rebuilding. It’s incompetence.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I get it that everyone is tired of hearing how much better the Steelers are, but it's just fact. From owner down, they are just better than us. I get tired of hearing it too, but I also get tired of hearing our owner/GM talk about how he does the same things they do to win when it's a boldfaced lie. The Brown family has not, does not, and will not do what it takes to win. They will do everything in their power to make money, but winning is not their main objective.

Though no coaches are under contract for next season, we all know Mike Brown and his loyalty (cheapness really) will keep some of the current coaches around. As long as the Brown family has their money grubbing tentacles in this organization, division titles and playoff appearances are about the best we can hope for.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Start with trying someone else at C. We have 3 interior linemen on the roster we refuse to even try even though our interior line is garbage.

We have 2 1st and a 2nd round pick playing tackle. Fire the shitty ass line coach and get someone who isnt a soft spoken chubby shit who couldnt motivate a crackhead to smoke crack.

The redskins signed 3 dudes off the street like a week ago on OL. They are currently beating the seahawks. 

When you suck large swaths of ass you make changes.

Maybe play your top 10 pick. Who happens to be a wr when your wrs cant get open
And they have now beaten them despite the replay booth getting the Hawks an extra play by reviewing something that was clear as day.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How is the talent here?

What's the fix at WR2?

The talent is poor in many areas. What happened to Cody Core? Why aren't we trying other receivers like Josh Malone and Erickson? 

There is no fix to the offensive line currently. Maybe having a better center who can call out blitzes and can block might be a big step, but Ogbuehi is a serious bust and Fisher is just as bad. Hopkins isn't good and Boling is just OK. The fix is to fire PA, cut/release the entire offensive line, sign a decent FA lineman or 2, draft a couple young studs in the draft, and let them grow. 

We have the fix at WR2. Marvin doesn't want him to play because he doesn't like playing first round picks. Either that or try Erickson at WR2 since he's the only other receiver who can find ways to get open. 

But you can't talk about receivers until you have an offensive line that can keep your QB upright longer than a half second. Doesn't matter how many talent RBs you have to carry the ball. I believe Mixon and Bernard are great backs that can get chunks of yards, but it takes an offensive line to make holes for them to get to the next level. Barry Sanders couldn't get 500 yards in a year with this offensive line.
Reply/Quote
We are rebuilding? It seems like we are crimbiling.
There is a lot to like about this roster still though. One we have a good QB, A great Wr, Great 3 Technique, Good DE, A nice young upcoming edge Rusher, an elite LB, and a solid Secondary. On top of that I like our RB duo of Mixion and Bernard, Kroft looks impressive and Eifert if he can become healthy again is a nice duo, and there is a lot to like in Ross even though we haven't seen it, and I think Boyd can be good if given the opportunity. The only problem I for see is how do we get the Offensive line back from OMG we can't block to decent. I agree it just can't be through the draft but I don't think it is impossible rebuild. The problem is will Mike want to make those nessary changes or does he want to remain status quo.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Have you realized that the team is rebuilding?
That we have major issues on mainly offense...but both sides of the ball?
That we've lost a bunch of quality free agents over the past 2 seasons and not replaced most of them?
That we're more than a new OC away?
That we're more than a HC away? I don't know that any HC can win under this management.
That we need to start signing free agents?

The Rams were terrible last year on offense and went out and brought in Whitworth, Watkins, Woods, Sullivan and some others in free agency. THAT'S HOW YOU IMPROVE. Instead...we bring in a career RT who was injured last year and try him at Guard.

You cannot address every need through the draft...because in a good year you will get 2 quality starters out of any draft...and you don't know which players they will be.

Ready to face reality and admit that we aren't a great drafting team? That we had 2 great drafts 7-8 years ago and have been living off of it?

The same things still ring true YEAR after YEAR.
Reply/Quote
There’s a part of me that knows that there were 10 teams as bad or worse then the Bengals were this year. There’s a part of me that knows that it’s likely that the Bengals won’t win a super bowl in the next 20 years. A playoff appearance is celebrated around here like other cities celebrate a super bowl birth. This is my 30th year as a Bengals fan, there’s some good memories but it’s definitely not been a good investment of time. I know that the near future doesn’t look good either with the young QBs at Baltimore and Cleveland. Honestly, it’s a sickening feeling.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Some...but their front office actually addressed glaring needs. Watkins, Woods, Whitworth, and Sullivan were all huge upgrades in free agency.

We're not a coach away. If you hire a new coach here, they won't win with this roster. We're not a good draft away either.

The Steelers offense is better than the Bengals offense at EVERY SINGLE position. Think about that.

I’d argue respectfully that Mixon is a better running back than Connor. Not a better human being though.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote