Poll: Did Taylor lose the locker room?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Zac lost the locker room
(10-26-2020, 01:51 AM)jason Wrote: If you've lost the defense, you've lost the team. It's kinda an important phase of the game. It's a bad look when shenanigans are going on on the sidelines with 11 seconds (or whatever) left... Can we finish the game over here gentlemen?

Bad look for who, Carlos or the team?
Reply/Quote
Let's say Burrow was only given 10 passes a game and he was 5-10 with a INT. Sample size can be misleading. Carlos hasnt handled it properly I will agree their. Zac is as much to blame as Dunlap though.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 11:22 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Bad look for who, Carlos or the team?

Everybody involved... But mostly Carlos. I mean in theory we still had a chance to win at that point.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
ZT hasnt lost the locker room. The leader of our team confirmed that in his post game interview yesterday and said ZT is the guy to get them where they want to go. Burrow is giving ZT a lot of praise. So is AJ by saying this is one of the best offenses he's ever been a part of. Boyd too he is obviously on board along with a lot of players.

Carlos is looking pretty alone right now. Its almost like he forgets that football is a business and if you arent producing you will lose your job. That is a fact of life that he doesnt seem to be handling very well right now. This aint Marvin's team anymore, and like them or hate them the new coaches arent afraid to bench people for poor play.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 11:21 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think he would have lost the locker room had Carlos Dunlap not gone full nuclear.

There are legitimate gripes that the players should (and probably do) have, but once one player went so over the top with his complaints, especially in what is seemingly less a team centric "these coaches aren't doing what's best for the team guys" and more a "mAh PlAyInG tImE!" childish plea for attention, the players had something to rally around; In essence, Dunlap has become the focus rather than the actual problem with the team which is the coaching.

By providing a rallying point to the players, Dunlap has quelled any amount of meaningful outcry or frustration towards the coaches because any such expression now would just be lumped in with Dunlap and, honestly, no one wants to be viewed like him; a selfish crybaby who is putting his snaps ahead of the team.

This. I honestly think Dunlap, given how he has acted the last couple of weeks, has helped save the locker room more than lost it because of how ridiculous he is being. 

That said, I don't think Taylor has won the locker room. But also don't think he has lost it. 
Reply/Quote
Did Mike Tomlin lose the Stoolers' dressing room when Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell wanted out?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:09 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:
My theory is Zac and Lou are trying to eradicate all vestiges of the Marvin Lewis era one position at a time.  Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap were once key players of the Z-Fense under Mike Zimmer but this was many seasons ago.  Neither Geno nor Carlos are young men anymore.  Geno can't get to quarterbacks and Carlos bats down a pass in maybe every third game now and I sort of see Zac and Lou's point:  The orange isn't worth the squeeze.   It's time to move on but the other defensive linemen on the Bengals' roster are awful.

The goal is to win games.. and after watching the lack of pressure from our DLine without Geno is crazy.  Last year Geno still had 4.5 sacks.. when i have to look at the roster to see what person is playing tackle that is not good.  I understand Dunlap reduction but to pretty much not play Geno .. I don't get it at all. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 12:09 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Did Mike Tomlin lose the Stoolers' dressing room when Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell wanted out?

Does Zac deserve the reputation and leash Tomlin earned?
Reply/Quote
Who cares about the locker room; he’s lost nineteen out of twenty-three games.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote