Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hasson Reddick
The best linebacker in the draft.
6'1 237 pure speed with heart and a heavy hitter

forget that alabama dude with mental issues and health issues

if we dont steal this guy then someone will, and itll probably be the steelers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I76cLlT_kE0

I watched most of the combine and this dude went off. all day every day.
Perfect for this pass happy league, can blitz and cover TEs and DBS
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:37 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: The best linebacker in the draft.

While I like the guys talent and abilities how can you call a guy who has never played LB outside of the senior bowl, the best LB in the draft??

This is from NFL.com

BOTTOM LINE:

Injuries limited Reddick to just four games over last two years of high school, forcing him to walk on at Temple. The Owls staff helped him unlock his explosive athletic traits on the field, which resulted in three forced fumbles, 9.5 sacks and 21.5 tackles for loss in 2016. Reddick's speed and athleticism might give him a greater shot at impacting the game as a 3-4 inside linebacker or a 4-3 WILL rather than trying to bulk up and play the edge. An ascending prospect with a high-end potential if he can continue to hone his craft.

Does anyone trust this coaching staff to take a guy who is out of position and coach him up to be an all-pro LB? It's never happened before and they've tried it with other draft picks.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Hey, broth. Mellow

We are on the same page.

This is my favorite LB pick at 9 now without question.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 11:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While I like the guys talent and abilities how can you call a guy who has never played LB outside of the senior bowl, the best LB in the draft??

This is from NFL.com

BOTTOM LINE:

Injuries limited Reddick to just four games over last two years of high school, forcing him to walk on at Temple. The Owls staff helped him unlock his explosive athletic traits on the field, which resulted in three forced fumbles, 9.5 sacks and 21.5 tackles for loss in 2016. Reddick's speed and athleticism might give him a greater shot at impacting the game as a 3-4 inside linebacker or a 4-3 WILL rather than trying to bulk up and play the edge. An ascending prospect with a high-end potential if he can continue to hone his craft.

Does anyone trust this coaching staff to take a guy who is out of position and coach him up to be an all-pro LB? It's never happened before and they've tried it with other draft picks.

Foster has tons of problems Murdock. I would take Zach Cunningham over Reuben Foster.

Hassan Reddick is way more athletic, can rush the passer and cover better than Foster.

If we take a LB at 9 i want it to be Reddick.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 11:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, broth. Mellow

We are on the same page.

This is my favorite LB pick at 9 now without question.

turns out hes smart! loves film and loves the game.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 11:59 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: turns out hes smart! loves film and loves the game.

Crazy athlete that can cover as well.

The exact Linebacker this team has needed for a very long time.
Reply/Quote
There is nothing in Reddicks tape that says he can play MLB in a 4-3 which is what we are looking for. He occasionally, and very rarely at that, dropped into some zone but never played anyone man up and normally it was a simple hook zone. The guy is a 3-4 OLB or MAYBE a 3-4 ILB, but there is no fit as a 4-3 MLB. If you tried to make that work he'd be a multi year project that we'd probably end up moving to an under sized DE.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 11:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Foster has tons of problems Murdock. I would take Zach Cunningham over Reuben Foster.

Hassan Reddick is way more athletic, can rush the passer and cover better than Foster.

If we take a LB at 9 i want it to be Reddick.

I'm not sold on Foster either, he's a big bruising type of guy that has some red flags around him. 

I just don't want to see this team use the #9 pick on another project. Get a guy that can step in and produce. 

Reddick may be great, but he's going to need coaching and when is the last time the team coached up a project guy and got production? It feels like Roddrick Muckelroy, Dontay Moch, Margus Hunt and to some degree, even PJ Dawson all over again except now you're talking about the first round.

This coaching staff just hasn't been able to take this guys with raw natural talent and turn it into something on the field. That worries me at the 9 spot.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If the Steelers can get him at 30, then he's a huge reach at 9. Who are you taking off the field on 3rd down for him? Burfict or Minter? I don't think we go LB at 9, even if it is starting to look like we'll be in no mans land without a good pick for us.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

The more I research him, the more I like him. To me a huge intangible is heart and work ethic. Will these college kids run through walls once they get paid or will they get softer? That is why the do interviews and research so hope Bengals pick the guy that just loves football more than he loves money.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We've been looking for this type LB for awhile. We always call this type a 3/4 that won't fit here and then watch our linebackers struggle in coverage. He had 10 1/2 sacks last year and 22 1/2 TFL and caused 3 fumbles. Then ran a 4.52 at the combine. I say why not. I've warmed up to him.
Reply/Quote