Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has trash TV finally reached it's apex?
I believe that MTV has officially jumped the shark.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/teen-mom-star-jenelle-evans-ex-wants-custody-after-she-pulls-gun-in-road-rage-incident-with-son-in-car/ar-BBL2t1O?ocid=spartandhp

Quote:Jenelle, 26, also has an 18-month-old daughter, Ensley, with David, 30, whom she married last year. Her eldest son, Jace, is from a previous relationship with ex Andrew Lewis.
"I know [MTV's] 'Teen Mom 2,' they cut out certain scenes and stuff... of course we're going to investigate farther into the raw footage, maybe try to subpoena some of the things to court," Nathan explained to TMZ of his legal strategy. (In 2017, Nathan and Jenelle reached a custody agreement in which he got Kaiser the first and last two weeks of every month, though in recent months, he's been pushing for more time with his son.)
"I can provide a stable and peaceful environment," Nathan, who also has a daughter, Emery, from a previous relationship, tells TMZ.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I didn't even know MTV was still on. 

I watch more RFD TV these days.  I really like that Marty Stuart show.  They actually play this thing we call 'music' on there. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
People still watch TV? I watch mostly foreign movies and series since (with subtitles) most of the domestic stuff is kind of like having to watch annoying neighbors all day.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
People still use the internet? Pfffft.

I've been posting telekinetically from my astral plane. Cool
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I’m still pissed at TV Guide for ruining jumptheshark.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The GF and her friends watch GARBAGE like this all the time. Really one of the only things about her I genuinely dislike.

These [idiot] Mom shows are the worst of the bunch. To exploit kids like that. To have their whiney ass screams and tantrums on public record for the rest of their lives. I don't know a parent lives with themselves after doing something like that. There should literally be laws protecting kids from shit like this.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The GF and her friends watch GARBAGE like this all the time.  Really one of the only things about her I genuinely dislike.

These [idiot] Mom shows are the worst of the bunch.  To exploit kids like that.  To have their whiney ass screams and tantrums on public record for the rest of their lives.  I don't know a parent lives with themselves after doing something like that.  There should literally be laws protecting kids from shit like this.

Honestly, I thought that shows like that had played their course, and dried up and blew away.  When I first read the story that I linked, I was quite surprised to discover that they are still alive and well.  If networks like "MTV" insist on showing programs depicting young, single motherhood;  They should at least throw in the slant that Fathers in children's lives make a difference.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I thought that shows like that had played their course, and dried up and blew away.  When I first read the story that I linked, I was quite surprised to discover that they are still alive and well.  If networks like "MTV" insist on showing programs depicting young, single motherhood;  They should at least throw in the slant that Fathers in children's lives make a difference.

They certainly should have dried up long ago.  Its just cheap to produce that kind of content and there is an unfortunate market for it.  

I really feel for those kids.  What a terrible way to grow up. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The GF and her friends watch GARBAGE like this all the time. Really one of the only things about her I genuinely dislike.

These [idiot] Mom shows are the worst of the bunch. To exploit kids like that. To have their whiney ass screams and tantrums on public record for the rest of their lives. I don't know a parent lives with themselves after doing something like that. There should literally be laws protecting kids from shit like this.

It’s cheap to make. Big Bang Theory pays something in the neighborhood of $6million an episode for the actors. MTV probably pays a carton of smokes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s cheap to make. Big Bang Theory pays something in the neighborhood of $6million an episode for the actors. MTV probably pays a carton of smokes.

Well, just to say, BBT has millions of wage earning viewers, "teen mom" not so many..  Btw, I'm pretty sad, as I see the end of Big Bang coming sooner than later..  They've pretty well played that series out.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, just to say, BBT has millions of wage earning viewers, "teen mom" not so many..  Btw, I'm pretty sad, as I see the end of Big Bang coming sooner than later..  They've pretty well played that series out.

Signed through this year. I’m guessing it will be the finale.

Reply/Quote