Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Preferential Treatment???
(01-19-2017, 04:05 PM)cvbengals Wrote: You worry to much about the steelers. They're not your team.

Cool  I don't 'worry' about anything, but pray about everything.

I do not like the Steelers or anything about them.

The team I root for is not in the playoffs and the Steelers are.

I want to see them get crushed!!!  
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 01:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also,

Those saying that the Bengals dont have problems on the team anymore....are you guys kidding?

Look at Pacman. He has gotten in trouble numerous time and the Bengals dont do a damn thing about it. His off the field issues translate to his discipline on the field.

Its not how many "criminals" or "thugs" the Bengals have on their team, its their unwillingness to do anything about it. Thats the point.

I mentioned Pacman. Who else?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 03:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It could also be that they know how many Steelers fans there are across the country, so they know that bashing an unpopular rival team will satisfy those viewers.

That is true. Makes them happy. Screw them! Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 01:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Leveon Bell did drugs and never faced any kind of suspension other than what the league did. The Steelers welcomed him back with open arms.

Joey Porter fought some guy in a bar and caused all kind of mayhem and was coaching that same weekend.

The media narrative about how the Steelers are angels and how we should all suck their dicks is getting on my damn nerves.

Exactly.  They did, however, discipline his "up in smoke" partner, LeGarret Blount, who they face this weekend.  I can't help but think he might have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.  

The mere fact that piggy is their QB and not in prison is the biggest hypocritical action of the NFL.  You don't pay someone 7 figures (that's two commas) to keep quiet...and that was the second offense.  If Piggy was black, and played somewhere like Cincy, he would still be in prison.  Vick got two years, because of dog fighting...oh, but he LIED about it!  So did piggy in his meeting.  The ultimate example of a steeler getting away with crap where he should be in prison and never playing again.  Instead, people wax about him as he is some great leader....damn drama queen piggy. 
Reply/Quote
Are we really supposed to care about players behavior anymore than the behavior of our own kids and families? I don't think so. 
Most of these guys are paid enough money that few of them should ever have to do an honest days work once they leave the league and many won't. 
They allegedly represent our hometowns ,but few of them are from the towns or live in them and for a few dollars more in their inflated contracts will play elsewhere. 
Media loves to throw around the term 'football smarts' which is about a meaningless term as you can find. So when they say and do stupid things I chalk it up to being just like the rest of us with the exception of the fact that many are millionaires and can afford to pay high price lawyers to get them off or higher priced PR firms to spin their stupidity as 'locker room banter' or similar type nonsense. 
I watch football for the entertainment and short of Arron Hernandez type behavior I could care less what they say or do off the field.  I highly doubt that many are the squeeky clean types that the teams portray them as being and if a few believe themselves to be the special snowflake then so what? They're generally put on the pedestal from jr high school onwards and treated like royalty and we're supposed to care if they do or don't act like spoiled  divas? I've had the flu for the past week. I got more important things to worry about. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 06:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mentioned Pacman. Who else?

Why do I need to mention anyone else? Like I said...the Bengals don't discipline their players. Pacman is an example and it holds true for the rest of the organization. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Tony Kornheiser has his lips too firmly attached to Aaron Rodgers' backside to notice anything accurate about any team in the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
It comes down to this:

The Bengals will always be hated and caught in some sort of time warp until they win a playoff game, or better, championship. 

I hate ESPN.  Nevertheless, the statement made reflects the prevalent view that the Bengal's Front Office (Mike Brown) has tolerated years of athletes displaying boundary issues and disregard for either for violating laws or rules of the game.  It is the culture of tolerance the team's Head Coach and Owner that makes members of the media, hell even draft sites, rub people the wrong way. 

If the Bengals were to cut let's say Burfict or Adam Jones for some violation, then the team would gain some respect.  If the players would not fall apart during the playoffs and self-destruct, then the organization would gain some respect.  People outside the fan-base of the Bengals will distance him or her self from the team to avoid sharing perceived weakness.  It is the way defensiveness works.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Conversely, I was listening to Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller talk about the AB situation and PK said:

"I used to think Antonio Brown was like AJ Green and Julio Jones, but I am starting to discover he is more like OBJ and Dez Bryant.'

And he wasn't talking about playing style.  

As to holding our players accountable: We sure showed Robert Sands the door, Did not take back Odell Thurman after the Commish ruled him eligible, sent Ahmad Brooks packing, and traded Chad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Look at all the guys that other teams waived because of off-the-field issues we brought in:

Tank Johnson
Benson
Pacman Jones

Drafted guys:
Chris Henry
Thurman
Sands

Nicholson and Rucker had college arrest history and were drafted.

It takes years for that reputation to go away.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look at all the guys that other teams waived because of off-the-field issues we brought in:

Tank Johnson
Benson
Pacman Jones

Drafted guys:
Chris Henry
Thurman
Sands

NO team overlooks off-field issues more than the Patriots; yet, every site applauds the "Patriot Way".   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look at all the guys that other teams waived because of off-the-field issues we brought in:

Tank Johnson
Benson
Pacman Jones

Drafted guys:
Chris Henry
Thurman
Sands

Good Lord, how long ago are those guys?
Reply/Quote