Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone ever called you a Nazi?
Why did they do that?

I was called a Nazi once.

Not to my face,mind you.  It was on a note hanging from the door to our college radio station.

I was 21 years old and in my second year as president of our radio club, so this was late 1990, eary 1991.

At a meeting some of the underclassmen were having a fit because we didn't SOLELY play "college music" (new wave/alternative stuff).  My stance (and that of the rest of the board) was that it was up to each student to decide the content of their show.  We had those shows and we had classic rock and we had a lot of people trying to do comedy.  As long as it met FCC decency guidelines and the monks (the school was attached to a monastery) didn't complain it was all good.  Every student was treated equally.  Everyone would find their audience.

About a week later I found the note.  

I don't remember the exact wording of contents...just the part where it said *I* was a "nazi" because I didn't do things they wanted and ran things with a iron fist.   Smirk

So I thought for a few minutes and then wrote my response (taped under their note).

I gave a very brief answer about how this had been discussed in public, during a meeting, and yet their response was anonymous and posted in a note on the third floor of a building that leads to a room that a handful of students even used.

Then I added some lyrics from Billy Joel's "Angry Young Man":

Quote:I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight
I once believed in causes too
I had my pointless point of view
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right

And there's always a place for the angry young man...

They were making a stance that, while they had every right to make it, was far less important that of the the true nazis.  

Half a life later I fight more for what I think is "right" then I did back then.  The causes might seem bigger but they are still for people to be treated equally...and fairly.  

Everyone will find their audience.

I might still have it somewhere because I got such a kick out of it I saved it for a long time to remind me that for a lot of people "equal" means everyone has to be like them.

Anyway....that's storytime for today!   Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Only under certain conditions.

My "safe word" is "blutfahne".
Nazi is used in two different ways. The more benign meaning like a control freak or someone who is very regimental. The other of course relating someone's politics to Nazi Germany. I guess there's a third where people say they are Nazis.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-13-2018, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only under certain conditions.

My "safe word" is "blutfahne".

Who needs a safeword?  " Mellow"

(07-13-2018, 01:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nazi is used in two different ways.  The more benign meaning like a control freak or someone who is very regimental.  The other of course relating someone's politics to Nazi Germany.  I guess there's a third where people say they are Nazis.

My boss used to call his wife "the point nazi" when they did weight watchers. I'm sure he didn't mean she hated jews or wanted world domination.

The ones that call themselves Nazi...wonder what they mean by it?
(07-13-2018, 01:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Who needs a safeword?  " Mellow"

My boss used to call his wife "the point nazi" when they did weight watchers.  I'm sure he didn't mean she hated jews or wanted world domination.  

The ones that call themselves Nazi...wonder what they mean by it?

I'm pretty sure they mean they are Nazis.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-13-2018, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My "safe word" is "blutfahne".

lol

As to the question, yes. But that's not that uncommon here.
(07-13-2018, 01:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Who needs a safeword?  " Mellow"

People who engage in Nazi sex.
i was called one on twitter yesterday

a trumpster got mad that i mentioned the openly running nazis that are on ballots and he responded that i was a nazi
People suck
(07-13-2018, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People who engage in Nazi sex.

That's so beta.
(07-13-2018, 02:08 PM)Griever Wrote: i was called one on twitter yesterday

a trumpster got mad that i mentioned the openly running nazis that are on ballots and he responded that i was a nazi

Well, that makes sense.   Mellow
(07-13-2018, 02:08 PM)Griever Wrote: i was called one on twitter yesterday

Didn't you used to use some sort of cartoon Nazi avatar on another message board?

Sorry if I am confusing you with someone else.
(07-13-2018, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Didn't you used to use some sort of cartoon Nazi avatar on another message board?

Sorry if I am confusing you with someone else.

not that I can remember

i sported obama as palpatine for a while on the old board, and then the klotsch board during the whole Doc thing
People suck