Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Has Tee Higgins "checked out"?
He currently has 100 percent of all of our passing touchdowns. Would've had another if not for the bullshit OPI.
Reply/Quote
Tee had a bad game. Everyone on the offense stats will be down this year. Significantly. It's just going to be one of those years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:30 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He currently has 100 percent of all of our passing touchdowns. Would've had another if not for the bullshit OPI.

[Image: 5eef429efaa1d8e507bdee6f09093bb032f448c6...2f1823.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:30 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He currently has 100 percent of all of our passing touchdowns. Would've had another if not for the bullshit OPI.

It was bullshit because he didn't need to commit that foul, all he had to do was play the ball.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 11:23 AM)depthchart Wrote: Tee Higgins may be in a similar situation as Cee Dee Lamb was before Lamb became a #1 receiver for Dallas.

Cee Dee Lamb (with Amari Cooper as the #1 receiver) had 79 catches  1,102 yards and 9 TDs in 2021

Tee Higgins the last 2 seasons:   2021  74 catches 1,091 yards and 6 TDs

2022  74 catches 1,029 yards and 7 TDs

I think that Tee is worth #1 money to a Team that makes him a #1

Likely won't be worth #1 money to a Team that keeps him as a #2

Cee Dee Lamb after Amari Cooper left and as a #1 receiver  107 catches 1,359 yards 9 TDs in 2022

I think you misread my post. I said he is mid tier #1 WR, not a top 15 WR. As for him playing with Chase, I would think this allows more single coverage, if he becomes a team's #1, he gets the double and triple teams.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:29 PM)TheFan Wrote: If your QB can't reliably throw the ball more than 10 yards down field what are you supposed to do as a WR/offense? They can't magically put the ball in their hands for 30 yard gains. 

I get it, but it's still a dud performance regardless of whether it's the QB's fault or WR's (or both).
At the end of the day, it's one person throwing, the other catching. It's a partnership.
Both have to be successful to be productive.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It was bullshit because he didn't need to commit that foul, all he had to do was play the ball.

The DB bear hugged him.
Reply/Quote
Tee has "given up" on Zac.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I get it, but it's still a dud performance regardless of whether it's the QB's fault or WR's (or both).
At the end of the day, it's one person throwing, the other catching. It's a partnership.
Both have to be successful to be productive.

Yes, but if the QB over/under throws or misses it out of bounds there's literally nothing the receiver can do to fix that. I'm not saying the receivers have been flawless but Joe has had awful accuracy so far this year. Obviously the calf is likely the majority of the cause and a little lack of reps but there's nothing a WR can do on uncactable balls which is a lot of what the deep shots have been from Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:24 PM)TheFan Wrote: Yes, but if the QB over/under throws or misses it out of bounds there's literally nothing the receiver can do to fix that. I'm not saying the receivers have been flawless but Joe has had awful accuracy so far this year. Obviously the calf is likely the majority of the cause and a little lack of reps but there's nothing a WR can do on uncactable balls which is a lot of what the deep shots have been from Burrow. 

That's definitely true.

But on the flip side, there's nothing a QB can do if the receiver runs the wrong route, drops the pass, etc.

But at the end of the day, both influence each other's performance on the day.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
My opinion is Tee Higgins needs to visit an ophthalmologist. I think it’s his vision and/or depth perception.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's definitely true.

But on the flip side, there's nothing a QB can do if the receiver runs the wrong route, drops the pass, etc.

But at the end of the day, both influence each other's performance on the day.

Definitely agree. I don't really feel like Chase has played bad so far this year and think his lack of yards is more related to the Burrow issues. I do think Higgins played poorly in game 1 and 3, regardless of any mishaps Burrow had. 
Reply/Quote
If this is true, he's costing himself millions, because no one is paying him elite money or even starter money if he continues like this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dud is yardage to me.
I don't care what percentage of catches a person makes.
If you catch 6 balls but only get 30-40 yards, that's not very productive offensive-wise, especially for an outside WR.
TE or RB that might be more acceptable, but not a WR.

Yards and TDs are often circumstantial, the one constant stat is catch percentage rate.  Just like QBs are judged by completion percentage, WRs are also measured by catch percentage. Yards/Att applies more fairly to RBs, KR and PR.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 07:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yards and TDs are often circumstantial, the one constant stat is catch percentage rate.  Just like QBs are judged by completion percentage, WRs are also measured by catch percentage. Yards/Att applies more fairly to RBs, KR and PR.

I would largely agree with you, but with the important caveat that Intended Air Yards/Attempt and Depth of Target are included with the Completion % and Catch % rather than just trying to look at them on their own.

If you are only attempting 6.5 air yards per attempt, 70% completion is less impressive than if you had 68% completion but were averaging 8.0 air yards per attempt.

Shorter passes are easier. That's why Burrow in 2021 was so damn impressive with 70.4% Completion and 8.1 Intended Air Yards per Attempt and then in 2022 went down to 68.3% and 6.8. It's also why Tua is absolutely unreal this year with 71.3% and 9.1 intended air yards per pass attempt.

Same thing on the pass catcher side. In 2021 you have Sample at 73.3% catch rate, Boyd at 71.3% catch rate, and Chase at 63.3% catch rate. But if you look closer you see Sample had an average depth of target of 2.3, Boyd at 7.7, and Chase at 12.6, which gives a whole new context to the numbers.

It's also why while I do agree Yards Per Carry is much much better than yards or TDs for judging RBs, it's also good to see Yards After Contact for RBs because some guys are just being blocked for big open runs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 11:36 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd say Boyd is checked out. Dude gave zero effort on the Burrow INT.

Did you see his 1st down when he caught it three yards short of the sticks? That’s not checked out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Maybe hes worried hes going to Damar Hamlin someone again?
Reply/Quote
I don't think Higgins has checked out at all, but, with Boyd, I DO think he is expendable for a quality first round draft pick. Who needs three primary receivers anyway? Chase and Boyd are MORE than adequate.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati has three receivers that could potentially be top receivers (the only exception is Boyd, obviously....but Boyd is a TOP notch receiver without the name recognition) with another team.  If a team is in need of a reliable receiver trade Higgins or Boyd for a player and a first round pick.  My guess is that a mid first round pick and a player would be adequate for Higgins, and a late first rounder would be adequate for Boyd.  Grab a quality DB (although Cinci hasn't had a good record of drafting DB's) or a quality pass rusher. Cincinnati's defense will be their Achilles heal this year, not so much the offense. Losing both Bates and Bell on defense hurt the defense terribly, and losing Hurst on offense was a bigger loss than realized......esp to Carolina who is pretty much a bottom dweller ( and I live in NC and pull for the Panthers after Cincinnati)!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 11:11 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Cincinnati has three receivers that could potentially be top receivers(the only exception is Boyd, obviously) with another team.  If a team is in need of a reliable receiver trade Higgins or Boyd for a player and a first round pick.  My guess is that a mid first round pick and a player would be adequate for Higgins.  Grab a quality DB (although Cinci hasn't had a good record of drafting DB's) or a quality pass rusher. Cincinnati's defense will be their Achilles heal this year, not so much the offense. Losing both Bates and Bell on defense and Hurst on offense were tremendous losses.

WTF
Reply/Quote